2020 World Series - Dodgers vs Rays

CowtownHorn

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:
4 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:
Turner has already been around them all day, so who cares at this point? He should just put on a Bobby Valentine disguise and party with them anyways.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

What would have MLB done if TB had won this. The whole LA team would need to be quarantined for how long?

Covered it up

• Like 1

So clearly the cheating Dodgers sat on the Justin Turner test until Snell was out and they had taken the lead in the elimination game.  Hoist that asterisk.

(Calculated using the Dodgers Fans-Jomboy Reasoning Method.  Now let's peer review using the Astros Fans Method:)

What did Manfred know and when did he delay it?  Did he order the Rays to pull Snell?

Edited by clapclapclap
#ArlingtonLaptopRepairShop

So clearly the cheating Dodgers sat on the Justin Turner test until Snell was out and they had taken the lead in the elimination game.  Hoist that asterisk.
(Calculated using the Dodgers Fans-Jomboy Reasoning Method.  Now let's peer review using the Astros Fans Method:)
What did Manfred know and when did he delay it?  Did he order the Rays to pull Snell?
Lot of people getting hit in the head with hammers tonight...

1 minute ago, Dr Fear said:
6 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Lot of people getting hit in the head with hammers tonight...

In Philly

• Like 1

With all the talk about how dominant Snell was and the stupidity of pulling him, let’s not lose sight of the fact the Dodgers pitchers held the Rays to 1 run and shut them down from the 2nd inning onward. Scoring 1 run is not enough to beat this Dodgers team. Unless anyone expected Snell to pitch a 9 inning shutout (which would be the first time all season the Dodgers got shutout), the Dodgers were going to get their pound of flesh eventually. Still pretty stupid for Cash to hand it to them that quickly, but sticking with Snell wasn’t magically a Rays win. Their bats did nothing to help Snell or themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

With all the talk about how dominant Snell was and the stupidity of pulling him, let’s not lose sight of the fact the Dodgers pitchers held the Rays to 1 run and shut them down from the 2nd inning onward. Scoring 1 run is not enough to beat this Dodgers team. Unless anyone expected Snell to pitch a 9 inning shutout (which would be the first time all season the Dodgers got shutout), the Dodgers were going to get their pound of flesh eventually. Still pretty stupid for Cash to hand it to them that quickly, but sticking with Snell wasn’t magically a Rays win. Their bats did nothing to help Snell or themselves.

Agreed. That’s as good of a bullpen game I’ve seen. No turtle heading. Lots of strikes. Aggressive approach. 

and Urias is a fucking gift. Totally emotionless and rock solid. Really glad he was allowed to finish it off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You know one of the things I really love about baseball?  The game is not over until that 27th out.  Other sports it’s all but over with a minute or two left a lot of the time and people start celebrating with time on the clock.  No one celebrates shit in baseball until that last out is recorded, because, well, anything can happen.  The tension is there until the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

So the Dodgers played a COVID positive player?

COVID? The disease that has killed over 200,000 Americans.

But trash cans bad.

I didn’t realize fucking Vin Scully or any other elderly people with pre existing conditions played for the dodgers. Jesus fucking Christ. Shut up. You look like a insecure clown. “But why don’t you talk about them like you talk about us. They’re bad too!!” Shut up lol

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I didn’t realize fucking Vin Scully or any other elderly people with pre existing conditions played for the dodgers. Jesus fucking Christ. Shut up. You look like a insecure clown. “But why don’t you talk about them like you talk about us. They’re bad too!!” Shut up lol

Lighten up, Francis. It was a joke.

How does MLB have a testing protocol that allows a player to get 7 innings into a game before notification of a positive test? The NFL/NBA have all test results back league wide mid morning, but MLB can’t get the results from two teams before they go to the ballpark for the day much less a 7 PM or so start time. That’s just stupid. What happens if the Rays win that game last night?

Urias came up huge this postseason for the Dodgers. He pitched the highest leverage/stress positions in the biggest games and was absolutely lights out in them. So many other guys fold in that type situation and he just racked up K’s.

• Hook 'Em 1

Congratulations SBBruin and other Dodger fans.

FWIW, I don't give a rip about the Turner deal.  That's just folks looking for an excuse to bitch.

For my earlier shots at Kershaw's PO results, I'm still happy for the Texas boy to have this on his resume. His two starts in this WS were stellar.  Happy for Josh Bard too.

Enjoy your championship.  Your team earned it.

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Are you Tom Herman? Is momentum just not a thing?

35 minutes ago, slorch said:

Congratulations SBBruin and other Dodger fans.

FWIW, I don't give a rip about the Turner deal.  That's just folks looking for an excuse to bitch.

For my earlier shots at Kershaw's PO results, I'm still happy for the Texas boy to have this on his resume. His two starts in this WS were stellar.  Happy for Josh Bard too.

Enjoy your championship.  Your team earned it.

I’m really excited for Kershaw, and Joe Kelly.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1