The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

The Prevezon settlement came just after Trump fired all the federal attorneys, including Phreet B. who was working the case.  Congressional democrats sent Sessions a letter concerning "how the fuck did that happen?"

I'm sure Sessions never responded but the whole thing stinks to high heaven. 

• Like 1

Link to the document. They screwed up the formatting and so you can easily copy/paste the redacted sections.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5677512/Manafort-20190108-Dc.pdf

From page 5

(See, e.g., Doc. 460 at 5 (After being shown documents, Mr. Manafort
“conceded” that he discussed or may have discussed a Ukraine peace plan with Mr. Kilimnik on
more than one occasion); id. at 6 (After being told that Mr. Kilimnik had traveled to Madrid on the
same day that Mr. Manafort was in Madrid, Mr. Manafort “acknowledged” that he and Mr.
Kilimnik met while they were both in Madrid)).

Pages 5-6

In fact, during a proffer meeting held
with the Special Counsel on September 11, 2018, Mr. Manafort explained to the Government
attorneys and investigators that he would have given the Ukrainian peace plan more thought, had
the issue not been raised during the period he was engaged with work related to the presidential
Case 1:17-cr-00201-ABJ Document 471 Filed 01/08/19 
campaign. Issues and communications related to Ukrainian political events simply were not at the
forefront of Mr. Manafort’s mind during the period at issue and it is not surprising at all that Mr.
Manafort was unable to recall specific details prior to having his recollection refreshed. The same
is true with regard to the Government’s allegation that Mr. Manafort lied about sharing polling
data with Mr. Kilimnik related to the 2016 presidential campaign. (See Doc. 460 at 6).

Page 7 (referring to his tax filings)

The Government has indicated that Mr. Manafort’s statements about this payment are inconsistent with
those of others, but the defense has not received any witness statements to support this contention.

Page 9

The first alleged misstatement identified in the Special Counsel’s submission
(regarding a text exchange on May 26, 2018) related to a text message from a third-party asking
permission to use Mr. Manafort’s name as an introduction in the event the third-party met the
President. This does not constitute outreach by Mr. Manafort to the President. The second
example identified by the Special Counsel is hearsay purportedly offered by an undisclosed third
party and the defense has not been provided with the statement (or any witness statements that
form the basis for alleging intentional falsehoods).

• Like 2

Back to the Prevezon case:  at the time it looked like a literal payoff to Russia by the Trump Administration.  The mystery to me: why didn’t the democrats really push this issue?  Nothing came of it except the letter below.  They had opportunities to question Sessions about it in public under oath but avoided the subject for some reason.   A reasonable conclusion is it was part of an ongoing investigation and any public inquiries could jeopardize the investigation.

Read this letter if you haven’t, it’s a doozy.

AEC031B8-494C-4471-AA3A-92A42E3EADDA_zps

ECE24FE9-0481-44DC-85C7-6ABE5453281B_zps

D54A7505-CAB6-4C4C-A08B-F10A3601D668_zps

It sounds like Paul Manafort was the spotter providing coordinates with internal polling data, and Kilimnik facilitated the order to fire the Russian digital artillery at targets, i.e. MI, PA, WI.

giphy.gif

That sounds a lot like that collusion thing that Trump says never happened.

If that connection is shown...yeah, that’s direct coordination with a foreign power to influence a US election. You know....collusion.

Worth watching. But, I mean, irrelevant, because Manafort was just (checking notes)...the Trump campaign chair.

52 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If that connection is shown...yeah, that’s direct coordination with a foreign power to influence a US election. You know....collusion.

Worth watching. But, I mean, irrelevant, because Manafort was just (checking notes)...the Trump campaign chair.

Still no smoking gun.  Trump himself didn't take the meeting so there's no way he knew about it.  He's not smart enough...er he's too smart..er he's too honest to know anything about a meeting like that.  Manafort was just a rogue agent looking to help himself and his old client.  You guys and your wild crazy conspiracies because you can't help your hatred for Hillary losing.    

I can't help myself and can hear the "never going to be anything to see here" crowd now.  

Any sane person who has been following this, i.e. the folks that read this thread, can easily piece together from all the circumstantial evidence that the Manafort/Foreign Policy/Data side of the campaign was done in conjunction with help/data/hacked material to and from the Russians.  This is only from the evidence that is out in public.  If we are already at this point, I can't imagine how easy it will be for Muller to put together a case for people who still believe in facts.  

Edited by Dertyberd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Yeah except that they all seem to be incompetent

This. It’s always incompetence. People keep looking for conspiracy when the answer is just that every one involved is incredibly dumb 

edit to add this comment is meant as a reply to the tweet speculating a master plan to communicate to Trump. If that wasn’t obvious 

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

doesn't matter as long as the believers outnumber the non-believers.

I have to believe for my own sanity and based on the congressional election results that this is true.  We shall see.  I'm a semi-reformed early Brisketeer, but not fully converted to believe we are a strong/smart enough country.  Long term diagnosis is still out.  Thank God the information keeps slowly coming out and that Muller has more time to get to deep dark holes of the money/hacking/manipulation.  

2 minutes ago, deech said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me a non-collusion spin or justification for a person's campaign chair sharing internal poll results with agents for a foreign power.

You don't know Kilimnik is an agent of a foreign power.  He was just [checks notes] a Soviet soldier that worked with GRU and greased arms deals in Russia after the fall of CCCP.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

collusion's not a crime.

If Manafort gives polling data to Russia, and Russia uses that to target particular people in the U.S. for purposes of swaying the election, I guess those are FEC violations because of the money/in kind donation given on behalf of the Trump Campaign without disclosing.  Then everyone that participated is guilty of Conspiracy to Defraud the U.S., which says conspiracies to prevent an office of the government from doing their function is a crime. 

The interesting part will be seeing how far the statute can reach.  You have to do an overt act to be a part of the conspiracy.  Does everyone with mere knowledge that it happened get tied in?  Probably no.  Maybe the overt act was authorizing filing of FEC statements after it happened knowing it wasn't disclosed on there; or, really, participating in any way in the filling out and filing of the FEC documents after it happened knowing it was not on there.  Prosecutors can get real creative here.

7 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

If Manafort gives polling data to Russia, and Russia uses that to target particular people in the U.S. for purposes of swaying the election, I guess those are FEC violations because of the money/in kind donation given on behalf of the Trump Campaign without disclosing.  Then everyone that participated is guilty of Conspiracy to Defraud the U.S., which says conspiracies to prevent an office of the government from doing their function is a crime. 

The interesting part will be seeing how far the statute can reach.  You have to do an overt act to be a part of the conspiracy.  Does everyone with mere knowledge that it happened get tied in?  Probably no.  Maybe the overt act was authorizing filing of FEC statements after it happened knowing it wasn't disclosed on there; or, really, participating in any way in the filling out and filing of the FEC documents after it happened knowing it was not on there.  Prosecutors can get real creative here.

Engaging in Trump Tower Moscow negotiations while knowing that your campaign manager is feeding polling data to the Russians would qualify. 

25 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

You don't know Kilimnik is an agent of a foreign power.  He was just [checks notes] a Soviet soldier that worked with GRU and greased arms deals in Russia after the fall of CCCP.

You laugh, but I literally just had this conversation with my cousin.  He's a well-educated investment banker, of the "I voted for that libertarian guy yet always defend Trump" variety.  

1 hour ago, Dertyberd said:

Still no smoking gun.  Trump himself didn't take the meeting so there's no way he knew about it.  He's not smart enough...er he's too smart..er he's too honest to know anything about a meeting like that.  Manafort was just a rogue agent looking to help himself and his old client.  You guys and your wild crazy conspiracies because you can't help your hatred for Hillary losing.    

I can't help myself and can hear the "never going to be anything to see here" crowd now.  

Any sane person who has been following this, i.e. the folks that read this thread, can easily piece together from all the circumstantial evidence that the Manafort/Foreign Policy/Data side of the campaign was done in conjunction with help/data/hacked material to and from the Russians.  This is only from the evidence that is out in public.  If we are already at this point, I can't imagine how easy it will be for Muller to put together a case for people who still believe in facts.  

dude, i was completely triggered by your first paragraph. this shit is not healthy.

but i think this is the smoking gun that mirros toto running over the curtains to start fussing with them. the wizard is about to be revealed, and as such, he's ramped up the distractions. pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

You laugh, but I literally just had this conversation with my cousin.  He's a well-educated investment banker, of the "I voted for that libertarian guy yet always defend Trump" variety.  

You’re related to maninblack?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Engaging in Trump Tower Moscow negotiations while knowing that your campaign manager is feeding polling data to the Russians would qualify. 

Kind of makes it harder for him to argue that the Trump Tower Moscow negotiations during the campaign were okay because he didn't expect to win the election. 

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

doesn't matter as long as the believers outnumber the non-believers.

Wish that was true. But one side is a monolithic minority but the majority is fractured not on facts (necessarily) but on the path forward.  Non-believers may well be the plurality even if not the majority.   

Lol, Santorum just now on CNN re: Manafort and the polling data being evidence of collusion:
"99% chance this was a lone wolf situation"

Yeah, I mean, we can’t expect a candidate campaigning for office to have any idea what (checks notes) his campaign manager is doing for the campaign.

These assholes like Santorum who carry water for the traitors must think that a lot of people will go down if the dam breaks. One person after another in DC flipping on their friends and colleagues.

Edited by retread

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wish the media would stop using the word “collusion”...that’s Trump’s language. 

Use conspiracy or coordination.  

Agree, but I think we are past that option since the dotard tweets "collusion" so often.  I do wish they would all start using "smocking gun" though.

• Like 3