Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Once again revealing yourself as a selfish shitbag. Well done. 

Not really. I’d prefer taxes be much more equitable, and additionally believe people should educate themselves enough to know where it’s best for them to live.  If it’s worth it for a custodial engineer to move to Cali because of tax rates, good for them to earlier that and follow their dream of cleaning shit there.

A board full of college educated professionals with enough free time to post at will happens to trend towards the top of the list, news at 9. Also, 1% to middle 60%?  Well done, Mr. clickbait chart.  

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Not really. I’d prefer taxes be much more equitable, and additionally believe people should educate themselves enough to know where it’s best for them to live.  If it’s worth it for a custodial engineer to move to Cali because of tax rates, good for them to earlier that and follow their dream of cleaning shit there.

A board full of college educated professionals with enough free time to post at will happens to trend towards the top of the list, news at 9. Also, 1% to middle 60%?  Well done, Mr. clickbait chart.  

IMG_9282.gif

• Haha 1

Where I grew up in Texas, the time and place, almost everyone did their own handy work.  Their were illegal immigrants around, but they weren't doing any work that white people/ black people, etc didn't also do...Mostly teenagers/ 20 and 30 year olds that grew up around my hometown did the real grunt work on ranches and in the oil field...I made money for college doing all kinds of manual labor jobs from working in the oilfield, welding, framing houses/ barns, painting,  hauling hay, working cattle, etc...
You could be right, the whole world might collapse without the cheap  labor,  but it didn't back then and there was way less people in the country illegally in the 70's and 80s..
Anyway, I didn't imply we don't need those kinds of manual labor workers here in the US, what I said was immigration needs to be controlled and maintained in the country by us, our government..Way better than it is now.
I couldn't or maybe don't know to get away with paying an undocumented immigrant to do major work with insurance money on any of the houses i've owned.  They always asked for licensed contractor everywhere I've owned a house.

As to your last comment, have you ever considered that the licensed contractors might be using undocumented labor?
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

If it’s worth it for a custodial engineer to move to Cali because of tax rates, good for them to earlier that and follow their dream of cleaning shit there.

Man I get it that this is Surly and we all say edgy shit we probably wouldn’t repeat to every audience, but this sounds like a serious statement you meant from the heart.  You are a garbage human being.  Let me guess, you claim to be Christian as well?   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

So you're in the All Tax Returns Should Be Public Information Club. Welcome aboard. We have 2 members. You're vice-president.

I’ll go even further; no need for that.  You are an American that uses public?  Here is your bill.  Same as your neighbors bill.  Same as some guy you’ll never meet in some other states bill. High achiever, meet can’t get right.  Y’all have equal rights in the US, here’s your equal bill.  This is what it cost to govern all the equal citizens, split between equal citizens.   I don’t really care what the # is. 

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Man I get it that this is Surly and we all say edgy shit we probably wouldn’t repeat to every audience, but this sounds like a serious statement you meant from the heart.  You are a garbage human being.  Let me guess, you claim to be Christian as well?   

I remember my first time reading a fatty post.

I'll say this, he is without a doubt the most intellectually consistent and honest Republican on this board. Most of them try to justify the same sentiments with softer language under various performative guises. Fatty gets to the point; I may find said point illogical or morally lacking a lot of the time but I respect the candidness to a degree.

On 1/28/2024 at 9:50 AM, fattyflattie said:

I’ll go even further; no need for that.  You are an American that uses public?  Here is your bill.  Same as your neighbors bill.  Same as some guy you’ll never meet in some other states bill. High achiever, meet can’t get right.  Y’all have equal rights in the US, here’s your equal bill.  This is what it cost to govern all the equal citizens, split between equal citizens.   I don’t really care what the # is. 

The number would be $20k per person. Family of 4 that would be $80k for last year.  Keep in mind that is just your federal amount. Keep paying you state and local too please.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The number would be $20k per person. Family of 4 that would be $80k for last year.  Keep in mind that is just your federal amount. Keep paying you state and local too please.

Question:  Can I pay the $20,000 with yard work?

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Ok, now we’re getting somewhere. So let’s make some cuts if we need to get that # down.  Military, I’m sure would be at the top on many lists here?   Similar amount of social programs to balance that out.  Lots of places chock full of bloat thatwe could scale down.  So we can actually be equal as Americans, instead of just talking about it.  

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ok, now we’re getting somewhere. So let’s make some cuts if we need to get that # down.  Military, I’m sure would be at the top on many lists here?   Similar amount of social programs to balance that out.  Lots of places chock full of bloat thatwe could scale down.  So we can actually be equal as Americans, instead of just talking about it.  

If everyone is equal, why do we need any of those programs? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

LO-fucking-L.  So someone shows you with very simple arithmetic how much every single person's tax burden would be if we had a flat tax, and it's shocking, so suddenly you're on an austerity track?

Never change, dude.  You're so predictable.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

So the Abbott-Paxton-Cruz aligned candidate lost to Dade Phelan's candidate.

That does not bode well for their attempts to further MAGAfy the Texas House with all the primaries setting up in March as revenge for the Paxton impeachment.  Or Trump endorsing someone to challenge Dade.

Continue, the Texas GOP Civil War will. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So the Abbott-Paxton-Cruz aligned candidate lost to Dade Phelan's candidate.

That does not bode well for their attempts to further MAGAfy the Texas House with all the primaries setting up in March as revenge for the Paxton impeachment.  Or Trump endorsing someone to challenge Dade.

Continue, the Texas GOP Civil War will. 

Unfortunately, Dutton also apparently supports vouchers but is maybe slightly more moderate. But the other guy is definitely more MAGA, where no election is a fair one if they lose.

In his own statement, Money accused Dutton of turning out Democrats to "steal this seat" and said he trusted that Republicans would "turn out in droves in March" to help him win. He also noted Dutton had a large fundraising advantage throughout the race.

The contest served as a testing ground for the intraparty struggle that escalated after the House impeached Paxton for abuse of office last year — and the Senate acquitted him after a trial months later. The runoff was also the first electoral snapshot of Abbott’s political strength since he set out to build a House GOP majority that is more favorable to school vouchers.

While Paxton and Abbott backed Money, Dutton had the support of allies of House Speaker Dade Phelan, R-Beaumont — like Texans for Lawsuit Reform — and former Gov. Rick Perry. Money also had the backing of the far-right political universe that came under fire in October after one of its key operatives, Jonathan Stickland, hosted white supremacist Nick Fuentes at his office.

The runoff was contentious. Dutton ran radio ads saying Money lied about getting most of his money from a “disgraced PAC with neo-Nazi affiliations,” a reference to the group that Stickland led. Defend Texas Liberty continued to attack Dutton on Money’s behalf, claiming she raised property taxes as a school board member.

When it came to the main issue for Abbott — school vouchers — both candidates voiced support for his agenda. But Dutton had been less supportive of the idea in the past, and she has used the runoff to appeal to educators over Money’s flirtation with overhauling the state’s teacher retirement system.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/01/30/brent-money-jill-dutton-texas-house-district-2/

At the end of the day, it was still Abbott-Paxton-Cruz vs. Phelan.

And Phelan won. 

Dutton is going to owe her seat to Phelan if/when vouchers come up again.  Just saying.

• Hook 'Em 2

Looks like Dutton won by ~100 votes. Unfortunately, I see Money winning the primary in March given that these results were district wide versus Republican only voters.

On 1/30/2024 at 10:13 AM, fattyflattie said:

Let’s tax the hell out of guns and ammo to help offset the cost as well. If that means not as many people will be able to stock up like the end of the world is coming well then so be it. And if that also happens to reduce gun violence in the process well the win fucking win. I like this creative brainstorming exercise!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Let’s tax the hell out of guns and ammo to help offset the cost as well. If that means not as many people will be able to stock up like the end of the world is coming well then so be it. And if that also happens to reduce gun violence in the process well the win fucking win. I like this creative brainstorming exercise!

Sir, you'll get the status quo and you'll like continue to cry about it.  

America has spoken.  I'm sorry that my fuckoff hobby is apparently more important than your thoughts on the matter.  Womp.  Womp.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I thought he hated moochers.

Always reminds me of workswithseed bitching about that stuff and then asking us to gofund his wedding or whatever 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Sir, you'll get the status quo and you'll like continue to cry about it.  

America has spoken.  I'm sorry that my fuckoff hobby is apparently more important than your thoughts on the matter.  Womp.  Womp.  

You know damn well “America” hasn’t spoken on this issue. A bunch of spineless pussies refuse to do the right thing even though the majority of Americans support change. Your track record on the issue and willingness to trade the blood of school children for continued unfettered access to guns and ammo is well established so I’m done conversing with you on the subject. Nevertheless, it’s important to point out pieces of shit like you for what they are when the opportunity presents.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 1/27/2024 at 10:10 AM, fattyflattie said:

Didn’t Abbott and the GOP just outlaw equity in Texas?

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Always reminds me of workswithseed bitching about that stuff and then asking us to gofund his wedding or whatever 

Lol wut. I’ve never asked for any handouts.  I think if Americans are “equal”, we should all have “equal” skin in the game.  But, the can’t get rights need their neighbors to feed and home them, pay for their loans, and who know what else.  Can’t imagine what’s it’s like living with that embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

You know damn well “America” hasn’t spoken on this issue

Huh. I could have sworn it’s gotten nothing but easier for the gun owner in America.  Bruen either was or wasnt a setback. You have to pick one.  

• Fuck You 1

On 1/30/2024 at 9:13 AM, fattyflattie said:

Can't afford an $80k tax bill, eh?  I'd welcome the tax cut personally.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Can't afford an $80k tax bill, eh?  I'd welcome the tax cut personally.

Eh, wouldnt be ideal. But half our population can’t afford any, apparently,  and if we’re going to keep them in society for whatever reason, I’d rather them actually participate in the part they currently don’t. A far cry from their usual lot of just taking taking taking, may be a good time for actual contribution.  I know, regressive taxes affect them sO mUcH MoRe!!!1!  

American by birth but without participation is no way to go thru life. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Eh, wouldnt be ideal. But half our population can’t afford any, apparently,  and if we’re going to keep them in society for whatever reason, I’d rather them actually participate in the part they currently don’t. A far cry from their usual lot of just taking taking taking, may be a good time for actual contribution.  I know, regressive taxes affect them sO mUcH MoRe!!!1!  

American by birth but without participation is no way to go thru life. 

Yeah, who wants a functioning society, right?  Those moochers can fuck all the way off as soon as they pop out of their mom.  But we'll make sure to force mom to have the baby, right?

On 1/28/2024 at 6:35 AM, scottsins said:

As to your last comment, have you ever considered that the licensed contractors might be using undocumented labor?

Maybe they do, but they still charge an arm and a leg no matter, at least where I have owned homes in the last 10 years.  Spent 20,000 dollars on a roof replacement, and almost 20,000 dollars having A/C replaced on last house I owned...

10 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, who wants a functioning society, right?  Those moochers can fuck all the way off as soon as they pop out of their mom.  But we'll make sure to force mom to have the baby, right?

Paying taxes is not part of a functioning society? This country has been about equality since jump street…except when it’s convenient not to.  

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Paying taxes is not part of a functioning society? This country has been about equality since jump street…except when it’s convenient not to.  

The reality is that many cannot pay their fair share.  So instead of looking at things how you want them to be, you can start there instead.  Figure out what kind of society you want to live in.  

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Either that's a very non-standard roof, a very large roof, or you got ripped off big-time.

That was what I was quoted by 4 different companies in the area. It was just a standard tile roof, on almost 1,900 square foot house....With a big back porch that got reshingled also.

Edited by Azbadlands