The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

But why is the NYT acting like this molehill of nefarious motives is a mountain?

Not sure how they’re doing that but a year later, Trump’s firing of Comey is still producing new juicy details into the biggest scandal, probably ever.

I’d also speculate sources on this new information are most likely McCabe’s attorney and maybe McGahn’s.

It appears Rosenstein isn’t going to recuse himself unless Mueller requests him to recuse. probably a slim chance of that happening.

You also have to take into account Jeff Sessions role in this conspiracy to obstruct justice. He was the one that bridged the gap between Rosenstein and Trump on the Comey memo.

I look to see McGahn depart from the White House over the next month and leave everything to Flood.

Sessions and Rosenstein appear to be a team in holding down the Justice Dept and not quitting, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a suicide pact or at least an agreement that Sessions would resign if Rosenstein got fired.  

Sessions and Rosenstein are showing a lot guts in staying because it would be incredibly easy for either to just walk away from this disaster and take a cushy lobbying job, I’m sure they’ve both received incredible offers recently.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Mueller should have rented office space in a Trump property.  That's a guaranteed way to get Trump and his merry band of idiots to not say a thing about government spending.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 4

I've decided "[xxx], Ph.D." is the equivalent of telling people you are in Mensa.  Sort of a sad "I am a somebody!" plea. No offense to phdhorn.

A guy in a cubical next to mine is a PhD and retired army colonel...nice enough guy but just wants to lecture/teach others as opposed to actually producing within the role he was hired for.

But what irks me is he always introduces himself as colonel on the phone. I fully comprehend the career excellence, dedication and devotion to your country to achieve that rank in our military. I guess it bothers me as my father retired full bird as well...I was literally running circles in my yard when he told me he passed the board for colonel-select...but you’d never know unless you explicitly asked him and even then I don’t know if he’d tell you his rank. That’s the kind of humility I greatly respect.

13 minutes ago, Homercles said:

A guy in a cubical next to mine is a PhD and retired army colonel...nice enough guy but just wants to lecture/teach others as opposed to actually producing within the role he was hired for.

But what irks me is he always introduces himself as colonel on the phone. I fully comprehend the career excellence, dedication and devotion to your country to achieve that rank in our military. I guess it bothers me as my father retired full bird as well...I was literally running circles in my yard when he told me he passed the board for colonel-select...but you’d never know unless you explicitly asked him and even then I don’t know if he’d tell you his rank. That’s the kind of humility I greatly respect.

Any guy who always announces himself as a colonel when not really necessary may or may not really be one but in fact diminishes himself to something less. 

• Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Any guy who always announces himself as a colonel when not really necessary may or may not really be one but in fact diminishes himself to something less. 

Don't you dare tell me that Colonel Sanders was something less!  I won't have it!

Next thing, you are going to start disparaging Captain Crunch.  He's a fine man who deserves better!

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse
  • Like 2

Yeah, it seems almost every time I go to the Seychelles for a little R&R I end up running into a shitload of people I know, and usually some Russians, too.  It's frustrating.  I'm gonna have to pick somewhere more obscure and out of the way soon.

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s lawyers have for months quietly waged a campaign to keep the special counsel from trying to force him to answer questions in the investigation into whether he obstructed justice, asserting that he cannot be compelled to testify and arguing in a confidential letter that he could not possibly have committed obstruction because he has unfettered authority over all federal investigations.

In a brash assertion of presidential power, the 20-page letter — sent to the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, and obtained by The New York Times — contends that the president cannot illegally obstruct any aspect of the investigation into Russia’s election meddling because the Constitution empowers him to, “if he wished, terminate the inquiry, or even exercise his power to pardon.”

[Read the annotated letter here.] 

Mr. Trump’s lawyers fear that if he answers questions, either voluntarily or in front of a grand jury, he risks exposing himself to accusations of lying to investigators, a potential crime or impeachable offense.

Mr. Trump’s broad interpretation of executive authority is novel and is likely to be tested if a court battle ensues over whether he could be ordered to answer questions. It is unclear how that fight, should the case reach that point, would play out. A spokesman for Mr. Mueller declined to comment.

"Executive authority".

Remember the hysteria over President Obama allegedly issuing an historical number of executive orders?  Yeah, let's look at that.  It turns out that Obama's average issued EO's per year was the lowest since Grover Cleveland's first term.  Grover.  Fucking.  Cleveland.  

Trump is outpacing Obama by 54% to date.

I know, fake news, false facts, DO SOMETHING!!!

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Executive authority".

Remember the hysteria over President Obama allegedly issuing an historical number of executive orders?  Yeah, let's look at that.  It turns out that Obama's average issued EO's per year was the lowest since Grover Cleveland's first term.  Grover.  Fucking.  Cleveland.  

One of the more idiotic pretexts for opposing Obama was he was running roughshod over the Constitution and exhibiting authoritarian tendencies, the exception of course being when Putin, an actual authoritarian, was annexing the Crimea. In that case the Fox narrative turned on a dime: Obama was weak and ineffectual while Putin was bold and decisive. 

Image result

48 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's the "art" of some knob-slobbering Trumpkin who has made it his life's calling to create shitty pseudo-historical paintings of things that never happened.

Is that the same guy who did the painting of Jesus delivering the Constitution to our founding fathers? That one was filled with just about every right wing cliche in the book. 

56 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Is that the same guy who did the painting of Jesus delivering the Constitution to our founding fathers? That one was filled with just about every right wing cliche in the book. 

Why doesn't that bum pick up all that cash laying around at least treat himself to a bottle of hooch? There could be enough down there for a night in a flophouse too. 

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

The President's own legal team are announcing that there is no possible way for the President to truthfully answer a series of questions

And, that whatever answers he gives are truthful because he is the president. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Executive authority".

Just wait until Democrats control the house. Trump will be legislating by executive order.

2 hours ago, Tennesseehorn said:

Except that ain’t happening.  The dems/commies/maoists/reds won’t control shit.  

I'm surprised you can enunciate that clearly with Trump's dick in your mouth. 

15 hours ago, Chooky said:

The President's own legal team are announcing that there is no possible way for the President to truthfully answer a series of questions

That’s what happens when you hire people who marry their cousins and who claim they’re “America’s Mayor”. 

You expect the cousin marriage in Alabama, not New York. 

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Executive authority".

I’ve been complaining about executive overreach since bush’s first term. I believe Obama used signing statements / executive memoranda more than executive orders, and those are harder to keep track of. They appear to carry the same legal authority.  In any case, I continue to hope Congress will reign in the incessant concentration of power in the executive branch,  but I won’t hold my breath 

An executive memorandum is essentially an executive order. The difference: An executive memorandum does not have an established process for how the president issues it. Memoranda do not have to be submitted to the Federal Register and are therefore harder to track. President Obama utilized executive memorandum at least 407 times, including on DACA (the immigration policy)gun control and the overtime rule.

Arguably his 3 most controversial uses of executive authority are not included in his 277 executive orders

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/cheat-sheet-executive-orders-memorandums-proclamations