The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The cast of morons trapped in Trump's orbit is endless. I had completely forgotten about this guy. From wiki

While working as a volunteer for the Mitt Romney 2008 presidential campaign, Nunberg met and was hired by attorney Jay Sekulow to work at the American Center for Law & Justice in an attempt to stop the construction of the Park51 mosque.[6] While working there he met political operative Roger Stone, whom he has described as his mentor and "surrogate father".[7][8][9]

Nunberg began working for Trump, as a consultant, in 2011,[10], after Trump decided not to run for president in 2012.[1] Nunberg assisted in the writing of Trump's 2011 speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference.[11] His other work during the period included being the director of the Middle East Forum's Legal Project from January 2012 to November 2014.[4][12]

After being hired by Trump, Nunberg told friends that the more that Trump considered a presidential run, the more consulting work for Stone and him.[10] In February 2014 Nunberg was fired by Trump after he arranged a BuzzFeed interview that ended up being highly critical of Trump; the headline was "36 Hours on The Fake Campaign Trail with Donald Trump."[4][13]In February 2015 he was rehired by Trump, as a communications adviser for the Trump campaign,[14] but was let go, shortly thereafter, by then-campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.[1]

Nunberg was rehired by the campaign in April 2015[1]; between then and the beginning of July he was paid $15,139 by the campaign.[15] Nunberg, along with Stone, helped prepare Trump for the first Republican debate, on August 6, 2015.[16] Nunberg was fired at the end of July[13]after old Facebook posts which contained racist comments were published.[15] In March 2016 Nunberg endorsed Senator Ted Cruz for president, saying that Trump "does not have a coherent political ideology."[4]

Fucking clown show.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Why would people who work for the Federal Government be in better shape financially than the general public?

Well, hopefully because they don't have to listen to shareholders on a quarterly basis and can therefore sustain long-term initiatives that are deemed in the public interest.

It's baffling to me that anyone finds any value at all to anything said by Sam Nunberg.  He's what you'd have if precocious 8-year-olds were allowed to drink too much wine at dinner.  The fact that he made it onto anyone's campaign team is barely more absurd than him sitting in front of intelligence committees and being asked to the one thing that Sam Nunberg should never be asked to do, which is to ... talk.  The fact that this bumbling doofus is a subject for anything is a living, breathing metaphor to how perilously stupid everything has become.   

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That seems like a new precedent for being "soft on crime."  Maybe every criminal should be allowed to correct any charge being brought by a county, state or federal prosecutor.  From now on if someone gets drunk and goes on a vandalism spree they should be able to modify the language in their charge by changing the description from "smashed windows and spray painted 'fart' on a Chevy Tahoe" to "accidentally bumped windows with a steel pipe and indulged in perfectly legal artistic expression and the canvas just happened to be Dave's Tahoe." 

Edited by Chooky
Doo Doo
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Mueller should tell Rudy “sure you can correct it” just to see what the end result looks like. Like Ryan setting up Creed thoughts on The Office. Rudy comes out, “Hey here’s the Mueller report everyone. It’s only one page and blames Hillary and Obama for everything. I guess we’ll all just go home now.”

27 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Trump surrounds himself with such fucking mediocrities.

When you yourself are pretty mediocre to begin with, that's what you attract.  What's semi-amazing is how Trump's gotten to age 72 and to this point in his life being as mediocre as he is, and the overall intellect of those around him.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

That seems like a new precedent for being "soft on crime."  Maybe every criminal should be allowed to correct any charge being brought by a county, state or federal prosecutor.  From now on if someone gets drunk and goes on a vandalism spree they should be able to modify the language in their charge by changing the description from "smashed windows and spray painted 'fart' on a Chevy Tahoe" to "accidentally bumped windows with a steel pipe and indulged in perfectly legal artistic expression and the canvas just happened to be Dave's Tahoe." 

Yeah well, "Dave" had it coming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

When you yourself are pretty mediocre to begin with, that's what you attract.  What's semi-amazing is how Trump's gotten to age 72 and to this point in his life being as mediocre as he is, and the overall intellect of those around him.

As hire As.  Bs hire Cs.  Words of wisdom Lloyd.  Words.  of.  Wisdom.

• Like 1

How the Charge Against Natalia Veselnitskaya Could Lead Back to the Trump Campaign

last graph:

"What ultimately is the point of this indictment? Veselnitskaya is unlikely ever to return to the United States. This means that U.S. prosecutors are probably less interested in this particular, narrow matter than in what filing charges allows them to do going forward. “If the government wants on record that Natalia is a Russian government agent, this indictment serves this purpose,” the former member of the Prevezon defense team told me. That is to say, if and when charges are filed in relation to the Trump Tower meeting, prosecutors now have a building block on which to argue that, in her actions in the United States, Veselnitskaya did not represent merely herself and her client but the interests of Russian officials. That should worry Donald Trump, Jr., and Jared Kushner, who attended the meeting with Veselnitskaya, and, in turn, the President himself.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Trump surrounds himself with such fucking mediocrities.

They're the only people who will work for him.  Don't you recall all the articles about how the white shoe law firms will have nothing to do with him because he's known for being a shitty client who doesn't take advice and doesn't pay?

What Trump is amazingly good at is attracting dumbshits.  People that will deal with him on any level in business, people that buy his Trump-branded shit, people that watch his dumbass TV show, and people that vote for him.  As noted above, the US electorate has always mostly consisted of dumbshits.  No one has mobilized them and secured their vote quite like Teh Donald.  Most fascinating is that he actually isn't in their interest; they aren't voting themselves largesse from the public treasury.

• Like 1

Trump is watching the news today while holding an ice pack to his translucent ass and is confused about why they're so obsessed with some little tart who got kidnapped and why they aren't discussing the genius of his wheel comparison.  Oh no.  It's all about Michael Cohen and that goddamned drunken mongoloid, Sam Nunberg!  "I told you fucking assholes there was no reason to go to Texas!"  The poor bastard spent the last three days talking about wheels and those unfair fuckers won't grab hold of his wheel theories.  

43 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

i have a pretty decent acquaintance in the c-level of a large company that's a customer of mine. his advice to me was: "always hire people smarter than you. they'll always make you look good."

• Like 1

Giuliani comes from a standpoint that Trump has done nothing wrong and has always told the truth.  And the Mueller probe is the opposite.  Therefore why wouldn't we want to give Trump the ability to correct the obviously false statements given out by Mueller.

What's odd about Giuliani is that I don't think he's a moron.  And while he may have lost some steps, he's not in full blown dementia yet.  I also don't think he believes that he will be the AG one day.  So I don't understand why he is doing all of this other than it keeps him in the spotlight.  Otherwise he would be someone that would be invited to NYC or 9/11 events.  Perhaps this Trump support keeps him relevant in his mind.

You’re right that Giuliani isn’t a moron.

But he is an utterly craven immoral facsimile of a human being with no morals or scruples who only cares about enriching and promoting himself. Plus, he’s a cousin fucker.

Sometimes those types can be easily mistaken for morons to normal people.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What's odd about Giuliani is that I don't think he's a moron.  And while he may have lost some steps, he's not in full blown dementia yet.  I also don't think he believes that he will be the AG one day.  So I don't understand why he is doing all of this other than it keeps him in the spotlight.  Otherwise he would be someone that would be invited to NYC or 9/11 events.  Perhaps this Trump support keeps him relevant in his mind.

There's a fair likelihood he's got his own criminal legal exposure tied to the Trump campaign.  It could be a variety of things, but his involvement in the October surprise is the main one.  He was the lead candidate for Sec. of State and actively promoted himself for that role (to the point of irritating Trump), then abruptly bailed to assume a different stance wrt Trump.  I think he caught wind of the reach of the already rolling counterintelligence investigation how it potentially stood to touch him.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

This is what I came to post, but I got caught up in catching up.    I came across this today and thought it was a pretty good article on trump thinking of using executive privilege to freeze everything in the Mueller investigation.  There has been talk here the past few days of the legal morass that is likely after Mueller releases his findings.  I have to think they will try this to at least stall it. 

https://www.wonkette.com/tick-tock-motherf-ckers

I like her style.  She's got a lot of good articles on her site. 

21 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

You’re right that Giuliani isn’t a moron.

But he is an utterly craven immoral facsimile of a human being with no morals or scruples who only cares about enriching and promoting himself. Plus, he’s a cousin fucker.

Sometimes those types can be easily mistaken for morons to normal people.

Plus, he's drunk pretty much all of the time.

Rudy recognizes (correctly) that Trump's best chance of surviving this is not to argue on the merits, but to turn it into a political debate.  The big mean Democrats are coming for Trump!  Of course what he's arguing for isn't legally defensible, but this is directed at the base.