Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

4 hours ago, blutow said:

McElroy's reaction here is priceless (about 2 minutes in) - 

Nuno - "I don't think Texas has the same level of defense"

McElroy "As A&M?" (thinking Nuno must be comparing Texas to Alabama or some other reasonable comparison)

Nuno "Yeah" (without hesitation, it's not a lie if you believe it I guess).      

yeah Greg was the one that stood up for the Horns D there.

look the guy is in an impossible situation as a BCS champ winning QB given what happened, but on this interview the best part is 8:27 -- Greg McElroy: "when your QB is out it takes the wind out of the balloon immediately."

confused jeff bridges GIF

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

yeah Greg was the one that stood up for the Horns D there.

look the guy is in an impossible situation as a BCS champ winning QB given what happened, but on this interview the best part is 8:27 -- Greg McElroy: "when your QB is out it takes the wind out of the balloon immediately."

confused jeff bridges GIF

Texags later had Josh Pate on to affirm their feelings. Greg probably won't be allowed back for a while. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

Texags later had Josh Pate on to affirm their feelings. Greg probably won't be allowed back for a while. 

Took Pate no time to figure out that grift. 

Sad to see recruits can get that hung up one a single game. These are some of the best young players in the country, and it’s difficult to imagine they watched that abortion against pig last week and think, yeah, aggy is a team on the rise after squeaking one past a down bama. Also hard for me to believe kids that are down to 2-3 schools don’t watch a good bit of each of them. But I’m certainly not an expert. Just mind bottling 

Edited by fattyflattie

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Took Pate no time to figure out that grift. 

Sad to see recruits can get that hung up one a single game. These are some of the best young players in the country, and it’s difficult to imagine they watched that abortion against pig last week and think, yeah, aggy is a team on the rise after squeaking one past a down bama. Also hard for me to believe kids that are down to 2-3 schools don’t watch a good bit of each of them. But I’m certainly not an expert. Just mind bottling 

When the money is high enough, the burden of proof for rationalizations is low.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Correct. They’ve already scored enough for a less than 10 point loss.

Today, is not our day. 

This is silly. They lost at home by 6 to a team we beat on the road by 10.

They may spend enough to land guys, but it’ll be just that, them spending to land guys. This game wasn’t some moving moment for them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Looks like the Aggy ploy is gonna work

They didn't win.  They lost against Bama last year and lost this year to the Tide at home.  Almost won is their annual big game whine.  So yet again, they won't play for a conference championship which is the exact same since they joined the SEC, and a NC hasn't happened since well before Nick Saban was born.  Have they played Georgia?  Seldom ever--and those are losses.  So let's not act like they are a top tier SEC team until they play in top tier games.  Visit the hall of secondary bowl champions. What's the sell?  The future?  It's the same meh as the past. The sell is we'll pay you to play for our shit show university and root for Bama or Georgia in the NC, because whoop, SEC.  Can they point to anything else that has happened to show anything different?  Yep, it's always next year.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Read ctj’s post above. Other than winning, this is exactly what they wanted. 

I don't think you should take that as gospel, it wasn't a very exciting game and the score would have been much worse if Bama didn't continually shoot themselves in the foot. Plus I think they lose again next week.

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

"they'll treat it like a win" != it'll land like a win

It was a 1-score game, but don't see how much of anything about that game woulda gotten recruits excited about suiting up in maroon and white. Except maybe a McDonald's bag full of cash

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Win or close loss is what the staff wanted. That doesn’t mean recruits see it the same. We’ll see if it works, but it’s the money that will talk. All that matters.

4 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

They didn't win.  They lost against Bama last year and lost this year to the Tide at home.  Almost won is their annual big game whine.  So yet again, they won't play for a conference championship which is the exact same since they joined the SEC, and a NC hasn't happened since well before Nick Saban was born.  Have they played Georgia?  Seldom ever--and those are losses.  So let's not act like they are a top tier SEC team until they play in top tier games.  Visit the hall of secondary bowl champions. What's the sell?  The future?  It's the same meh as the past. The sell is we'll pay you to play for our shit show university and root for Bama or Georgia in the NC, because whoop, SEC.  Can they point to anything else that has happened to show anything different?  Yep, it's always next year.   

Your logic doesn't seem to get through to the childrens. We need to print some pamphlets.

Edited by mwaadeeb

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I don't think you should take that as gospel, it wasn't a very exciting game and the score would have been much worse if Bama didn't continually shoot themselves in the foot. Plus I think they lose again next week.

3 points in the second half while giving up 16 isn’t exactly being competitive to the end. 

20 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

It’s the boosters who will fund the recruiting efforts that Jimbo needed to impress with this game. If going 1-5 against Bama convinces them that he’s the guy, then they are people who have more money than sense. 

Have you seen his contract? 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

It’s the boosters who will fund the recruiting efforts that Jimbo needed to impress with this game. If going 1-5 against Bama convinces them that he’s the guy, then they are people who have more money than sense. 

I’m sure the boosters are presented with: 

the scenarios of the cost of removing jimbo and assistants and replacing them.

the cost of funding an elite roster 

the product they live with for 3-4 seasons if they fund neither. 

feels like they’ve chosen to try to mitigate the coaching with top talent. 

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

Initial reactions seem to be frustrations over Jimbo turtling. It’s not excitement over a close loss but consternation over Jimbo’s conservatism 

Close loss isn't so exciting when you blow a late lead. Ask me how I know. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 4

17 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

A close loss to Bama got them Demas few years ago iirc. I guess you can sell hope only for so long.

I know Jimbo is a snake oil salesman but how many times can you sell close losses when you're 6 years in. At least Sark is in year 3 and showing progress.

• Hook 'Em 5