The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Asithappens said:

Suckabee is a lying sack of evangelical shit.

May she rot in her hell.

As with many of the you're damned and I'm not religiosos, I find myself, again, thinking of my favorite quote from Voltaire.

God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh.

That God would be playing irony to the irony-deaf in the case of the religiosos. How surprised they will be if they are correct about the nature of God.

28 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

This is spot on and damn funny. 

I still to this day believe Trump only ran for the PR and news coverage that he so much desires. By the time he realized he had a legit shot to win the nomination it was already to late to drop out. 

• Like 1

everyone talks tough before they see the evidence against them.

This.
I know plenty of lawyers who have done their “assigned by the Fed court to defend a guy” cases. They all go like this:
1 - defendant says “I didn’t do anything! You gotta get me outta this!”
2 - Attorney gets evidence disclosed from the US Attorney. It’s often in boxes. Several of them.
3 - Attorney plays a recorded conversation for client. Client makes up excuses and “explains it away.”
4 - Attorney plays second and third recordings. Excuses and explanations get weaker.
5 - Attorney plays fourth recording. And points to box with recordings 5-205. Defendant sighs. Says “so, what kind of deal can I get?”

4 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

This is spot on and damn funny. 

I still to this day believe Trump only ran for the PR and news coverage that he so much desires. By the time he realized he had a legit shot to win the nomination it was already to late to drop out. 

If you believe the rumors, he wanted to get visibility to build a media company. He would lose the election, but gain a shit load of viewers in this new network. 

West Mall/Politics is rightfully disdained and ridiculed most of the time. I do my part to earn that.

But today, this thread is the shining star of the internet. I've run out of rep and can't reward so many amusing and informative posts.

Of course, one could never be proud of one's association with this board, but, goddamnit, I'm a little less ashamed than usual. I hope that goes for all of us!

• Like 2

Who is the biggest hero in this story so far? 

Most will say Mueller but I’ve got to go with Christopher Steele.

When you look back at everything and realize he was witnessing this crime take place in real time and did everything in his power to stop it...even though it wasn’t his job and he wasn’t even an American, perhaps he’s the real patriot in this catastrophe.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm withholding judgment until we can evaluate the quality and skill level of the pissing Russian hookers.  They may be the heroes we both need and deserve.

For the Russians, you have to go with Trump as their hero. He has accomplished more for the Kremlin than any single Soviet during the Cold War.  There should be Trump statues erected in Red Square.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

For the Russians, you have to go with Trump as their hero. He has accomplished more for the Kremlin than any single Soviet during the Cold War.  There should be Trump statues erected in Red Square.

I mean....don't you think some sort of fountain should also be incorporated?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

When you look back at everything and realize he was witnessing this crime take place in real time and did everything in his power to stop it...even though it wasn’t his job and he wasn’t even an American, perhaps he’s the real patriot in this catastrophe.

lulz.  he was hired.  it was literally his job.

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Y'all remember the Trump Gloat Thread from the old place?  Boy howdy, that was a knee slapper.  

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep

You know, there is a part of me -  I suppose  the part of me that looks at mangled car wrecks as I pass by them, the part of me that watches the videos of people jumping off of buildings in the NSFW thread - that kind of wishes Swam and FCHorn were here now to minimize, defend, and whatabout this all away right now.   For the side busting laughs.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.
I know plenty of lawyers who have done their “assigned by the Fed court to defend a guy” cases. They all go like this:
1 - defendant says “I didn’t do anything! You gotta get me outta this!”
2 - Attorney gets evidence disclosed from the US Attorney. It’s often in boxes. Several of them.
3 - Attorney plays a recorded conversation for client. Client makes up excuses and “explains it away.”
4 - Attorney plays second and third recordings. Excuses and explanations get weaker.
5 - Attorney plays fourth recording. And points to box with recordings 5-205. Defendant sighs. Says “so, what kind of deal can I get?”

6 - Attorney "if you play your cards right, a pardon"

7 - "MAGA"

8 - profit

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

You know, there is a part of me -  I suppose  the part of me that looks at mangled car wrecks as I pass by them, the part of me that watches the videos of people jumping off of buildings in the NSFW thread - that kind of wishes Swam and FCHorn were here now to minimize, defend, and whatabout this all away right now.   For the side busting laughs.  

Give it a day or so. Sack will have a drive-by hot take. Not quite as satisfying however.

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

lulz.  he was hired.  it was literally his job.

He wasn’t hired to alert the FBI or go to the press. He was hired to be invisible. You should probably read up on all the risks Christopher Steele took to get the truth out before the election.  He burned so many of his sources and lliterally got people killed inside Russia not to mention sacrificing his professional career.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Also sucks that we're deprived of FC Horn's smallpox blanket jokes on the thread about the maga brat and the Native American drummer. 

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m not a lawyer, but that seems like a bad idea, no?

It just goes to show how much leverage he must have.  The more incriminating evidence you have on the top boss, the more you can get away with lying/obstructing because you can always flip for a sweet ass deal, assuming you have the goods.

Lower level conspirators don’t have that luxury because they don’t have much to offer in trade for a deal.

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Cool. I took "Greek and Latin for Vocabulary Building" from Helena Dettmer. I do remember that the prefix "col" pretty much means "with". Don't recall what the base "lus" means, though.

That was an awesome course. 

Assassin? That comes from dudes smoking hashish who go kill people. Oh, the benefits of a classical education, right Hans?

Edited by Asithappens