The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

48 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

It is amazing that people exist that absolutely believe something based on zero actual knowledge.  

Religions count on billions of people to be like that as do most politicians, but Republicans especially.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I didn’t do it

but if I did, nothing came out of it

but if something did, it’s not illegal 

The sad part is Trump's base eats this stuff up. 

Beyond the political nature of all this I'm always asking myself can people really be this dumb to believe this shit? 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Beyond the political nature of all this I'm always asking myself can people really be this dumb to believe this shit? 

TexAgs and lots of Okies like Trump.  So yeah, they can be that dumb.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sheeeit said:

I am not even sure where to put this stuff anymore.  Been wanting to post this after the recent trade stuff with the EU. 

One of you conspiracy/russia guys is going to have to explain to me how Putin has Trump as his bitch while Trump is pressuring Europe to import more LNG from the US and is using access to all things US (our markets, our military, our expertise etc) to do it.

There is no single bigger harm to Russia/Putin than a decline in their natural gas sales.  It is the life blood of their entire economy and Putin's power.  Any action by the US to curb its influence is a massive threat to them.  Something like 65% of russian exports are oil and gas.  Oil is already such a global commodity that russia profits no more or no less than anyone else but, natural gas is very different.  Russia's pipeline system gives them an almost monopoly on selling natural gas in the region.  Their profits from natural gas are actually higher than that from oil.  

It's an interesting subject.  But, I think right now Trump's main focus is pretending to win the trade war.  US LNG shipments to Europe are not that impactful on Russian natural gas sales.

Politco

Nord Stream 2 is also an interesting subject.  Richard Burt was lobbying for it and obviously had access to Trump's foreign policy team during the campaign, and appears to have had influence on Trump's pro-Russian stance. In May, the administration suggested it might be subject to sanctions.  In June, they indicated it would not be.  In July, Trump made his comments about Germany importing gas, which I think was directed at Nord Stream 2 as much as anything.

Who knows what the fuck is going on there, but I'll speculate.  Possibilities that are line with overall narrative that Trump is compromised:

1. Trump was dangling it as leverage with Putin.  I don't think Trump see himself as Putin's bitch.  So, shortly before going into his private meeting with Putin, he let's it known that he is willing to attack something that would affect Putin.  Looking at their respective demeanor coming out of the meeting, I don't think it worked. 

2. Trump was dangling it as leverage with the Europeans, for negotiations on the trade and NATO.  Europeans companies, including Royal Dutch Shell, have a lot money invested in the construction project.  It will take a chunk if the US nukes it.  Trump really likes to bluff.

3. Trump was using it to pushing cracks in the European alliances.  It is very controversial amongst the European countries.  If Trump is working for Russian interests, pushing those fault lines is useful. Particularly if Putin knows the US will eventually let it fly. 

4. Trump really doesn't know what he is doing.  One of his advisors, maybe Bolton, told him that this was an instance of German hypocrisy, and Trump ran with it without understanding the implications.

Do you just blank out and forget about Swam's existence during those times?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I forgot the last line:

“and if it was illegal, at least Hillary is not President”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tuco said:

It's an interesting subject.  But, I think right now Trump's main focus is pretending to win the trade war.  US LNG shipments to Europe are not that impactful on Russian natural gas sales.

Politco

Nord Stream 2 is also an interesting subject.  Richard Burt was lobbying for it and obviously had access to Trump's foreign policy team during the campaign, and appears to have had influence on Trump's pro-Russian stance. In May, the administration suggested it might be subject to sanctions.  In June, they indicated it would not be.  In July, Trump made his comments about Germany importing gas, which I think was directed at Nord Stream 2 as much as anything.

Who knows what the fuck is going on there, but I'll speculate.  Possibilities that are line with overall narrative that Trump is compromised:

1. Trump was dangling it as leverage with Putin.  I don't think Trump see himself as Putin's bitch.  So, shortly before going into his private meeting with Putin, he let's it known that he is willing to attack something that would affect Putin.  Looking at their respective demeanor coming out of the meeting, I don't think it worked. 

2. Trump was dangling it as leverage with the Europeans, for negotiations on the trade and NATO.  Europeans companies, including Royal Dutch Shell, have a lot money invested in the construction project.  It will take a chunk if the US nukes it.  Trump really likes to bluff.

3. Trump was using it to pushing cracks in the European alliances.  It is very controversial amongst the European countries.  If Trump is working for Russian interests, pushing those fault lines is useful. Particularly if Putin knows the US will eventually let it fly. 

4. Trump really doesn't know what he is doing.  One of his advisors, maybe Bolton, told him that this was an instance of German hypocrisy, and Trump ran with it without understanding the implications.

Simply, I think it is/was a strawman.  Trump could look like he was acting tough against both Russia and trying to punk Merkel, all the while knowing nothing would come out of it, the pipeline will go on as planned and the only thing of consequence is more damage to our relationships with our allies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

So it's apparent the Trump campaign colluded and they are going to argue the legality of it all. How does the MAGA army feel about this?

Spoiler:  they don't care.  They'll buy whatever inane bullshit their orange god is spewing.

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

So it's apparent the Trump campaign colluded and they are going to argue the legality of it all. How does the MAGA army feel about this?

Ding ding ding.

We've officially moved from "I didn't do it" to "so what? it's not illegal. show me where it's against the law."

By September, we will move full circle back to "Hillary did it too."

Just now, lemonlime said:

Spoiler:  they don't care.  They'll buy whatever inane bullshit their orange god is spewing.

Yep. They are sycophants and as long as he pushes their white-nationalism and hatred towards anything else, they will follow him until the end of the earth if it means "those dern lib'rals don't get their way."

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ding ding ding.

We've officially moved from "I didn't do it" to "so what? it's not illegal. show me where it's against the law."

By September, we will move full circle back to "Hillary did it too."

"Barack Hussein Obama made me commit treason!"

28 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Maga crowd is glad Trump committed treason to defeat evil Hillary.

They never gave a shit about this country, only fucking other people over is what matters because winning.

They’re basically Putin loyalists ideologically.

Let that sink in.

DjUY3s7V4AUZUzG?format=jpg&name=900x900

Truth. Russia's strategy is bring down everyone else to their level because they cannot rise anymore with the current global framework. MAGA army is the same, bring everyone down by any means necessary because their ideals are no longer valid in today's society. 

Christina Wilkie @christinawilkie 

NEW: Giuliani just moved the goal posts in 2 big ways on Fox & CNN :
1. He's no longer claiming Trump didn't collude with Russia. He's claiming "collusion is not a crime."
 2. He's not saying Trump did not know abt 2016 Russia mtg in advance. He's saying Trump did not ATTEND it.

9:03 AM - Jul 30, 2018

6 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Slow motion train wreck

Yeah, but to 35% of the country and the majority of Congress, it is the most beautiful, biggest, best gold plated train ever.  There was never any crash and the train is in bigly magnificent condition carrying riches with the most manly visage ever in the history of white alpha men.

The Maga crowd is glad Trump committed treason to defeat evil Hillary.
They never gave a shit about this country, only fucking other people over is what matters because winning.
They’re basically Putin loyalists ideologically.
Let that sink in.

To be fair, they sincerely believe Hillary was also treasonous. Whether she was, or to what extent, is entirely irrelevant. The real problem is the lack of ability to focus on more than one thing.

To them, it’s caveman-brain: “Hillary bad. Trump not Hillary. MAGA.” We’d be better off as a country - and they themselves would be far better off - if they could just get to “Hillary bad. Trump also bad. Can someone else MAGA?”

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

To them, it’s caveman-brain: “Hillary bad. Trump not Hillary. MAGA.” We’d be better off as a country - and they themselves would be far better off - if they could just get to “Hillary bad. Trump also bad. Can someone else MAGA?”

The “we’re too stupid and misinformed to not support an obvious traitor” defense is even worse and it’s more of an indictment on where we are as a society.  

This is why Brisket is so fatalistic.  There’s no coming back for most of these people and they will be a problem for generations to come.

9 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

To be fair, they sincerely believe Hillary was also treasonous. Whether she was, or to what extent, is entirely irrelevant. The real problem is the lack of ability to focus on more than one thing.

The problem with the "MAGA-mind" is that it exudes cognitive dissonance and is bereft of the faculties necessary to recognize that in order to truly be great, we must all be great together and the only way to achieve that is through diversity. As diversity flies directly in the face of their overarching belief structure, they will never be able to incorporate it into their lives thus driving them further into the hatred of anything and anyone that is not like themselves.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rudy is now on CNN normalizing crime. 

We are now being told crime is not crime.

That’s where we are.

Back in the 1860s when the Italians managed to piggyback on the the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments, and get themselves treated not only as human beings, but as American citizens, plenty of folks were warning us that this was a mistake (one we repeated with the Irish and Armenians).

“I have no race prejudices, and I think, outside of Italians, I have no color prejudices or caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. Indeed I know it. I can stand any society. All that I care to know is that a man is a human being--that is enough for me; he can't be any worse, unless he’s an Italian.  Then he is a drain on this Great Experiment.”  Mark Twain 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think it’s more of a leap that Gates didn’t corroborate what he knew of the conspircy meeting.

Abramson made a statement of fact that, to my knowledge, he doesn't know to be true.  Of course we can all ASSUME it's true, but like many aspects of this investigation, much remains under wraps.

I think the statement of fact is that Rudy is saying that Cohen is saying that Gates was there.  I haven't watched much of Rudy, so I don't know if he has stated that.  If he has, I would think it's a big deal.  If Rudy has merely said that Cohen said that advisors were there, and then someone extrapolated that probably means Gates, then it's merely interesting speculation. 

6 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I think the statement of fact is that Rudy is saying that Cohen is saying that Gates was there.  I haven't watched much of Rudy, so I don't know if he has stated that.  If he has, I would think it's a big deal.  If Rudy has merely said that Cohen said that advisors were there, and then someone extrapolated that probably means Gates, then it's merely interesting speculation. 

I was referring to this statement by Abramson:

Oh! So Mueller already *has* testimonial corroboration of Cohen's claims (via Gates, who's cooperating).

I do think this horse is dead, though.