The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

58 minutes ago, retread said:

It's amazing. A little light witness intimidation doesn't even move the needle any more. Who knows what the real motivation is for Cohen not appearing...

That Fox News interview a week or two ago where Trump said Cohen’s father-in-law should be investigated is particularly creepy as fuck in light of this.  I’m not saying Whitaker would be able to open an investigation into him, but that was way too specific for Trump (even if a sentence later he played dumb about his FIL). 

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If the GOP guys knew what they were doing, they wouldn’t be scared shitless and acting guilty as fuck.  They are acting like protecting and appeasing Trump is more important than winning re-election.  That is not the typical act of a member of Congress - their first priority is always to protect their next re-election bid.  

It does seem that way.  Riding the bomb all the way down.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They need to get the ball rolling and capture the national conversation so we’re not talking about some MAGA kids in Kentucky, or Rudy, or walls, or whatever distraction is running when Mueller drops the hammer.

When Mueller drops the hammer, nobody in the media is going to give a fuck about anything but Mueller.   Well, the idiots over at Fox News will be talking about Hillary’s emails. 

The Dems have only been in charge of the House for a few weeks.  Stop acting like they should have been holding hearings from Day 1.  They have a lot of hair on their plate, and they will get to it.  

It’s interesting how you suddenly went from “the Dems are going to run a train on Trump when they get the House and everybody needs to be patient, Mueller has this” to “The Dems are going to let  Trump off the hook.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohchaucer said:

I can see why slow roll makes sense with Trump to ensure the net is cast wide and will hold in whatever fish are caught. 

But if there are all those sealed indictments on Mitch, Jr, etc, why wait on those? The evidence must be in for him to have indicated them, so what more is gained by waiting for the smaller fish.

When they move on any of those characters, it’s got to be airtight, and immune to Trump lashing out with firings or pardons. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

t’s interesting how you suddenly went from “the Dems are going to run a train on Trump when they get the House and everybody needs to be patient, Mueller has this” to “The Dems are going to let  Trump off the hook.”

New events have changed the calculation:

The AG was fired, Whitaker installed/overseeing Mueller, Rosenstein is out, Barr is in.  Trump orchestrated ALL of this and it all has to do with the Mueller investigation.  Only an idiot would conclude there’s nothing to worry about with Mueller.

My original theory was the Dems were playing rope-a-dope before election and then go hard to the paint once they took power. 

It doesn’t look like that’s going to happen and given the lack of Mueller developments except for him to discredit journalists without evidence, I’m seeing a different picture.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Democrats should operate as if there isn’t a Mueller investigation. 

They should do their job.

Their job is to legislate.  The whole investigatory aspect of the House and Senate came some time after the Constitution was signed.

I'd like to see them press on with meaningful new legislation in the House, working with whatever Republicans might actually have an interest in doing so as well, and then forcing the Senate to put bipartisan bills to a vote.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Their job is to legislate.  The whole investigatory aspect of the House and Senate came some time after the Constitution was signed.

I'd like to see them press on with meaningful new legislation in the House, working with whatever Republicans might actually have an interest in doing so as well, and then forcing the Senate to put bipartisan bills to a vote.

476.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Unless he’s currently being undermined 

There’s only a dozen or so reasons to think he is.

So you'd potentially screw the Mueller investigation, which has a WAY better than 50% chance of providing impeachable and likely indictable charges, just on the off chance his team is being undermined?

You'd make a terrible coach.  You'd kick the field goal on 2nd and goal from the 1.

• Like 3

I would think the Democrats are waiting until the government reopens to really start firing shots. Maybe the Senate flinches first. It’s Bad optics otherwise. Let him own all the pain of the shutdown, then make a bad deal that pisses off Ann Coulter, then hammer with investigations. And they should focus on less complex issues like tax returns, emoluments violations, Russia meetings. Let Mueller have the more complex issues. The legal stuff is such a slow process and can’t be relied on for relief by 2020.

If the senate holds steady then the only play is to keep Trumps approval in the 30s.

I don’t think the Senate backs down. I think too many are compromised- it’s the only way to explain their behavior.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So you'd potentially screw the Mueller investigation, which has a WAY better than 50% chance of providing impeachable and likely indictable charges, just on the off chance his team is being undermined?

You'd make a terrible coach.  You'd kick the field goal on 2nd and goal from the 1.

I’m saying they should treat the Mueller investigation as more of an insurance policy instead of the end all be all story on Trump-Russia.

The Mueller investigation report is promised to no one.

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m saying they should treat the Mueller investigation as more of an insurance policy instead of the end all be all story on Trump-Russia.

The Mueller investigation report is promised to no one.

No way that report stays secret. No way. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

No way that report stays secret. No way. 

I agree but we know they are going to try to keep as much classified as possible and more importantly, we have no idea when it could emerge.

The Mueller investigation could theoretically take 10 years.

I don’t think it will take that long but the point is we have a Kremlin asset in the White House currently destroying our democratic institutions.  

Time to stop waiting on Mueller to magically save the day while everyone sits by and watches the country fall into tyranny. 

Democrats should work to improve the public’s faith in our system of government by CHECKING the motherfucker subverting it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I agree but we know they are going to try to keep as much classified as possible and more importantly, we have no idea when it could emerge.

The Mueller investigation could theoretically take 10 years.

I don’t think it will take that long but the point is we have a Kremlin asset in the White House currently destroying our democratic institutions.  

Time to stop waiting on Mueller to magically save the day while everyone sits by and watches the country fall into tyranny. 

Democrats should work to improve the public’s faith in our system of government by CHECKING the motherfucker subverting it.

Certain members of Congress will have access to the classified information.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well Pete Carroll would throw it. Ask Seattle.

Jesus I loved beating their bitch asses in 05.

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Crushed financially....and aesthetically. He looks like a fucking cartoon villain. Fuck him.

His eyes look so damn weird, especially when he puts those ridiculously small glasses on. If for no other reason put him in prison so his crazy ass is no longer on TV.

If that doesn't happen I hope he winds up broke and destitute and that I see him riding the subway begging for spare change.

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t doubt Mueller but you have to understand regardless of what Mueller produces, Democrats will HAVE to act in Congress.  They don’t have to interfere with Mueller but they should be setting the tone on how serious this shit is NOW.  They can take it as slow or fast as they want, there is more than enough material to work with. They can start painting a great narrative just on what Mueller has already produced alone.  

They need to get the ball rolling and capture the national conversation so we’re not talking about some MAGA kids in Kentucky, or Rudy, or walls, or whatever distraction is running when Mueller drops the hammer.

People need to understand this isn’t about nailing Trump, it’s about defending ourselves and our democracy from foreign threats.   

I hate to harken back to the active measures stuff but the goal isn’t to get people to react, it’s ultimately to get people to do nothing and it looks like doing nothing is winning. 

Sad!

I realize I'm several hours behind on this discussion, and I haven't yet read further beyond this post. So, I apologize if the point I'm about to make has already been brought up.

At the link below is an absolutely great interview with Schiff from this last week regarding the investigation by the House. Patience, my man, it's coming. Rest assured, they're not sitting on their laurels.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/17/685886359/house-intel-chairman-schiff-vows-to-get-trump-jr-phone-records-and-more

Definitely need to have patience. You can't just walk in and set the whole place on fire. Well I guess you can if you are an asset of a foreign government currently occupying the Oval Office.

I am very much in support of Democrats being thorough and patient. Let these traitorous clowns continue to hang themselves and just come in and clean up the mess. They won't entirely erase the Republican party, but crippling it to the point that it no longer has any power at the federal level for the foreseeable future would be a nice start. 

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I realize I'm several hours behind on this discussion, and I haven't yet read further beyond this post. So, I apologize if the point I'm about to make has already been brought up.

At the link below is an absolutely great interview with Schiff from this last week regarding the investigation by the House. Patience, my man, it's coming. Rest assured, they're not sitting on their laurels.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/17/685886359/house-intel-chairman-schiff-vows-to-get-trump-jr-phone-records-and-more

Yeah, I’ll give them until March 31st to start cranking it up, then I will write a strongly worded email.  

32 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Trump:  "Ah yes.  A wave of indictments would be the perfect distraction for us right now.  They're playing right into my perfectly adequate sized hands.  We'll distract them even more when we hire someone to shoot Jared in the thigh and launch an airstrike on Fernando Valenzuela."

Have some rep for Fernando Valenzuela.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Trump:  "Ah yes.  A wave of indictments would be the perfect distraction for us right now.  They're playing right into my perfectly adequate sized hands.  We'll distract them even more when we hire someone to shoot Jared in the thigh and launch an airstrike on Fernando Valenzuela."

Now THIS is rep worthy.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Dumb move....hit him from below....he'll never see it coming....

Fernando-Dodgers.jpg

• Haha 1