Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

5 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I just can’t figure out why a kid would put their future in lot with aggie when they can clearly see the direction that program is trending vs sark and the direction were trending .

I get your point but A&M is 4-1 and probably had a lot of financial commitments come available with all of the transfers out of the program.  I don’t think it’s a stretch that the combination is giving a certain type of player something to think about. 

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He means they're going to overpay for recruits with the perception of whipping our asses. 

It was written elsewhere - maybe by Justin - that Texas A&M is clearly going after any DL/ Edge prospects Texas is interested in with the hopes of dominating Texas on the line next year and beyond. 

They are convinced that the route to success is by preventing anyone else from having highly ranked DL targets. It's like they're doing it at the expense of everything else. 

If they play Bama close, that will probably keep the money flowing. If they shit the bed in that game and then shit the bed on the road in Knoxville, who the hell knows?

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It was written elsewhere - maybe by Justin - that Texas A&M is clearly going after any DL/ Edge prospects Texas is interested in with the hopes of dominating Texas on the line next year and beyond. 

I like Solomon Williams as a prospect, but if they want to overpay for him by several orders of magnitude after we have Simmons and Zina, and when they have a ton of other major needs, then sure go for it. The other thing Jimbo is not considering is that we are actually developing talent. But a reactionary recruiting strategy based on what another school is doing is about as aggy as you can get. 

10 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I just can’t figure out why a kid would put their future in lot with aggie when they can clearly see the direction that program is trending vs sark and the direction were trending .

It may be hard to fathom, but aggy is a magnet for morons. It's like asking why flies are attracted to dogshit. No idea why, but they are. 

You're trying to apply logic and reason when there is nothing logical or reasonable about aggy. 

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They are convinced that the route to success is by preventing anyone else from having highly ranked DL targets. It's like they're doing it at the expense of everything else. 

If they play Bama close, that will probably keep the money flowing. If they shit the bed in that game and then shit the bed on the road in Knoxville, who the hell knows?

this isn't perfect but Kelly Ford rankings project them to be underdogs vs Bama, Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU - which are all of their away games rest of year other than Bama at home.

Don't I remember Jimbo has some terrible home/away split in SEC play?

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I believe the SWC was buried in that car in some remote sorghum field with no marker.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Sorghum. Now that there is a criminally underrated grain. 

My uncle (R.I.P.) who was a farmer, seed salesman (GUMP’S), and U.S. Air Force Reserves (mechanic) used to sometimes say:

”This year we’re planting Corn, Bean*, and Sorghum.”

So when I see that word, I immediately hear him saying that in his small town Missouri barely made it through high school blue collar accent. 

*”bean” = “soy bean” to non-farmers. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, NoName said:

this isn't perfect but Kelly Ford rankings project them to be underdogs vs Bama, Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU - which are all of their away games rest of year other than Bama at home.

Don't I remember Jimbo has some terrible home/away split in SEC play?

Well, aggy hasn't won a true road game since 2021 so....

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Sorghum. Now that there is a criminally underrated grain. 

50 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

My uncle (R.I.P.) who was a farmer, seed salesman (GUMP’S), and U.S. Air Force Reserves (mechanic) used to sometimes say:

”This year we’re planting Corn, Bean*, and Sorghum.”

So when I see that word, I immediately hear him saying that in his small town Missouri barely made it through high school blue collar accent. 

*”bean” = “soy bean” to non-farmers. 

I mainly recall the mention of sorghum in all those public school geography courses we had to take. Just about every state raised various crops. The list always ended with ", and sorghum." I had no idea what it was.

I asked a teacher after several years of hearing it. She said it was feed for animals. That's all I "know." I wouldn't know it if I saw it. I often wondered if it actually existed. 

I just used it above because it's a funny word.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, satyanash said:

1. I love the idea of Sanders taking Aggie recruits.

2. I love that this recruit didn't call Sanders, Coach Prime. I'm so bored with that nickname.

3. A&M is really banking on "making a statement" against Alabama, a team that, when we beat them, was not a statement victory. I think the tracks of the rollercoaster come to an end on Saturday.

The below from well-known scholar Olin Buchanon sums up the Aggie mindset:

Disrespected

Although A&M and Alabama have identical 4-1 records, the Crimson Tide is ranked No. 11 in the Associated Press Top 25, and the Aggies are unranked.

Alabama's loss was at home to No. 3 Texas, 34-24. A&M fell on the road to No. 17 Miami, 48-33.

Alabama has posted SEC victories over Ole Miss and Mississippi State. A&M has beaten Auburn and Arkansas.

Based on those results, the Aggies don’t understand the wide disparity in how the programs are viewed this season.

“I feel like a lot of those guys (teammates) feel a little disrespected in a way,” Smith said. "I feel like everybody in that locker room plays with a little bit of a chip on their shoulders whether they’re the starters, whether they’re the backups, whether they’re the walk-ons.

“With us being unranked or whatever… yeah, that’s cool. We’ve been brought up in discussions on TV and whatnot. But at the same time, go ahead. Keep talking bad about us. That’s just going to make us go harder.”

Totally equivalent.

• Haha 3

It is absolutely bizarre that Jimbo’s recruiting strategy is to corner the market on elite DL prospects, at any cost. Meanwhile, Texas has a better D line this year despite the star rankings. Development matters. Star rankings and mythical recruiting titles belong on a t-shirt or a commemorative cup. 

• Hook 'Em 8

10 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

It is absolutely bizarre that Jimbo’s recruiting strategy is to corner the market on elite DL prospects, at any cost. Meanwhile, Texas has a better D line this year despite the star rankings. Development matters. Star rankings and mythical recruiting titles belong on a t-shirt or a commemorative cup. 

This is exactly why Jimbo is the perfect aggy coach, and I hope he stays there forever. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Surprising that Sweat has played 32 more snaps than Murphy. Speaks well to his conditioning even at his massive size. 

Sweat played the most snaps last season (among DTs) as well.  50 more snaps than 2nd place Coburn.  Getting Sweat back for his COVID year was one of the most underrated moves of the 2023 offseason for Texas.

2022 season

image.thumb.png.2e46dca905b9e9cc056f2e72235e7b1c.png

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

1. I love the idea of Sanders taking Aggie recruits.

2. I love that this recruit didn't call Sanders, Coach Prime. I'm so bored with that nickname.

3. A&M is really banking on "making a statement" against Alabama, a team that, when we beat them, was not a statement victory. I think the tracks of the rollercoaster come to an end on Saturday.

The win in Bama was the very definition of a statement victory. 

On 10/2/2023 at 4:11 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

They'll lose Diggs, Jackson, and Turner this year, which is 3/4 of the starters and who they are getting most of the production from up front.  Nolen will be pretty good.  Albert Regis and Isaiah Raikes aren't scaring anybody.  I guess Hicks and Dindy factor more into next year?  Where is Overton?  Shemar Stewart looks pretty good, is he tempted to portal back home to Miami to get more PT?

On 10/3/2023 at 9:19 AM, satyanash said:

Whatever.  Yeah so Colorado had some B list celebrities like DaBay, TO and KG.

Aggies have some serious star power with Johnny 8 ball, Looch, the world famous corps, and the spirit of Sully.  No comparison, bunch of amateurs up in boulder.