The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

your usual addition of nothing. 

no, tard....YOU CAN'T read (giggle, giggle Wild Cat /Jimmy James)

I do know this....you are the problem, Hobbes.......YOU.  

This echo chamber has made you worse, not better. 

When they say that we have the government that we deserve, they are talking about YOU.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

your usual addition of nothing. 

no, tard....YOU CAN'T read (giggle, giggle Wild Cat /Jimmy James)

I do know this....you are the problem, Hobbes.......YOU.  

This echo chamber has made you worse, not better. 

When they say that we have the government that we deserve, they are talking about YOU.

This is the equivalent of an alcoholic screaming at the bartender for serving him yet another drink.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Correct. 

So let's recap.  Crossfire Hurricane was initiated as the result of a wire from Australia indicating that one of their diplomats had had contact with Papadopoulos, and that Papadopoulos had indicated that "the Trump Campaign had received indications from the Russian government that it could assist the Campaign through the anonymous release of information that would be damaging to candidate Clinton" (Mueller Report). Upon receiving this information, the FBI immediately opens an investigation focused on...Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and Michael Flynn...in addition to Papadopoulos.  Huh, curious and rather specific selection of targets. There are a wide range of individuals involved with the Trump campaign at this point.  Many that would be worthy of investigation for potential Russian contact.  Interesting that these three were tacked on to Papadopoulos, and only these three? What do those three individuals all have in common with each other, in terms of information flowing through the Bureau contemporaneous to launching this investigation?  What do we think served as the basis for that targeting when Crossfire Hurricane was initiated in July 2016. I mean, we know it wasn't dossier information right? That only reached the FBI in September. Huh, curious. 

What's curious about it?

24 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It was such a conspiracy they didn't want anyone to know about it until after the election.

That's good thinking.

Everyone and their mother knew that Hilary was a sure thing.  That's why Obama mocked Trump publicly for suggesting anyone could rig an election.  Cheating is how you curry favor in the next administration.  After the unthinkable happened, the backup plan went into effect.  Comey et al leaked their meddling to the press knowing it would lead to various trouble for the President.  

I think you already know much of what you feign ignorance of.  you are in this thread most waking hours and hanging on every news report. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Everyone and their mother knew that Hilary was a sure thing.  That's why Obama mocked Trump publicly for suggesting anyone could rig an election.  Cheating is how you curry favor in the next administration.  After the unthinkable happened, the backup plan went into effect.  Comey et al leaked their meddling to the press knowing it would lead to various trouble for the President.  

I think you already know much of what you feign ignorance of.  you are in this thread most waking hours and hanging on every news report. 

Which is how I know the president of the United States is a felon.

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

I think there is a lot right in this.   They knew TrumpCo was playing loose with Russia and currying interference but they had to walk a thin line.  And yes, they were assuming Hillary would win, which 2+ MILLION people voted for her over Drumpf, but the EC broke for the Dotard.  

If Hillary had won, none of the begging Russia for help would’ve mattered, because it wasn’t effective.  It was still super dirty pool, as dirty or dirtier than anything the Hillary hate cult espouses about her.  But at the end of the day Trump would be an after thought, with no reason to dig into further unless you are the left version of Gym Jordan.

The most maddening about people who STILL support trump and do it mostly because they hat Hillary is this.   So you hate Hillary becaus things like the “Clinton Foundation” and “White Water” and EMAILS! and so on....

How fucking blind do you have to be to think DONALD TRUMP is above those things or hasn’t been proven to have done worse.  You are an absolute dipshit of the highest aggy order if you think the fucking bone spur fake millionaire is any less corrupt than Hillary.  

AGGY loves trump.  At what point do you start questioning that.   It’s fine to hate both, but why in the world are you people still carrying water for the exact thing you “claim” to hate?  Other than you are all closet aggy…

Hey we partially agree.  Trump was as happy to hear the Russian spin as Hilary was to pay for it. But for a few brave voters in Wisconsin and Pennsylvannia we would never know the Obama administration was spying on Trump.  Right minded individuals dismissed it as one of Trump's ramblings, until it was true. 

I don't actually think Trump is above the crimes known to the Clinton machine (I haven't heard if Trump ever destroyed a hard drive or blamed his casualties on a youtube video, but I wouldn't be that surprised). I don't even remember Trump pretending to be Mr Virtue. But I do know that Trump is fighting for me and every other regular guy in America.  And no one believes Hilary would lift a finger for anyone other than herself. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 10

21 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Hey we partially agree.  Trump was as happy to hear the Russian spin as Hilary was to pay for it. But for a few brave voters in Wisconsin and Pennsylvannia we would never know the Obama administration was spying on Trump.  Right minded individuals dismissed it as one of Trump's ramblings, until it was true. 

I don't actually think Trump is above the crimes known to the Clinton machine (I haven't heard if Trump ever destroyed a hard drive or blamed his casualties on a youtube video, but I wouldn't be that surprised). I don't even remember Trump pretending to be Mr Virtue. But I do know that Trump is fighting for me and every other regular guy in America.  And no one believes Hilary would lift a finger for anyone other than herself. 

Oh you poor thing, bless your heart.

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

Now this is a good troll. You almost had me. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LMAO

Trump only fights for himself you dumb motherfucker.  You still don’t see that?  

Dotard's voters live in a world where Donald the Brave is mounted on his lily white steed and is fighting for them 24/7/365. He won't stop until the mission to help every downtrodden and disenfranchised white man and woman live like it's 1959 again is complete.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

Trump uses his golf club as a sword of Justice, his Twitter account as a shattering voice of Truth, purging those who he himself appointed as to drain the swamp. All in the name of the common man. Presidential in a way that is at such another level that it could almost seem god like and causes fear for all libtards. 

Did I get that right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

That's cute.

23 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Eat a dick. Seriously. Fucking enabler.

It's incredible in a very odd way to see how they think. Trumpkins really believe this stuff as being the truth. I did not ever think I would see a day where millions of Americans could get brainwashed in such a way as to support someone like this no matter what he does or says, but here we are. 

15 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

It's incredible in a very odd way to see how they think. Trumpkins really believe this stuff as being the truth. I did not ever think I would see a day where millions of Americans could get brainwashed in such a way as to support someone like this no matter what he does or says, but here we are. 

Well when you let idiotic shit fester and don't nip it in the bud, this is the result.

Tbf, it's hard to stay on top of it all. Nutter virgin weirdo nationalists will always creep up in some way or another. We just let this get out of hand.

I blame the internet.

Edited by Pam Cummings

So where do we stand now?  What are the Mensch-ites, or others, predicting wrt PotUS Trump and family? 

• NY State going to get him/them after he is kicked out of office in Jan '20?  (give specific predictions)
  • Re-elected so not gone till '24?  (expound on your thoughts on this)
  • Impeached before Jan '20?(tell us when and on what specifically)
  • Trump Jr or others in family convicted of something?(tell us what you predict)
  • Other?(please list specifics)

Putting this in here because the potential aftermath of the Mueller report is still alive wrt Congressional inquiry/interviews/etc.

What say you?

I’ve always felt Trump and his family would get away with everything while throwing whoever is necessary under the bus to do so.

If he doesn’t die or resign before the next election, Trump loses 2020, resignation prior to 2021 inauguration for a Pence blanket pardon.

He will buy his way out of the state crime charges. 

Pep talk thread for the anti-Trump crowd:

One of the Trump’s authoritarian goals is to exhaust us so thoroughly that we surrender. He seeks to sap our strength, our courage, our faith in the goodness of our fellow Americans. We must not let him.

So often I see this: “No one is doing anything.” Or, “He is never held accountable.” Or, “He was already won.” 

This is defeatist talk, and while I understand how anyone could have these thoughts—I do, too, sometimes—we must recognize that they are falsehoods.

Manafort, Trump’s campaign chair, is in prison. Cohen, Trump’s longtime attorney & bagman, is in prison. Mike Flynn, Trump’s seditious ex-natsec adviser, is going to prison. Roger Stone will soon join them. Assange is in custody in the UK. That is not “nothing.”

It is extremely frustrating that Jared Kushner has not been indicted—even for one of his many crimes. Junior, same thing. That this has not yet happened doesn’t mean it never will.

There are FOURTEEN ongoing investigations in the Mueller Report. There are a number of cases farmed out to various US attorneys. And we know nothing of the CI investigation. However much McConnell & Graham want us to "move on," this is NOT going away until justice is served.

Try as he might, Barr cannot make this all go poof. Congress is too powerful. What did Pelosi say last week? “The power of the Speaker is awesome.” She knows how to wield this power. So do Nadler and Schiff and Waters and, one hopes, Neal.

Trump has controlled the narrative on the Russia investigation for more than two years. Mueller hasn’t said ONE WORD about the investigation, ceding the airwaves to Trump. When RSMIII testifies, that will change the narrative—forever.

Right now, Trump is trying to delay. It’s the only tactic he has left, aside from the usual fear-based BS. When fines are levied against those held in contempt of Congress—or, better, when the contemptibles are arrested—the cracks in the glass will be too much.

Check the numbers now for impeachment. They are already high—and again, Mueller has not said a word; Barr cock-blocked the release of the report; Trump & his minions lie & lie & lie, with hardly any pushback from the supine MSM, which merrily trots out his lies as headlines.

What happens when the truth comes out—on TV, over and over again, in a way that makes Trump’s complicity undeniable? Even Fox News will repudiate him, which will end him.

But back to the politics of fear. Another thing I keep hearing: “We have to nominate someone who can beat Trump.” And that person is almost always an old white man, whether Bernie or Biden. 

Reality check: ANY OF THE CANDIDATES WILL BEAT TRUMP.

My first thought after reading the Mueller Report was, “Well, this means Trump can’t run again, at the very least.” He can’t go on a debate stage, because he will be humiliated and have to answer for his crimes. How can he run a campaign? NO COLLUSION is not a slogan, FFS.

Oh, right, I can hear you naysayers: “The Russians and Facebook will make sure he has the votes.” 

Again, reality check: This worked in 2016, in what was a perfect storm of an election, and he still only managed to eke out the meagerest of wins via the EC. HRC trounced him.

Reverse those 77k votes in those three Russian-sabotaged states, and HRC wins in a landslide. THEY CAN ONLY CHEAT IF THE TOTALS ARE CLOSE. 

And guys? IT WON’T BE CLOSE. No matter the candidate, it won’t be close.

“But impeachment will harden his base.” Great! Let them harden! They are less than a quarter of the voting public, and they can all go fuck themselves. We don’t need their votes to win. It makes no sense to try and sway these people.

McDonald’s doesn’t base its marketing strategy on luring in healthfood fanatics. There are some people who will never eat fast food, they know that, so they don’t waste their time and money trying. This is how Dems need to think.

We need a centrist candidate” is another thing I hear. 

Reality check: aside from the darlings of the Russian bot farms (cough Bernie cough Tulsi), ALL of the Dems are “centrist,” relative to the retrograde Handmaid’s Tale of the current GOP.

The most “progressive” of the Dems is probably Elizabeth Warren. She has a great plan for healthcare and also one to alleviate student debt. These are things almost all Americans want! How is catering to the desires of almost the entire country not "centrist?"

This is code for “we need a white man, because only a white man can win.” 

Reality check: we don’t, and that’s not true. The country is half female. A quarter of the population is non-white. That’s the party right there, and that’s more than enough to beat Trump.

Look, Joe Biden seems like a genuinely nice guy and a good person. No doubt he could beat Trump, and be a better president than Trump. 

Reality check: that last sentence is true of ANY non-Russian-bot-farm candidate.

Nominating Joe Biden is a panic move. It’s something we feel like we “should” do because we are afraid someone better won’t beat Trump. 

REALITY CHECK: Joe is too old, has too much baggage. There are far superior candidates who would make far superior presidents.

This is what I’M afraid of: Dems panic-nominate Handsy Joe. Trump bails, because of his legal woes, and GOP run Nikki Haley. We have an old white man against a middle-aged woman—and we’re the ones running the dinosaur. Haley wins, and we're doomed.

Have you been paying attention to the horrible anti-choice stuff going on now in Ohio and Georgia? This is a CRISIS. And that crisis can best be solved by the next president being a woman. (A woman other than Nikki Haley, obvs).

I’m for #Kamala2020. I’ve also donated to #Gillebrand2020. Elizabeth Warren, meanwhile, continues to win me over every day. Liz isn’t as flashy as Beto or Pete, maybe…but after Trump, maybe what we need is four years of staid, folksy mega-competence.

Whatever you do: don’t act (or vote!) out of fear. Ever. That’s what Trump depends on. Deny it to him. As one of our best presidents said, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

WE SHALL PREVAIL!

[END]

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I swear to god there was a time when EuroHorn was a normal poster. Now he’s one of the absolute dumbest of the trolls. It’s sort of sad to see. 

Coincides with his candidates, so it's relative. As they devolve so will his drive by comments.  Curb your expectations to blanket defenses.

An under-appreciated aspect of Volume 2 of the Mueller Report is the timeline of events on the obstruction of justice episodes.   Many of them happen within days of each other.  Trump was obstructing justice on multiple fronts in different ways around the same time like a fucking maniac. 

1 hour ago, zork said:

Criminal republicans using their frivolous attacks on bill clinton for lying about blowjobs to justify getting rid of special prosecutors so they are free to get away with being criminals. 

Hey at least it’s ballsy. Ya gotta give em that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

How can anyone be this stupid?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zork said:

So where do we stand now?  What are the Mensch-ites, or others, predicting wrt PotUS Trump and family? 

• NY State going to get him/them after he is kicked out of office in Jan '20?  (give specific predictions)
  • Re-elected so not gone till '24?  (expound on your thoughts on this)
  • Impeached before Jan '20?(tell us when and on what specifically)
  • Trump Jr or others in family convicted of something?(tell us what you predict)
  • Other?(please list specifics)

Putting this in here because the potential aftermath of the Mueller report is still alive wrt Congressional inquiry/interviews/etc.

What say you?

Trump loses to Biden.

Dems prove lack of testicular fortitude and duck impeachment.

This is the Special Counsel's way of saying "there's almost certainly more we were prevented from discovering due to constant obstruction from the subjects of the investigation."  It's not remotely close to an exoneration.
As for whether the Dems should impeach, if the evidence of obstruction by Trump that the report provides isn't sufficient to justify impeachment, nothing is.  The Dems aren't holding back because they're not sure whether multiple instances of obstruction of justice justifies impeachment, they're holding back because they're not sure how impeachment will play politically and that terrifies them.  

Reposting for effect

Pep talk thread for the anti-Trump crowd:

One of the Trump’s authoritarian goals is to exhaust us so thoroughly that we surrender. He seeks to sap our strength, our courage, our faith in the goodness of our fellow Americans. We must not let him. So often I see this: “No one is doing anything.” Or, “He is never held accountable.” Or, “He was already won.” 
This is defeatist talk, and while I understand how anyone could have these thoughts—I do, too, sometimes—we must recognize that they are falsehoods.
Manafort, Trump’s campaign chair, is in prison. Cohen, Trump’s longtime attorney & bagman, is in prison. Mike Flynn, Trump’s seditious ex-natsec adviser, is going to prison. Roger Stone will soon join them. Assange is in custody in the UK. That is not “nothing.”
It is extremely frustrating that Jared Kushner has not been indicted—even for one of his many crimes. Junior, same thing. That this has not yet happened doesn’t mean it never will.
There are FOURTEEN ongoing investigations in the Mueller Report. There are a number of cases farmed out to various US attorneys. And we know nothing of the CI investigation. However much McConnell & Graham want us to "move on," this is NOT going away until justice is served.
Try as he might, Barr cannot make this all go poof. Congress is too powerful. What did Pelosi say last week? “The power of the Speaker is awesome.” She knows how to wield this power. So do Nadler and Schiff and Waters and, one hopes, Neal.
Trump has controlled the narrative on the Russia investigation for more than two years. Mueller hasn’t said ONE WORD about the investigation, ceding the airwaves to Trump. When RSMIII testifies, that will change the narrative—forever.
Right now, Trump is trying to delay. It’s the only tactic he has left, aside from the usual fear-based BS. When fines are levied against those held in contempt of Congress—or, better, when the contemptibles are arrested—the cracks in the glass will be too much.
Check the numbers now for impeachment. They are already high—and again, Mueller has not said a word; Barr cock-blocked the release of the report; Trump & his minions lie & lie & lie, with hardly any pushback from the supine MSM, which merrily trots out his lies as headlines.
What happens when the truth comes out—on TV, over and over again, in a way that makes Trump’s complicity undeniable? Even Fox News will repudiate him, which will end him.
But back to the politics of fear. Another thing I keep hearing: “We have to nominate someone who can beat Trump.” And that person is almost always an old white man, whether Bernie or Biden. 
Reality check: ANY OF THE CANDIDATES WILL BEAT TRUMP.
My first thought after reading the Mueller Report was, “Well, this means Trump can’t run again, at the very least.” He can’t go on a debate stage, because he will be humiliated and have to answer for his crimes. How can he run a campaign? NO COLLUSION is not a slogan, FFS.
Oh, right, I can hear you naysayers: “The Russians and Facebook will make sure he has the votes.” 
Again, reality check: This worked in 2016, in what was a perfect storm of an election, and he still only managed to eke out the meagerest of wins via the EC. HRC trounced him.
Reverse those 77k votes in those three Russian-sabotaged states, and HRC wins in a landslide. THEY CAN ONLY CHEAT IF THE TOTALS ARE CLOSE. 
And guys? IT WON’T BE CLOSE. No matter the candidate, it won’t be close.
“But impeachment will harden his base.” Great! Let them harden! They are less than a quarter of the voting public, and they can all go fuck themselves. We don’t need their votes to win. It makes no sense to try and sway these people.
McDonald’s doesn’t base its marketing strategy on luring in healthfood fanatics. There are some people who will never eat fast food, they know that, so they don’t waste their time and money trying. This is how Dems need to think.
We need a centrist candidate” is another thing I hear. 
Reality check: aside from the darlings of the Russian bot farms (cough Bernie cough Tulsi), ALL of the Dems are “centrist,” relative to the retrograde Handmaid’s Tale of the current GOP.
The most “progressive” of the Dems is probably Elizabeth Warren. She has a great plan for healthcare and also one to alleviate student debt. These are things almost all Americans want! How is catering to the desires of almost the entire country not "centrist?"
This is code for “we need a white man, because only a white man can win.” 
Reality check: we don’t, and that’s not true. The country is half female. A quarter of the population is non-white. That’s the party right there, and that’s more than enough to beat Trump.
Look, Joe Biden seems like a genuinely nice guy and a good person. No doubt he could beat Trump, and be a better president than Trump. 
Reality check: that last sentence is true of ANY non-Russian-bot-farm candidate.
Nominating Joe Biden is a panic move. It’s something we feel like we “should” do because we are afraid someone better won’t beat Trump. 
REALITY CHECK: Joe is too old, has too much baggage. There are far superior candidates who would make far superior presidents.
 This is what I’M afraid of: Dems panic-nominate Handsy Joe. Trump bails, because of his legal woes, and GOP run Nikki Haley. We have an old white man against a middle-aged woman—and we’re the ones running the dinosaur. Haley wins, and we're doomed.
Have you been paying attention to the horrible anti-choice stuff going on now in Ohio and Georgia? This is a CRISIS. And that crisis can best be solved by the next president being a woman. (A woman other than Nikki Haley, obvs).
I’m for #Kamala2020. I’ve also donated to #Gillebrand2020. Elizabeth Warren, meanwhile, continues to win me over every day. Liz isn’t as flashy as Beto or Pete, maybe…but after Trump, maybe what we need is four years of staid, folksy mega-competence.
Whatever you do: don’t act (or vote!) out of fear. Ever. That’s what Trump depends on. Deny it to him. As one of our best presidents said, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
WE SHALL PREVAIL!
[END]

That’s a lotta sunshine, but I hope they’re right...