Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

Sounds worse than the Mormon ones for BYU

im sure nothing gets a high school class of 2024 guy fired up like Jon Heder.

Napolean Dynamite came out in 2004, the same year many of them were born.

ive googled and try to figure out who Will Jensen is but haven't had any luck.

Alex Boye has the single funniest line i may have ever seen in a wikipedia article. no knowledge of the civil war?!

When the lead actor portraying Frederick Douglass in the Rodgers Memorial Theatre's production of Frank Wildhorn's Civil War dropped out three weeks before the play opened, Boyé was recruited as a replacement. With no prior acting experience and no knowledge of the Civil War, he learned his lines and united the cast.

JTM stands for "James the Mormon" and is a rapper. his last album came out in 2018, his domain is currently for sale and per wiki he was last active as a rapper in 2019.

i thought that Jon Heder didn't move the needle for a class of 2024 guy but we have the trifecta here of people who will generate this reaction from high schoolers

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

DAVID ARCHULETA?

THE TWILIGHT LADY?

GLEN BECK?

this is comical.

the concept - sure. make it happen. bring in BYU legends. make gameday a thing (don't they not tailgate like at all there?) - this is all good but it isn't going to move the needle.

evidently like 85% of the team are actual mormons so leaning into it may help some there but those aren't exactly the most outgoing folks - can you imagine ESPN doing a sideline interview with a white LDS rapper named "James the Mormon"???

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The outcome for the aggies this weekend is going to have an impact on them, Texas, LSU, OU, and numerous other players. Fisher decided that this game was going to be the event in which he pushed all of his chips on on recruiting, and it looks he and his team started building towards that after Texas beat Bama. He's rallied the money in support due to fear of their program being trapped in The Recruitocosm.

If Bama wins a close one, Fisher will treat it like a victory. That's already the way he's framing it to recruits. "Close game, could go either way, but we expect to win. We're going to punch Bama in the face and show them it's our house."

If ATM wins, they're going to cash in big on the trail.

If Bama beats ATM handily, Fisher's regime is in deep shit. It gets ugly for ATM in recruiting if Bama takes the crowd out of the game early.

This has already happened twice and both times, it has paid off for Fisher.

They lost a close one to Clemson in 2018 and had a very big recruiting weekend. Fisher treated the loss like a victory and sold the future to recruits while eating Herman's lunch in-state with that class (2019), including getting a big commitment from 2020 5 star Demas (I don't give a shit what happened in college, they signed the guy).

ATM also did this in 2021 when they beat Bama at home. They were on the brink of going backwards heading into that weekend and then leveraged the outcome and giant bags of cash into signing the 2022 class. 

ATM is currently trying to do the same thing they did in 2021 by resetting the market on recruits. Don't kid yourselves, they're about to surge if they win or lose in a tight game. Here's hoping that Fisher's massive gambit flops. 

They were slow-paying at one point, but that obviously got cleared up. 

So we are pinning all of our hopes on Jalen Milroe?

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The outcome for the aggies this weekend is going to have an impact on them, Texas, LSU, OU, and numerous other players. Fisher decided that this game was going to be the event in which he pushed all of his chips on on recruiting, and it looks he and his team started building towards that after Texas beat Bama. He's rallied the money in support due to fear of their program being trapped in The Recruitocosm.

If Bama wins a close one, Fisher will treat it like a victory. That's already the way he's framing it to recruits. "Close game, could go either way, but we expect to win. We're going to punch Bama in the face and show them it's our house."

If Bama beats ATM handily, Fisher's regime is in deep shit. It gets ugly for ATM in recruiting if Bama takes the crowd out of the game early.

They lost a close one to Clemson in 2018 and had a very big recruiting weekend. Fisher treated the loss like a victory and sold the future to recruits while eating Herman's lunch in-state with that class (2019), including getting a big commitment from 2020 5 star Demas (I don't give a shit what happened in college, they signed the guy).

ATM also did this in 2021 when they beat Bama at home. They were on the brink of going backwards heading into that weekend and then leveraged the outcome and giant bags of cash into signing the 2022 class. 

ATM is currently trying to do the same thing they did in 2021 by resetting the market on recruits. Don't kid yourselves, they're about to surge if they win or lose in a tight game. Here's hoping that Fisher's massive gambit flops. 

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So we are pinning all of our hopes on Jalen Milroe?

That's a grim reality.

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So bags will beat bankrolls if they have a close game or win?

It should come as no surprise, I guess, that you still don't understand the concept of NIL versus bags. 

I Dont Arrested Development GIF

Nowhere in my post did I say that aggies were dropping bags in this cycle. 

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

For once (and put this in the blind squirrel and nut category), this actually seems like a good gamble. Bama is obviously vulnerable by Bama standards this year, and A&M isn't as terrible as last year. Even if Bama wins, it's hard to imagine it getting too out of hand with their offensive limitations.

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That's a grim reality.

It should come as no surprise, I guess, that you still don't understand the concept of NIL versus bags. 

I Dont Arrested Development GIF

Nowhere in my post did I say that aggies were dropping bags in this cycle. 

It was a facetious comment.

Out of curiosity....how are they able to weaponize their NIL so effectively to just buy up? Just the extreme overpayment?

Momentum is a fickle thing.  A win over Bama (or OU) isn't worth much if you shit the bed later.  Slow and steady wins the race.  

They key for us is to integrate Manning into the lineup as soon as practical (ie next year)  He is a generational talent and keeping him in the fold is paramount.  We need to destroy some of these shitty B12 teams in the back half and get him some snaps in a few games.  

I don't believe it will feel the same way as those other two big weekends in the past that CTJ describes. It's a third piece of theater saying that they're just about to turn the corner. That message has to be getting a little stale for recruits who can easily recall last year's debacle.

Further, I don't think it's crazy to believe that the lustre of a close loss or win over the Tide is not diminished this year. If A&M beats Bama, they will still be second to us in doing so.

That's just my distant, ill-informed opinion about the importance of the game. I have no idea of how much money it takes to make great players believe they can get some nice cash and play at the highest level. There is also the variable of A&M losing to Mississippi and Tennessee and maybe LSU. Does the Alabama win still make it look like them dear ol' Texas Aggies from Texas are on the brink of greatness?

Just speculating. I know CTJ is far more plugged in.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It was a facetious comment.

Out of curiosity....how are they able to weaponize their NIL so effectively to just buy up? Just the extreme overpayment?

You only need a few major benefactors desperate to see titles to make any of it work. Bags are kind of meaningless these days compared to the money that players can make on campus across all kinds of levels and over a longer period of time.

They don't have much corporate help organically, but you only need a few guys that will pay $25K a month to get an autographed jersey or football to be effective. For the benefactor, in some ways, there's more to gain in NIL. You can delay total payout and actually get shit in return that tangibly has some value, even if just to you and yours.

8 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Hell, he could probably even spin a blowout if they are in a close game at half, lose Johnson late 2nd/early 3rd, Bama pulls away for a 38-16ish snooze-fest. 

But Jimber points to the first half aggy pluck and keeping it close with his 3rd string QB.  FUPM, Whoop!  

I don't think that will work. There is deeeeep skepticism in the recruiting world about Fisher's regime. They've already had to get desperate to move the needle in this cycle back to relevance. If they get worked this weekend and the crowd is out of it, there's no spinning "it was close early".

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Momentum is a fickle thing.  A win over Bama (or OU) isn't worth much if you shit the bed later.  Slow and steady wins the race.  

They key for us is to integrate Manning into the lineup as soon as practical (ie next year)  He is a generational talent and keeping him in the fold is paramount.  We need to destroy some of these shitty B12 teams in the back half and get him some snaps in a few games.  

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't believe it will feel the same way as those other two big weekends in the past that CTJ describes. It's a third piece of theater saying that they're just about to turn the corner. That message has to be getting a little stale for recruits who can easily recall last year's debacle.

Further, I don't think it's crazy to believe that the lustre of a close loss or win over the Tide is not diminished this year. If A&M beats Bama, they will still be second to us in doing so.

That's just my distant, ill-informed opinion about the importance of the game. I have no idea of how much money it takes to make great players believe they can get some nice cash and play at the highest level. There is also the variable of A&M losing to Mississippi and Tennessee and maybe LSU. Does the Alabama win still make it look like them dear ol' Texas Aggies from Texas are on the brink of greatness?

Just speculating. I know CTJ is far more plugged in.

The recruits are one variable here. The other is the base. Recruits don't have to buy-in nearly as much as the backers. Lose to Ole Miss later? Hey, we still beat Bama! We're moving on up and they're on their way down! Have enough monetary energy behind that belief system and recruits will follow. It's all outlandish, and wholly unsustainable, but those are foundational character traits of the ATM way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Worth noting that Milroe beat aggy last year with ~200 yds of total offense and 3 tds and they weren't calling the deep ball for him then, just those long crossing routes. 

Watching aggy still gives me the impression that they have no idea wtf their role in scheme is, but can make up for it with situational try hard's. I don't think that beats Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, blutow said:

McElroy's reaction here is priceless (about 2 minutes in) - 

Nuno - "I don't think Texas has the same level of defense"

McElroy "As A&M?" (thinking Nuno must be comparing Texas to Alabama or some other reasonable comparison)

Nuno "Yeah" (without hesitation, it's not a lie if you believe it I guess).      

That is fucking hilarious. They've beaten two absolutely terrible teams that happen to be in the SEC and now aggies everywhere are proclaiming that the Wrecking Crew is back, baby! That dipshit is all-in on the idea that ATM has a great defense.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, blutow said:

McElroy "As A&M?" (thinking Nuno must be comparing Texas to Alabama or some other reasonable comparison)

Holy fuck, what a dumbass. 

“In SEC play…”

They’ve played fucking Auburn and Arkansas. It’s not like they were lighting up the world on offense before A&am rolled in. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

“In SEC play…”

They’ve played fucking Auburn and Arkansas. It’s not like they were lighting up the world on offense before A&am rolled in. 

But Auburn played UGA close and Arkansas played LSU close. QED Auburn is almost as good as UGA and Arkansas is almost as good as LSU. Therefore A&M is actually better than UGA and LSU.

WHOOP!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

“In SEC play…”

A team their own coach is pitching as terrible to recruits and a three loss Arkansas that dropped one at home to the fighting Glenn Becks. Drop in aggy giving up 375 to TVD and these three things clearly spell "better than Texas". 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What about the scenario where aggy beats Bama, then gets their shit pushed in the following three weeks?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think a Bama “blowout” in this game would look something like 17-6. Which I’m sure Jimbo could spin. “One more stop, one more first down and aggy would have tied the game.”

It’s a brilliant recruiting strategy. Freeze should do exactly the same thing when Auburn hosts Bama.

I think Bama beats aggy, but I’m not sure they have the horses/mentality to annihilate them. They usually play down to aggy, and their offense is completely dependent on Milroe long runs/throws. They’ll need a kick return or a defensive TD to blow it open. 

At least Bama already has a loss so everyone in the program understands their margin of error is zero. 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No to Johnson getting hurt. I want no excuses, just a physical ass beating that has echos for them the following week. 

Oh, bullshit. Excuses are what gets the Aggies to keep Fisher longer while recruits choose other programs. Give them all the excuses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

2 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

For once (and put this in the blind squirrel and nut category), this actually seems like a good gamble. Bama is obviously vulnerable by Bama standards this year, and A&M isn't as terrible as last year. Even if Bama wins, it's hard to imagine it getting too out of hand with their offensive limitations.

Not really much of a gamble for Jimbo personally. He loses and they fire him, he still gets about $75 million in buyout money.  Why not push all those monopoly money chips into the center of the table?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blutow said:

Forgot the best part...

Greg: home cooking.

And then reminds him that Miami torched aggy

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, blutow said:

Texas A&M, ladies and gentlemen!

Seriously, this is why the rollercoaster meme works. They are fucking idiots who cannot avoid touching themselves after beating a JUCO team.

• Hook 'Em 3