The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, triplehorn said:

I believe had there been no direct coordination with Russian actors, the Comey letter would have never been written, or produced on the eve of the election Oct. 28th.

The letter was a product of Clinton emails appearing on a laptop owned by Anthony Weiner and in the possession of FBI as evidence in a separate investigation.  How those emails found their way onto that laptop and the timing around their "discovery" and subsequent actions taken appear to have been highly coordinated and timed for maximum impact.

I remember landing at Louis Armstrong airport in NOLA that Friday 10/28/16 and turning on the rental car radio set to right wing talk and by the sound of it thought some kind of national emergency had occurred.  It was the buzz at the conference I attended. 

And there's a fair chance it was a dirty op involving the now apprehended, extradited, and charged Russian hacker Yevgeny Nikulin coordinating with certain US persons. 

The emails appeared on Weiner's laptop because his wife Huma Abedin, part of Clinton's campaign staff, forwarded them to him. I don't see how the Russians could have had anything to do with that. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Hard to tell who is trolling who. "The Russians orchestrated not only the planting of emails to Weiner's private laptop (meaning of course that the Russians had compromised Hillary's server as well as Weiner's laptop), but also the timing of the FBI search warrant execution, as well as the timing of Comey's public disclosures for maximum election interference effect." is some next level shit.

"The Russians orchestrated not only the planting of emails to Weiner's private laptop (meaning of course that the Russians had compromised Hillary's server as well as Weiner's laptop)"     ---> that would be the theory.  Hacking is what hackers do.  Russians, among others, have a long record of doing a lot of hacking, if you haven't noticed.  Hell, Trump publicly asked Russia to hack Clinton.

"The Russians orchestrated...the timing of the FBI search warrant execution"  --->  the FBI executed a search warrant on Weiner's devices on Sept. 26, 2016.  Comey didn't formally tell lawmakers until Oct. 28, under some duress.  So the timing of the revelation wasn't based on the when discovery happened.  It got sat on, only to force it out at the right time (11 days before the election).

"as well as the timing of Comey's public disclosures for maximum election interference effect." ---> Comey didn't publicly disclose it.  Jason Chaffetz immediately leaked it to the public.  Then Chair of House Oversight Committee, Chaffetz ,abruptly resigned in the spring of 2017 to go join FoxNews' pool of talking heads.  Quite the step up !

fun stuff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, gonna have to disagree with this.  Trump would imprison Hillary if he could.  

The DOJ isn’t naming a special prosecutor because there’s no reasonable justification for one.

The FBI has already investigated the shit out of Hillary.  The files are all still there.  Unless they’re just going to replicate the previous investigations, what crime are they even looking for? 

I agree that there is no real case vs Hilary, but I think she interests Trump solely as a boogey(wo)man that can be used to rile up his base.  More than anything else, Trump is the voice and manifestation of the rage felt by the poor white Christian folks — the conservative street.  That rage is his source of political power.  Additionally, all of his options for a defense against the reckoning that is coming his way are dependent on his control of the conservative street.  They are what give him leverage over the rest of the GOP and the rest of the GOP is the only thing that can possibly protect him from the scrutiny he is undergoing.

Anyway, as a “criminal” who got away with it, Hilary is still a source of rage in those people that give Trump his power through their rage.  As a convicted felon paying for her crimes, she’s not.  He would be acting against his self-interest if he were to “bring her to justice”, and if there is one thing Trump is worth a shit at, it’s in serving his self-interest.

10 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Comey didn't publicly disclose it.  Jason Chaffetz immediately leaked it to the public.  Then Chair of House Oversight Committee, Chaffetz ,abruptly resigned in the spring of 2017 to go join FoxNews' pool of talking heads.  Quite the step up !

This part of the story is the most overlooked.

and Chaffetz just came out with a new book!

DjoMRutU0AAgNwF.jpg

Probably ghost written by Konstantin Kilimnik.

/sarcasm 

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Anyway, as a “criminal” who got away with it, Hilary is still a source of rage in those people that give Trump his power through their rage.  As a convicted felon paying for her crimes, she’s not.  He would be acting against his self-interest if he were to “bring her to justice”, and if there is one thing Trump is worth a shit at, it’s in serving his self-interest.

If Trump could perp walk Hillary, he would go from amazing President to GOD almighty in the eyes of his supporters.  He might be able to get re-elected on that.  

Do you even Yanukovych/Ukraine? 

Jailing your opponent is like play #1 in the authoritarian playbook.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Trump could perp walk Hillary, he would go from amazing President to GOD almighty in the eyes of his supporters.  He might be able to get re-elected on that.  

Decent enough point.

58 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The emails appeared on Weiner's laptop because his wife Huma Abedin, part of Clinton's campaign staff, forwarded them to him. I don't see how the Russians could have had anything to do with that. 

That's not what she said. 

"Abedin last year claimed she had no idea why some of her official emails were found on her ex-husband’s laptop, and she did not surrender the computer to State Department investigators when she turned over other government devices to authorities.

Investigators later discovered that days before the 2016 presidential election, Abedin was forwarding sensitive messages to Weiner so he could print them, which led to the FBI reopening a probe into Democratic presidential nominee Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

Republican nominee Donald Trump ran negative campaign ads during the presidential race about Weiner, a former congressman who had resigned in disgrace, after the laptop allegations surfaced."

--> Note once again Trump campaign was focused like a laser in time to amplify it. 

Also, Flynn and Rudy both tipped their hand about knowledge of an October surprise in advance of Comey's letter to Congress.  Of course Flynn is cooperating.  This part of the investigation would interest Comey on a personal level, as do aspects of Trump's probe for obstruction of justice.

Edited by triplehorn

8 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

That's not what she said. 

"Abedin last year claimed she had no idea why some of her official emails were found on her ex-husband’s laptop, and she did not surrender the computer to State Department investigators when she turned over other government devices to authorities.

Investigators later discovered that days before the 2016 presidential election, Abedin was forwarding sensitive messages to Weiner so he could print them, which led to the FBI reopening a probe into Democratic presidential nominee Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

Republican nominee Donald Trump ran negative campaign ads during the presidential race about Weiner, a former congressman who had resigned in disgrace, after the laptop allegations surfaced."

--> Note once again Trump campaign was focused like a laser in time to amplify it. 

Also, Flynn and Rudy both tipped their hand about knowledge of an October surprise in advance of Comey's letter to Congress.  Of course Flynn is cooperating.  This part of the investigation would interest Comey on a personal level, as does aspects of Trump's probe for obstruction of justice.

I think if I had done something really stupid like forwarding confidential emails to my spouse, I might claim to have no idea how they got them. And then not turn over my laptop to assist in proving my innocence. Did Weiner say anything to corroborate her story?

That Newsweek article says she sent documents from Weiner's laptop. Is that a typo? It also says she was forwarding emails to him. If the Russians had control of the server, that should be easy for the FBI to figure out. I remain skeptical. To say the Russians engineered that suggests a level of penetration beyond anything else we've seen in the campaign. I think it could just as easily be explained by your typical Democratic bumbling. 

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump already is God in the eye of his supporters.

21 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

So far, ADHD and Achooloco are Purg for sure. Jury is still out on the other socks but BradinATX is starting to stink.

No, not purge just drank too much Saturday. And when kids die I think someone should suffer for that. I was at the shaggy abw party way back at the south Congress food truck park...

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think if I had done something really stupid like forwarding confidential emails to my spouse, I might claim to have no idea how they got them. And then not turn over my laptop to assist in proving my innocence. Did Weiner say anything to corroborate her story?

Abedin claimed she had no idea why some of her official emails were found on her ex-husband’s laptop.  That's a good start.  I wonder if it triggered a separate investigation to find out how they got there.

That Newsweek article says she sent documents from Weiner's laptop. Is that a typo? It also says she was forwarding emails to him.

I don't know who the sourcing is for Newsweek's reporting in this or if the reporting is wholly or partly accurate, or inaccurate.

If the Russians had control of the server, that should be easy for the FBI to figure out. I remain skeptical. To say the Russians engineered that suggests a level of penetration beyond anything else we've seen in the campaign. I think it could just as easily be explained by your typical Democratic bumbling. 

First, copies of Clinton emails found on Weiner's laptop were already in FBI possession.  This was likely rapidly known after discovery in September, not end of October when Comey's hand was forced with the letter.   Second, I don't see what's so extraordinary about hacking.  Can you break in and steal emails and other protected information ?  Of course.  Can you insert information or files onto an unsuspecting individual's laptop, or induce someone to download code onto their laptop that executes some function?  Yes, I believe that to be the case.

Did you know on on Oct 21st 2016 Russian hacker Yevgeniy Nikulin was apprehended in the Czech Republic and extradited to the US on a Red Notice where he was Indicted for Hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox and Formspring ? 

It's also noteworthy that Formspring, hacked by Yevgeniy Nikulin, was a sexting app Weiner used.

fun stuff

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

No, not purge just drank too much Saturday. And when kids die I think someone should suffer for that. I was at the shaggy abw party way back at the south Congress food truck park...

Pretty random thing to use as evidence of not being a trollolololol.  

But I'll allow it as I too was at that abw thing.  Got pulled over on Barton Springs road on the way home and talked my way out of a dui.  Not that I was drunk but no way was I going to blow.

20 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

Pretty random thing to use as evidence of not being a trollolololol.  

But I'll allow it as I too was at that abw thing.  Got pulled over on Barton Springs road on the way home and talked my way out of a dui.  Not that I was drunk but no way was I going to blow.

Funny thing, biked there but don’t remember how I got home. Walked? Ride? Dunno. Had to go next day to get it and that sucked. Great beers tho...

So my apologies to GR, for derailing, and the thread followers, guess my resolution for 2019 is no posts after two drinks....

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Abedin claimed she had no idea why some of her official emails were found on her ex-husband’s laptop.  That's a good start.  I wonder if it triggered a separate investigation to find out how they got there.

I don't know who the sourcing is for Newsweek's reporting in this or if the reporting is wholly or partly accurate, or inaccurate.

First, copies of Clinton emails found on Weiner's laptop were already in FBI possession.  This was likely rapidly known after discovery in September, not end of October when Comey's hand was forced with the letter.   Second, I don't see what's so extraordinary about hacking.  Can you break in and steal emails and other protected information ?  Of course.  Can you insert information or files onto an unsuspecting individual's laptop, or induce someone to download code onto their laptop that executes some function?  Yes, I believe that to be the case.

Did you know on on Oct 21st 2016 Russian hacker Yevgeniy Nikulin was apprehended in the Czech Republic and extradited to the US on a Red Notice where he was Indicted for Hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox and Formspring ? 

It's also noteworthy that Formspring, hacked by Yevgeniy Nikulin, was a sexting app Weiner used.

fun stuff

It’s not outside the realm of possibility that the laptop was compromised, but the Nikulin hacking charge was for stuff that happened in 2012.

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

It’s not outside the realm of possibility that the laptop was compromised, but the Nikulin hacking charge was for stuff that happened in 2012.

Correct on the timing.  One possible consequence of hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, and Formspring is you acquire personal information and account/password info on a lot of people.  The potential uses for it come later when you have some concept of to whom, and how, you want to do something, then and go back and see if you possess a point of entry for an individual.

Also, another Mueller related sealed filing on a cooperating witness, Sam Patten:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This part of the story is the most overlooked.

and Chaffetz just came out with a new book!

DjoMRutU0AAgNwF.jpg

Probably ghost written by Konstantin Kilimnik.

/sarcasm 

What a grifter. These clown goons become singular slaves to their own greed and desperation to remain relevant, even if that means dabbling in the dank world of cheap conspiracy rubbish. Today the money is in churning out nonsense about cloak operators in the shadows who exist solely to undermine one side of the political isle, which of course taps into the never-ending sense of victimhood these preening pussies cling to as the last resort of their ability to defend shit they know is foul. It's like a collective coping mechanism.

And what makes it hilarious is that the final step to avoid the rising waters is to shit all over the highest levels of United States law enforcement -- to defend breaking the law by attacking those tasked with holding people accountable to the law. 

• Like 4

What a grifter. These clown goons become singular slaves to their own greed and desperation to remain relevant, even if that means dabbling in the dank world of cheap conspiracy rubbish. Today the money is in churning out nonsense about cloak operators in the shadows who exist solely to undermine one side of the political isle, which of course taps into the never-ending sense of victimhood these preening pussies cling to as the last resort of their ability to defend shit they know is foul. It's like a collective coping mechanism.
And what makes it hilarious is that the final step to avoid the rising waters is to shit all over the highest levels of United States law enforcement -- to defend breaking the law by attacking those tasked with holding people accountable to the law. 

The last part is the truly belly-laughingly hysterical part.
Blue lives matter! We are a nation of laws! Don’t break the law, and you have nothing to worry about!* **

*of course, these only apply to 1) brown people entering/already in the country, and 2) black people on traffic stops, walking down the street, sitting in a hotel lobby, etc.
** does NOT apply to white male republican politicians. The only way they end up in trouble is when it’s a vast law enforcement conspiracy to get them. Probably orchestrated by the Illuminati, the Jews, and of course, George Soros.
  • Like 1

Just now, Tuco said:

Why is he a moron? Was he doing something stupid to get arrested?

Given his background and current international political climate, it seems going to Russia would be not smart.   

I’m just saying you don’t have to be a genius to know there was a legitimate risk something like this would happen. 

However, I’m basing this judgment on the very little information available and realize there might be other facts about his situation I’m not privy to.

On December 31, 2018 at 9:45 AM, triplehorn said:

Can you insert information or files onto an unsuspecting individual's laptop, or induce someone to download code onto their laptop that executes some function?  Yes, I believe that to be the case.

Do you know how different it is to steal emails from a hacked device than it is to plant them there? Without the FBI being able to tell? They're not individual files and there's more info on each than the text you see when you read them. 

If the Russians planted emails on Weiner's laptop, that would far exceed the hacking they've been accused of so far. That's a lot more sophisticated than just stealing someone's password through a successful phishing expedition so you can read their email. If the Russians did that, the FBI knows and we'll hear about it. We should've already heard about it. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Do you know how different it is to steal emails from a hacked device than it is to plant them there? Without the FBI being able to tell? They're not individual files and there's more info on each than the text you see when you read them. 

If the Russians planted emails on Weiner's laptop, that would far exceed the hacking they've been accused of so far. That's a lot more sophisticated than just stealing someone's password through a successful phishing expedition so you can read their email. If the Russians did that, the FBI knows and we'll hear about it. We should've already heard about it. 

Not totally disagreeing with you, but most email clients support exporting/importing individual emails as .eml files. If they got password access to their office365 (Microsoft's managed cloud office, including email), it would simple to add emails to an inbox through importing the .eml files. And if they had a local client running on their laptop syncing their local inbox with their cloud inbox (which is pretty typical), it would automatically end up on the laptop completely inoccuously and in a low impact manner. 

Fucking ITsec best practices man. They'll really open you up to a deep dicking if an antagonist knows what they're doing. 

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

@Skinny Tie will be along shortly to tell us all how totally normal and sane this take is. 

Bad news: 2019 starts with an insane, abnormal world.  Shirley there's a development or too in the Mueller saga that you initially dismissed as crazy talk but was eventually borne out, no?  If you're scoring this at home, sometimes it helps to think on a Trumpian scale of malfeasance and audacity.  

7 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Bad news: 2019 starts with an insane, abnormal world.  Shirley there's a development or too in the Mueller saga that you initially dismissed as crazy talk but was eventually borne out, no? 

You right man. Marshal of the Supreme Court rolling out to the tarmac to brief on the impending impeachment proceedings at any moment.

You may not want to admit it, but you want me on this wall.  You need me on this wall. Somebody has to argue the positions that nobody else wants to touch. 

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You may not want to admit it, but you want me on this wall.  You need me on this wall. Somebody has to argue the positions that nobody else wants to touch. 

Indeed skepticism is healthy and warranted if not always welcomed.  So is keeping in mind that we passed through the looking glass a while back, and that there's literally nothing these desperate traitors wouldn't do to save their own skins.