Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

On 3/14/2024 at 8:55 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Abbott:  George Soros gave a WHOPPING 2.1 million in "BIG MONEY out-of-state" dollars to make Texas a liberal paradise.

Also Abbott: I took six million dollars from Pennsylvanian Jeff Yass to fund a harmful school voucher campaign that will close rural Texas schools.

Shameless and shameful.

image_2024-03-14_085523140.thumb.png.1dcdc824788e90b25dac595132d0f7ff.png

A liberal paradise sounds fucking amazing.  Especially compared to what we've got now

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

And this just goes to show, there's always a worse alternative the right wants to line up for us 

I’m from the future.  Be careful what you say about the future Administrator of the Texas Oblast, Stephen Miller. In 2025, the Texas Duma (what you olds think of as the Texas Legislature) made it a crime to criticize our Glorious Leadership.

• Like 1

Don't forget Liz Carpenter.

https://www.chron.com/opinion/editorials/article/the-funny-feminist-liz-carpenter-knew-how-to-1708575.php

The funny feminist: Liz Carpenter knew how to wield a joke
March 25, 2010
Speaking to University of Texas students, Liz Carpenter once described how, after graduating from UT in 1942, she headed straight to Washington, D.C.: “I had my journalism degree and my virtue still intact.” She paused: “I still have my journalism degree.”

Carpenter, who was 89 when she died Saturday, would approve of a tribute that began like that. “Start funny,” she advised would-be speechwriters, drawing on her own experience in the Johnson White House. (Lyndon, she'd clarify. Not Andrew.)

Like her friends Molly Ivins and Ann Richards, she used humor as a tool, a way to charm people who disagreed.

People like her boss. “Why don't you use your head?” Johnson once yelled at her. She yelled back: “I'm too busy trying to get you to use yours!”

But Carpenter wasn't just funny. As LBJ's executive assistant, she traveled with him to Dallas in 1963 and was a few cars behind President Kennedy when the shots rang out. A police car hustled her to the airport to board Air Force One — the plane that would carry JFK's body home to Washington, the plane on which LBJ would take the oath of office. In that police car, she scribbled the simplest, most serious speech of her life.

“I will do my best,” the new president told the nation after the plane landed. “I ask for your help — and God's.”

Eventually, laughter returned to the world. In the '70s, campaigning for the Equal Rights Amendment, Carpenter was the funniest of the feminists. “I personally am going to go to that Great Precinct Meeting in the Sky kicking and screaming if I'm not in the Constitution of the country that I worked for, paid taxes to, tried to be a total thinking citizen in,” she wrote.

She lost that fight. But she moved on, and when we picture her at that Great Precinct Meeting, she's not kicking and screaming. She's cracking jokes, working the room, using her head — or at least, busy trying to get heaven's powerful to use their own.

March 25, 2010

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

csb/ My college roommate's maternal grandmother was Liz Carpenter.  I got to meet her a couple of times.  I was, admittedly not aware of her legacy.  But my former roommate would look after her house in deep South Austin.  So before the Colorado Big XII title game in 2005, he and I hatched this scheme to make a banner of the Longhorn logo with a Rose in its snout.  My buddy was a pretty good artist so he painted it up and I went to pick it up since he couldn't make it to the game.  If you watch the replay of the game, you can see us unfurl it towards the end of the fourth quarter from the top level (Hate was there).   So he's in the back cleaning her pool and he shows it to me and we're shooting the breeze.  And Liz comes out and says something like "Oh, that's nice boys.  What a fun idea.  Don't worry about the pool, worry about beating the shit outta Colorado."  The Robbs I know in Texas still speak of her very fondly.  /csb

What we were talking about?  Oh yeah, $1300 bus tickets.  A thing that we started.  For no apparent reason.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Jesus H. Christ - this bumbling, fat fuck is the perfect spokesperson for SB4 - it was obviously as well thought out as it seemed.  It's a fucking splendid idea for the USSC to let this sort of shit ride through, clearly encroaching on federal authority, just because the state GQP screams "INVASION!1!!1" / "EMERGENCY!11!"  At least the 5th Circuit stepped back in, but what the actual fuck?

If you actually wanted to curb illegal immigration, you would have severe penalties for corporations that hire illegal aliens. But they don't care about illegal immigration as a problem to be solved. They care about it as a problem to be exploited.

• Hook 'Em 9

23 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

If you actually wanted to curb illegal immigration, you would have severe penalties for corporations that hire illegal aliens. But they don't care about illegal immigration as a problem to be solved. They care about it as a problem to be exploited.

Not to mention this doesn't apply to all the undocumented housekeepers/nannies/lawn workers these people use/employ (wink, wink).

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Jesus H. Christ - this bumbling, fat fuck is the perfect spokesperson for SB4 - it was obviously as well thought out as it seemed.  It's a fucking splendid idea for the USSC to let this sort of shit ride through, clearly encroaching on federal authority, just because the state GQP screams "INVASION!1!!1" / "EMERGENCY!11!"  At least the 5th Circuit stepped back in, but what the actual fuck?

This fat fuck? Yeah, that fat fuck.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 9.40.31 AM.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Ah, yes, the guy whose company is better at disaster readiness and response than the state and federal governments. Definitely a guy you should fuck with.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay.  Happy Easter Weekend everybody.  But we're watching our government pick a fight with a grocery store that actually isn't really open this weekend despite their Christian business model.  But we don't live in a simulation?  See all y'all fuckers at the bottom.  Holy shit.  Where's the tylenol?  

32 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Oh this is because Tim Dunn hates public school and the Butts have been lifelong supporters of public school.

Don't forget Pennsylvania billionaire Jeff Yass, he's made Abbott his pet bitch by throwing money at him to move to vouchers

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Smax said:

Don't forget Pennsylvania billionaire Jeff Yass, he's made Abbott his pet bitch by throwing money at him to move to vouchers

The George Soros hate is all projection

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh shit, HEB is woke or DEI or whatever bullshit term is being thrown around these days

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Fascists 

The Texas GOP is nothing but a bunch of fucking cowards and snowflakes.  They get offended over every little fucking thing, and it’s fitting that Dan Patrick, a fake-ass wannabe cowboy is basically their leader.

I don’t know when the wussification of Texas Republicans happened but holy shit it’s gotten worse.

BonnieArbittier_donald_trump_president_t

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, South Austin said:

"Why don't you put your foot down and show some backbone by standing with your fellow Texans instead of running from the real issues?"

He has never run from an issue. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

"Why don't you put your foot down and show some backbone by standing with your fellow Texans instead of running from the real issues?"

This is like suggesting Ted Cruz not be an asshole.