The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Trump is either a genius or this is a shit show propped up to keep Trump in line. 

If Trump is impeached, we get Pence for the next 10 years. Ponder that for a moment. . . . Okay, back to the circus. 

Bread and circuses - a tried and true strategy for keeping the have nots asleep and fighting one another as the riches flow out the back door and into the hands of the .01%. The strategy worked for Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, (Ford was a clueless as Trump), Nixon, Johnson, and Kennedy. We are stuck on stupid, as we continue the process with Trump. Absurd theater. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Trump is either a genius or this is a shit show propped up to keep Trump in line. 

Or perhaps neither of these is true, our president is a mentally ill moron who everyone else is trying to manipulate for their own benefit with varying degrees of success, and there's no master plan governing most of the events that are unfolding. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

If Trump is impeached, we get Pence for the next 10 years. Ponder that for a moment. . . . Okay, back to the circus. 

It's peculiar that people think that Pence has no Russia up in there. 

It was Manafort who directed Trump to Pence for a running mate.  Pence headed the transition.  Pence knew what was up with Flynn and publicly lied about it.  Flynn has flipped bigly.  Pence was one of the very first to lawyer up.  The only whiff of Oval leather taint Pence gets will be from a spot under the desk.

25 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Does this look like a dress to you, motherfucker?

e81b12e73983f4fa2397c300d5ef7011--amanda

She was so damned fine....

f6b4c5f2a436864ff523ebaf17f71500--amanda

And then she wasn't....

20150711_102946_Amanda-Peterson-Mugs.jpg

And now....she be dead.

Rough stuff.

Great tangent, though.  Perfect for any discussion of this admin and the political theater.

This whole drama reminds me of the 1993 novel by Dominick Dunne A Season in Purgatory in which a wealthy family with ties to organized crime brings a young man into the fold and provides him an ivy league education, which leads to a successful career as a true crime writer.  However, 20 years later, he is no longer able to stay silent about the murder of a young female neighbor by the patriarch's son who is being groomed to become President of the United States.  The investigation threatens to tear the family apart, unless they can destroy the writer first.  The 1996 made for TV film is worth a watch if you can't find time to sit down with the novel.

f04c23201df9618ccd4b97362538e901.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

This whole drama reminds me of the 1993 novel by Dominick Dunne A Season in Purgatory in which a wealthy family with ties to organized crime brings a young man into the fold and provides him an ivy league education, which leads to a successful career as a true crime writer.  However, 20 years later, he is no longer able to stay silent about the murder of a young female neighbor by the patriarch's son who is being groomed to become President of the United States.  The investigation threatens to tear the family apart, unless they can destroy the writer first.  The 1996 made for TV film is worth a watch if you can't find time to sit down with the novel.

f04c23201df9618ccd4b97362538e901.jpg

Patrick Dempsey was badass in this one.

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

It just occurred to me why Trump and Giuliani leaked this.   The key is when Giuliani said the other witnesses in the room (Hope Hicks, etc.) would confirm that Cohen is lying.  They're notifying the other witnesses of Cohen's testimony so they won't get taken off guard when questioned and getting the story straight for them.   If he did it in a phone call to Hope Hicks, it's witness tampering and conspiracy.   If he does it on CNN, it's not. 

Except they've likely already given statements regarding that meeting.

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

She was so damned fine....

f6b4c5f2a436864ff523ebaf17f71500--amanda

And then she wasn't....

20150711_102946_Amanda-Peterson-Mugs.jpg

And now....she be dead.

Rough stuff.

Great tangent, though.  Perfect for any discussion of this admin and the political theater.

Meth? Or did some Meth head pay her so he could hang out and rather than him getting clean, she turned into a methhead and they lived happily ever after (even though they pawned their riding lawnmower for more meth)?

31 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Tad Devine ran Bernie's campaign along with Al Gore and John Kerry. Rick Gates on the list as well.

Tad Devine in particular.  Gates has turned state’s witness.  How often is a subject or target in an investigation used as a witness?  Because if it’s never, that would be highly noteworthy.

Honestly, hasn't this nation taken an interesting turn over the last year?  I know Brisket will disagree with me, but I think the vast majority of this country was very selfishly motivated and headed towards a path of embracing its neo-conservative roots on governance.  However, this administration like a homeless bum has revealed the flaws to completely selling out its idealism.  In fact, it's the end of this administration that just might put the country back on a path of towards living a fuller life banging an unapologetic sexually active Moira Kelly.

999458_002.jpg

Of course no one can forget the seminal part in this transition brought on by Everett Calloway - someone who knows how to use words. This administration clearly needs more Everett Calloway in its life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, deech said:

Honestly, hasn't this nation taken an interesting turn over the last year?  I know Brisket will disagree with me, but I think the vast majority of this country was very selfishly motivated and headed towards a path of embracing its neo-conservative roots on governance.  However, this administration like a homeless bum has revealed the flaws to completely selling out its idealism.  In fact, it's the end of this administration that just might put the country back on a path of towards living a fuller life banging an unapologetic sexually active Moira Kelly.

999458_002.jpg

Of course no one can forget the seminal part in this transition brought on by Everett Calloway - someone who knows how to use words. This administration clearly needs more Everett Calloway in its life.

I hope you're right.  Look, the analogy has been stated before, but it's worth repeating.  We've got a hellacious cancer.  We're going through a cycle of hellacious chemo.  We're losing our hair, puking our guts out.  The jury is out on whether the chemo will cure us, or kill us.  I've been betting on "kill."  You're on team "cure."  I hope you're right, I really do.

Because I like Moira.

“Fury!”: Michael Cohen Is Mad As Hell—and He’s Not Going to Take It Anymore

There is an increasing sense inside Cohenworld that Trump’s former attorney is ready to torch the man he once vowed to take a bullet for, telling allies about a “treasure trove” of material that he could unleash to create headaches for Trump. “There’s a lot more to come,” he has said. “There’s a lot.”

Read more here:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/michael-cohen-is-mad-as-helland-hes-not-going-to-take-it-anymore

Buried:  Cohen texts Bannon this morning 

Frankly I’m confused by the analogy, but this admin is the flip side of neocon, at least on foreign policy. Neocons are living in a fantasy world where they want to export American culture/values, to the thankful masses. This admin has a “realist” foreign policy where we don’t really pay attention to American values. (At least, that’s the rationale presented. Not sure we have an actual foreign policy.). The pendulum has swung like a wrecking ball.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There is an increasing sense inside Cohenworld that Trump’s former attorney is ready to torch the man he once vowed to take a bullet for, telling allies about a “treasure trove” of material that he could unleash to create headaches for Trump. “There’s a lot more to come,” he has said. “There’s a lot.”

Read more here:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/michael-cohen-is-mad-as-helland-hes-not-going-to-take-it-anymore

You know, it's like Trump WANTS to be a mobster....but he's too fucking stupid to be any good at it.

The mob rules are actually pretty simple -- if there's someone who can take you down, you let them know that you will either take care of them, or you will take care of them.  Meaning either 1) keep your mouth shut, and I'll make sure you and your family are rewarded handsomely for your loyalty ($$$), or 2) start talking, and I'll make sure you can't keep talking.  Instead, Trump just throws folks under the bus, at which point they have every incentive in the world to sing like a canary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

Texags is all over the "but Hillary did it too" angle.

It's cute how dumb they are.

I forgot Hillary directed and approved for Chelsea and Marc and Podesta and other staff to meet with Steele in Clinton Tower to get dirt on Trump in late summer - if it's what you say, I love it!

And that Steele was part of a plot involving the British Government to get Hillary elected.  Let's not forget that Theresa May is a former MI6 agent and that it's long been rumored that Hillary has been laundering money for the British mob.

Edited by kevwun
  • Haha 1

I think Trump feels untouchable.

All the military and secret service around him all the time probably makes Trump feel like nothing can possibly ever hurt him. 

He’s never had to face any REAL consequences for anything his entire life.  

He can just bitch and moan his way out of any problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

All the military and secret service around him all the time probably makes Trump feel like nothing can possibly ever hurt him. 

Well, consequences will never be the same.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He's been right.

He's still right.

The best way around the consequences of the rule of law is to simply ignore it.  He's got that down pat.

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It's cute how dumb they are.

I forgot Hillary directed and approved for Chelsea and Marc and Podesta and other staff to meet with Steele in Clinton Tower to get dirt on Trump in late summer - if it's what you say, I love it!

TexAgs: fully on board with Trump, and with guaranteeing the future ex-Mrs. Jimbo a shitload of money for the rest of her life.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I don't want headaches. I want shackles and chains. I want the opportunity to fly to Washington and spit in his fucking face. 

I favor a Shame Train where Trump rides on an exposed, open air railcar around the US, but then again I'm a romantic.  Run him out of town on a rail.  When we're finished, the tour of Mexico's railways is next.  That's the kind of reality show i can get behind. 

Manafort, train aficionado that he is, gets a front row seat.  

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I favor a Shame Train where Trump rides on an exposed, open air railcar around the US, but then again I'm a romantic.  Run him out of town on a rail.  When we're finished, the tour of Mexico's railways is next.  That's the kind of reality show i can get behind. 

Manafort gets a front row seat.  He's a big train aficionado.

That would be so fucking allsome!  Let's do the whole family and cabinet.  Like a freak show of circus train, each has a theme based car.   Egg and produce prices would soar!

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Read more here:

Cohen on Trump -----

Edited by deech
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, HenryJames said:

b4fa79f7dd39cf1e8a74e4fd6e68b44e55634545

I'm still a few pages behind while trying to get caught up, but I just needed to comment that I've long suspected Farenthold of being one of our Cloak Room trolls. Don't know who - maybe ClearlakenotaHorn or RockportHorn.

34 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

So I don’t follow stories only covered by Fox because they’re always fake whataboutism (ahem, Seth Rich)....

But can someone fill me in on this “HRC used a British spy to get dirt on DJT” story and how it’s different?

I suspect you're a troll but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. 

Everybody does opposition research. There's nothing illegal about it. The Clinton campaign hired a guy to do oppo research on Trump. As a former member of MI6, he was able to use his Russian contacts to get info on the Trump campaign's suspicious activity connected to people close to Putin. If there wasn't suspicious activity in the Trump campaign regarding Russia, that research wouldn't have happened. (Duh.)

The point of opposition research is to get factual info (preferably factual dirt that you can use against them) on your opponent. Nobody uses oppo research to manufacture lies because they don't need to. You can manufacture lies in house. You don't need to farm that out. So the accusation that the Steele dossier can't be trusted because it was paid for by the Clinton campaign doesn't hold water. That's just a political game. 

The Trump campaign wanted to get factual dirt on Clinton but they went about it illegally. The Russians reached out to them, acknowledging that it was coming from the Russian government. That's illegal. They had been warned by the FBI that the Russians might try something and not only did they not report the Russians, they met with them! And lied and lied and lied about it. 

We don't know exactly what was discussed at that meeting. But it appears that the only thing the Russians might have offered them on Clinton were the hacked emails. Not only would it be a crime to accept anything from a foreign government, accepting hacked emails from anyone would be a crime. Hacking is a crime and those emails are criminal contraband. 

So, while both campaigns wanted factual dirt on their opponent that they could use in the campaign, one went about it legally, the other illegally. You'll note that no one in the Clinton campaign ever lied about hiring Christopher Steele to do oppo research. That's because it was perfectly legal and they had nothing to hide.

• Like 7