Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

45 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You think whole industries asked to shut down for hot afternoons and the rate payers picking up the tab because our grid is failing by design is doing fine? You think turning down free money from the feds to pay for middle class families to get healthcare is doing fine? Crumbling roads and leaky dams? Fine?

I think you mean you personally are doing fine. And you probably are. Reflect on that when 30 years of rewarding failure catches up to you, I guess. 

I think it is better than the host of bullshit that will come along with Mr. Sincerity, yes.  He can go play political puppeteer for his in-laws elsewhere, and get fucked for all I care. 

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

@fattyflattie

Do you not find it disturbing that fucking Rick Perry, barely graduating with a degree in animal husbandry from Texas Agricultural and Mechanics University, was more forward thinking and seemingly competent than Greg Abbott, who has a degree from UT Austin, and a law degree from Vanderbilt?

While the corndog deepthroat aggy wasn’t the brightest, he had the same aspirations of the mighty Beto. To be the president.  He was born for it, just ask him. All the hopes and passionate sweaty soap box speeches doesn’t mean shit.  Dude is a fucking slimeball with flavor of the month policy ideas.  I can sit here and talk about all the awesome things I’d do too, it’s one of the perks of not actually being in the seat.  

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The fact that he didn’t fix those things 10 or 15 years ago says either that he’s fucking incompetent, or that he’s the consummate political puppet who only uses those things for votes and donations.  Or both.

Uh, yeah.  Everyone on this site knows why the border isn’t secured.  If you think your boy will “fix” that situation, I don’t know what to say.  And going full on open it up because “I’m one of you, look at my nickname” isn’t a fix.  

Personally, I think he’ll win.  It’s going to suck, but I believe he’ll fail so bad it’ll stem the purple talk for another 15 years.  This next decade is going to shape the country for the next 50 years.  

• Fuck You 9

Why has Texas had Republican led open borders for 20 years? Please tell. None of the other 14 border states with Mexico and Canada, or Florida with Cuba has been this way.

Why can’t Texas Republicans do something, anything to fix?

Edited by StassneyHorn

14 minutes ago, YChang said:

Fatty what are you so afraid of?

With Beto?  I’m not afraid of anything. One, thing I very much don’t like is that he’s vowed to remove well into 5 figures of my property. Second, I find him insufferable and disingenuous.  It’s easy af to pick apart real issues and claim you are the answer. It’s another to actually solve them. I believe his actual abilities end at campaigning.  

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

With Beto?  I’m not afraid of anything. One, thing I very much don’t like is that he’s vowed to remove well into 5 figures of my property. Second, I find him insufferable and disingenuous.  It’s easy af to pick apart real issues and claim you are the answer. It’s another to actually solve them. I believe his actual abilities end at campaigning.  

You have over $10k in assault rifles? 

• Like 2

You own 5 figures worth of AR-15’s?
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

With Beto?  I’m not afraid of anything. One, thing I very much don’t like is that he’s vowed to remove well into 5 figures of my property. 

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

And going full on open it up because “I’m one of you, look at my nickname” isn’t a fix.  

Conservatism is a mental disorder.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ve added that in last 18 months. But yeah, lots of people have 3-4 different calibers lying around, much less, more.  Contrary to what the news says, they aren’t all $500 rifles.  

More mental disorder

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ve added that in last 18 months. But yeah, lots of people have 3-4 different calibers lying around, much less, more.  Contrary to what the news says, they aren’t all $500 rifles.  

The "news" doesn't typically say that.  The "news" sometimes points out that they can be had that cheap, but as usual, you twist the truth into some more extreme pseudo-reality to further your fucked up agenda.

• Hook 'Em 2

That is psychotic. You should be on a list.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Fatty relaxing with his extended family:

Gun-loving Americans and their firearms collections | The Sunday Times  Magazine | The Sunday Times

Ha. Not exactly. I just don’t buy garbage.  Who knows if he’s actually paid for all that, or if it’s on credit, but what’s on his porch is more $$$ than about 75% of Americans have in the bank.  Think someone said he’s in Austin. Maybe to bought them with a heloc. 

2 minutes ago, YChang said:

Kudos to you though. At least you're honest that you value (at least your persona on this forum) gun ownership above other areas of what it means to live and participate in society. 

2nd, RvW, financial incentive, voting right, criminal reform, immigration.

All popular single issue voter issues.  Glad you’ve decided to pick on mine, but that’s fine.  

19 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

This man thinks Beto is going to win, so he purposefully spent 10k the last 18 months to give Beto a bigger haul when takes his guns.

This was an actual post.

When did I say that? I’ve been in shooting sports and collecting firearms my entire life.  
Lol he might win, he won’t ever get his wish. 

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

When did I say that? I’ve been in shooting sports and collecting firearms my entire life.  
Lol he might win, he won’t ever get his wish. 

You, Yourself posted that broken brain.

Texas Democrats are not going to create a state income tax, and can’t at this point.

Criminal justice reform in this state is done by Democrats, specifically John Whitmire.

Please tell us what you like about Republicans and voting rights. Requiring an ID? That’s it. That they stopped COVID from being a valid reason for absentee voting is laughable.

What immigration plans do you like by Texas republicans? The open border or the wasted money and lives from Operation Lonestar and a defective wall.

What do you enjoy about Texas Republicans telling Texas women if they get raped and pregnant they have to keep it. Or withholding medicine and procedures for abnormal pregnancies.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Answer his question. 

What question? That I think his abilities end at campaigning, I already established that. Or the two decades part?  I don’t know, kept us as one of the most successful economies in the US, and frankly, a bigger and better economy than dozens of countries. We can start with that. 

9 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I answered someone’s question about spending habits that had jack shit to do with that idiot. If he was successful, I’d just move them somewhere they're legal until they are again, or sell them. We’re talking what, 6 or 7 out of many more that don’t fall into his temper tantrum fueled policy. 

42 minutes ago, tigol said:

That is psychotic. You should be on a list.

I should be on a list for participating in shooting sports throughout my life?  Or you just don’t like the prices of quality equipment? Or you just think I shouldn’t have that constitutional right?  If it makes you feel better, I am on a list. Is says I’ve been cleared to own all kinds of really cool shut you wouldn’t like, so long as I can afford it, with some meager tax donations.  

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fatty doesn't care that the republicans are talking about addressing "the trans question" in a way that TOTALLY doesn't mirror nazi rhetoric, nor does he care that his vote has led to pregnant women who are forced to carry miscarried dead fetuses until sepsis for fear of criminalization, nor does he care republicans are stealing public education funds to give to churches under the guise of "school choice".

He only cares that his taxes may go up and he may not have all of his fun pewpew toys to play with. Fuck everyone else who faces negative externalities due to his decisions!

... what's that? Fatty has built his whole livelihood off of ignoring negative externalities as an oilman? Unpossible! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

2nd, RvW, financial incentive, voting right, criminal reform, immigration.

All popular single issue voter issues.  Glad you’ve decided to pick on mine, but that’s fine.  

Ok ok... but yeah except you don't appear to vote in a way that shows you care about these other topics though. At least you internet persona doesn't. (btw I keep saying this... because I get that it's become team v team and hostile in this forum. I hope/want to believe you're as 1-sided as you come off here)

Edited by YChang

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Or the two decades part?  I don’t know, kept us as one of the most successful economies in the US, and frankly, a bigger and better economy than dozens of countries. We can start with that. 

You can thank level-headed sane Republicans like Joe Strauss for that. Sadly, there's not many of his kind in the state house these days. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Ok ok... but yeah except you don't appear to vote in a way that shows you care about these other topics though. At least you internet persona doesn't. 

That list was meant to capture issues that appeal to #bothsides.   There are single issue voters in both parties.  

The loudest voices and up and coming superstar Ds would thanos snap my career and hobbies tomorrow.   Would you do the same if roles were reversed? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The state lege isn’t going to Thanos snap our greatest natural resource.

What’s the saying? When someone tells you who they are, listen?   They traded my vote for others, that’s how this whole thing works.  I think Beto will win. I don’t think he’ll accomplish shit. This board will be here stanning for him the entire time.  Maybe you can trade in your two scoops bit for something like a  #2 whatasized with jalapeños bit.  

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The loudest voices and up and coming superstar Ds would thanos snap my career and hobbies tomorrow.   Would you do the same if roles were reversed? 

Dems aren't gonna kill oil and gas, for fuck's sake.  I promise.  (Now that the Republicans have proven to not be true to their word with Roe v Wade, I understand that you might be skeptical about any promises, though.  "Both sides" are liars, right?)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That list was meant to capture issues that appeal to #bothsides.   There are single issue voters in both parties.  The loudest voices and up and coming superstar Ds would thanos snap my career and hobbies tomorrow.   Would you do the same if roles were reversed? 

Gotcha. And do you see why some of us are feeling that way now? Cause what the GOP in TX is proposing is quite a lot closer to being real and hurting citizens here. While what you state is possible but not probable. After all, TX democrats/liberals ain't quite like what they are in CA or NY. And I don't think they should be lock step in that way either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Gotcha. And do you see why some of us are feeling that way now? Cause what the GOP in TX is proposing is quite a lot closer to being real and hurting citizens here. While what you state is possible but not probable. After all, TX democrats/liberals ain't quite like what they are in CA or NY. And I don't think they should be lock step in that way either. 

My first or second post stated that I can see why some of you (this board, my neighbors, etc) would feel that way.   But I expect everyone outside of the .001% to vote in their interests.  I find it comical that  people expect others not to. 

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

What’s the saying? When someone tells you who they are, listen?   They traded my vote for others, that’s how this whole thing works.  I think Beto will win. I don’t think he’ll accomplish shit. This board will be here stanning for him the entire time.  Maybe you can trade in your two scoops bit for something like a  #2 whatasized with jalapeños bit.  

Jesus Christ, the squad, the Green New Deal whatever bullshit you play up in your head has no influence over 76 potential Texas Democrats in the State House and 16 potential Democrats in the State Senate, along with Beto to cutoff oil and gas overnight.

34 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Texas Democrats are not going to create a state income tax, and can’t at this point.

Criminal justice reform in this state is done by Democrats, specifically John Whitmire.

Please tell us what you like about Republicans and voting rights. Requiring an ID? That’s it. That they stopped COVID from being a valid reason for absentee voting is laughable.

What immigration plans do you like by Texas republicans? The open border or the wasted money and lives from Operation Lonestar and a defective wall.

What do you enjoy about Texas Republicans telling Texas women if they get raped and pregnant they have to keep it. Or withholding medicine and procedures for abnormal pregnancies.

cute. you act like asking him for actual logical explanations of positions on these issues that isn't a regurgitation of right wing talking points, jingoistic slogans designed for stupid people, and outright lies is going to get you answers...bless your heart 😄😜

• Like 1

The criminal justice quip set me off. Show me you pay no fucking attention to the state legislature when you think it’s Republicans leading the way. Or that Dems are gonna bring up some state income tax to offset property taxes, when we just solidified it in the Texas Constitution in 2019.

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If you are a conservative leaning moderate in this state, you should be champing at the bit to vote for Beto and Mike Collier. Texas will have a conservative state house and senate for at least the next decade, but a D governor and Lt governor will at least blunt some of the bullshitery right leaning moderates claim to hate. They aren't going to pass any meaningful gun reform, state income tax, or force you to give your house to immigrants. They will simply act as a speed break on our downhill slide to statewide fascism. 

This is the Mother Fucking Truth!

if Republican policies are responsible for Texas maintaining its status as a leading economy in the world, then shouldn’t Democrats get kudos for maintaining California’s economy as the 5th largest in the world?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Or the two decades part?  I don’t know, kept us as one of the most successful economies in the US, and frankly, a bigger and better economy than dozens of countries. We can start with that.

You must be a huge fan of Gavin Newsom.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4