The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I don’t understand that second tweet. If he was part of some criminal conspiracy he would be charge of being part of some conspiracy. 

This is a classic mob style takedown.  Read up on superseding indictments and the tactical advantages they can provide. 

But when you realize that this is more than a criminal conspiracy - it's an ongoing counterintelligence investigation involving the POTUS - it comes into focus that every step taken could potentially trigger a cascade of events that can destabilize not just the investigation, but destabilize events on a national and global scale.

You can rest assured that there is intense scrutiny by our intelligence community, coordinated with the investigation, on what actions and reactions are occurring, both domestically and internationally, in response to Mueller's moves every step of the way that will have NO direct bearing on actual prosecution by Mueller, but will have everything to do with helping to maintain national security.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

fify TH.

True enough.  Probably a waste of time to write your own too, although I do get responses.  They have some semi-clever algorithm that detects the topic of your email and generates a canned, talking points response.

Edited by TwiceHorn

So what once seemed to be the most ludicrous, far-fetched fairy tale of massive conservative conspiracy with the Russians to steal the 2016 election is piece-by-piece proving to be true?

This is political Pedo State.  Trump and his inner circle may be Sandusky, but there is a whole lot more that’s wrong here.  Jeff Flake talking about the rhythmic slapping sounds in the Senate should have told us.

Calling it now: The pee tape is real, and it features an ensemble cast.

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

So what once seemed to be the most ludicrous, far-fetched fairy tale of massive conservative conspiracy with the Russians to steal the 2016 election is piece-by-piece proving to be true?

This is political Pedo State.  Trump and his inner circle may be Sandusky, but there is a whole lot more that’s wrong here.  Jeff Flake talking about the rhythmic slapping sounds in the Senate should have told us.

The pee pee tape is definitely real

28 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

This is a classic mob style takedown.  Read up on superseding indictments and the tactical advantages they can provide. 

But when you realize that this is more than a criminal conspiracy - it's an ongoing counterintelligence investigation involving the POTUS - it comes into focus that every step taken could potentially trigger a cascade of events that can destabilize not just the investigation, but destabilize events on a national and global scale.

You can rest assured that there is intense scrutiny by our intelligence community, coordinated with the investigation, on what actions and reactions are occurring, both domestically and internationally, in response to Mueller's moves every step of the way that will have NO direct bearing on actual prosecution by Mueller, but will have everything to do with helping to maintain national security.

I'm a little slow, so does this basically mean Stone can/might/will be still indicted for conspiracy, but since that conspiracy charge necessarily includes others not currently charged (or still under investigation), prosecutors are holding back?  And, if that's generally right, until when will they hold back?  Until the "main" conspiracy person (or persons) are charged and then other ancillary conspiracy charges will cascade all around? 

18 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Arguably the greatest or worst criminal conspiracy in the history of the United States, perhaps western civilization.

That we know about.

• Like 1

Is there any chance of having Kelly Anne's front door kicked in by the FBI at 5am?
I know they won't because of her kids.  Maybe the FBI can find a night the kids are sleeping over somewhere else.

I’m pretty sure George will be opening it for them ahead of time.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Skimming wikipedia, Stone's client list includes Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Dole, Arlen Specter, Trump.   Criminals commit crimes.  I don't want to sound naive, but I'd be disappointed if all these campaigns were doing illegal stuff.

I would venture to say that every campaign does borderline illegal stuff. There seems to just be a lot of really stupid people involved with this one. 

Edited by housious

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

cross posting

That last line is so fucking revealing it's funny.  

CNN probably had a camera crew planted in Stone's neighborhood ahead of time including the surrounds of several other individuals of prosecutorial interest to cover their bets.  Everyone got a heads up with the offbeat Thursday Mueller grand jury meeting yesterday.

I'd like to take a step back to two days ago. Would there be a legit strategy for Cohen bowing out of his hearing due to external pressures from Trump and company, as a way to ensure an obstruction charge? As in, he wasn't afraid to do it, but by bowing out, it shows cause and effect in obstruction or whatever? 

Just now, triplehorn said:

That last line is so fucking revealing it's funny.  

CNN probably had a camera crew planted in Stone's neighborhood ahead of time including the surrounds of several other individuals of prosecutorial interest to cover their bets.  Everyone got a heads up with the offbeat Thursday Mueller grand jury meeting yesterday.

The answer to Trump's question about who alerted CNN to be there is "Christopher Steele"