Election Night setup?

Nice Guy Eddie

I don't know. In 2016 I had a bad feeling and didn't watch any election coverage. When I awoke the next morning I was reluctant to turn on the tv to hear the bad news. 

I don't think Tuesday is going to end anything. I think it's just going to be the start of Trump's legal challenges that will make Bush v. Gore look like small potatoes by comparison. I may just have a few cocktails and watch a movie. 

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

My old lady will be watching some shitty hallmark movie "in the TV room" and muttering about "stupid political bullshit".  I'll wait til she goes to bed, and then watch the late night results with the dog.  I'll text to my siblings random thoughts.

"

e34d0c36-f5b6-4f81-bc25-072051715053_tex

I’ll be watching at home. Was invited to a friend’s to watch with a couple people and eat some edibles, but I need to be in my own home for this. I don’t drink that much anymore. But I’ll definitely have drinks on hand. Was thinking of getting a bottle of expensive champagne to pop if/when it’s called. 

If the weather is nice, I'll be outside watching the stars and listening to music with my son. If the weather or bugs are bad, we'll be inside playing trains or watching a movie. If the mood strikes me or suspense gets to me, I'll probably check in here or AP/Reuters.

5 minutes ago, Mole said:

If the weather is nice, I'll be outside watching the stars and listening to music with my son. If the weather or bugs are bad, we'll be inside playing trains or watching a movie. If the mood strikes me or suspense gets to me, I'll probably check in here or AP/Reuters.

I first read bugs as drugs. Was gonna say, always know your dealer

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I am thinking of heading to DC again to Lafayette Square Park to throw some dirt on the grave of his presidency next Tuesday night. It feels right to be there. 

Damn,  the protestors in DC with a Trump loss would be epic.

Stopped at Total Wine this afternoon. Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale  Anchor Steam's Xmas beer found its way into my cart along with some Heaven's Door bourbon and Red Breast 12. My first Teams meeting on Wed Nov 4th isn't until 11AM. Video will be off.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
Wrong tasty beer.

6 hours ago, lemonlime said:

NPR for the beginning as I'm driving back from poll watching in Philadelphia.

After that, need suggestions on where to watch online, since I cut the cord last month.

If I am sober* I can post PA updates as I have a direct source with the DoS and voter tabs. 

* This is likely not going to be the case, being a reformed journalist and all. 

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Stopped at Total Wine this afternoon. Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale  Anchor Steam's Xmas beer found its way into my cart along with some Heaven's Door bourbon and Red Breast 12. My first Teams meeting on Wed Nov 4th isn't until 11AM. Video will be off.

Mine is at 10am. I’m going to work on getting that postponed. 

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

While I support your decision to pick up some Anchor Xmas Ale, that's not a good reason to forego the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. That stuff rocks. 

And make sure to double check your video so you don't pull a Toobin. 

• Like 1

I bought 3 big firework displays in July for the occasion. Neighborhood is suburbs with 50/50 split.  Wife is worried about retribution for rubbing neighbors noses in the shit.  Have to say that violence talk has made me less confident in my plans.  Maybe I save the fireworks for inauguration.  

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Long story why but I have 2 TVs in the living room right now. I think I will have 1 on CNN and the other on one of the networks. Figure I will be ready to flip over to Fox news as needed.

As for my laptop, I plan to have Cloak Room, PredictIt, NYT and TexAgs (for the yucks and tears) on browser tabs. 

What are your plans?

to wait until about December when this election is decided.

While I support your decision to pick up some Anchor Xmas Ale, that's not a good reason to forego the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. That stuff rocks. 
And make sure to double check your video so you don't pull a Toobin. 
Sierra Nevada Celebration is awesome. Costco usually has cases of it for about $25 which is a steal. I need to go and see if it's in stock yet.

9 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

I bought 3 big firework displays in July for the occasion. Neighborhood is suburbs with 50/50 split.  Wife is worried about retribution for rubbing neighbors noses in the shit.  Have to say that violence talk has made me less confident in my plans.  Maybe I save the fireworks for inauguration.  

You think they’d be less likely to act violently on Inauguration Day...or more?

VengefulCelebratedEmu-size_restricted.gi

NearApprehensiveArieltoucan-max-1mb.gif

FYI, not to trigger anyone's PTSD but here is a timeline of how 2016 was called by the AP so you can set expectations of time on Tues night/Wed morning:

2020 states of interest in bold. MI, NH and AZ were all called after this timeline. 

Nov. 8, 2016 (all times Central)

5:59p: Trump wins Indiana and Kentucky; Clinton wins Vermont.

6:30: Trump wins West Virginia.

7:00: Trump wins Oklahoma; Clinton wins Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey and the District of Columbia.

7:09: Trump wins South Carolina.

7:13: Trump wins Tennessee.

7:26: Trump wins Alabama.

7:39: Clinton wins Rhode Island.

7:51: Trump wins Mississippi.

7:58: Clinton wins Illinois.

8:00: Trump wins Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming; Clinton wins New York.

8:00: Trump wins Nebraska and two of the state’s three congressional districts, winning total of 4 electoral votes.

8:08: Trump wins Arkansas.

8:26: Clinton wins Connecticut.

8:28: Trump wins Louisiana.

9:00: Trump wins Montana.

9:21: Clinton wins New Mexico.

9:25: Trump wins Missouri.

9:36: Trump wins Ohio.

9:40: Clinton wins Virginia.

9:43: Clinton wins Colorado.

9:50: Trump wins Florida.

10:00: Trump wins Idaho; Clinton wins California, Hawaii.

10:05: Clinton wins Oregon.

10:11: Trump wins North Carolina.

10:28: Clinton wins Washington state.

10:33: Trump wins Georgia.

10:52: Trump wins Utah.

11:02: Trump wins Iowa.

11:20: Clinton wins Nevada.

Nov. 9, 2016

12:35a: Trump wins Pennsylvania.

12:56: Clinton wins Maine and 1 congressional district, takes 3 electoral votes; Trump wins 1 district in state, gets 1 vote.

01:01: Trump wins Nebraska’s final congressional district, sweeping the state’s 5 electoral votes.

01:29: Trump wins Wisconsin.

01:29: Trump elected president of the United States. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I will wake up around 5 AM on the 4th (5 PM Eastern on the 3rd) and check online news. Then turn on CNN International when my girlfriend wakes up. Sometime after noon I will head to Tequila Reef where they keep Fox news on all the time where I will drink margaritas and make toasts to our new president elect until they kick me out.

On 10/27/2020 at 12:10 PM, 4th&Five said:

in 2016 i was surrounded by trumpers at a work dinner in phoenix.  not a good time.  this time i'll be at home with a clinched asshole an a lot of bourbon hoping for the best.

On 10/27/2020 at 12:40 PM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Bourbon

Champagne

Jon King's map

On 10/27/2020 at 2:18 PM, BrazilHorn said:

I have some nice Bourbon to crack open and I think it will be a Via313 night.

I think Biden wins handily and there won't be a "hanging chad" scenario from Bush/Gore. I think it is a flat out ass whipping.

This one seems appropriate 

64FC0500-1E20-4E10-8D4D-4ED30C51065F.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2