Texas opens as a 10 point favorite v West Virginia

TexasMan

18 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I eagerly await seeing if our team captain and senior OL Kerstetter can more his streak of consecutive games with a penalty to 4. The leadership he shows in being undisciplined and stupid is inspiring and sets the tone for the entire OL.

Hell, I'll settle for him not snapping the ball into his own asshole when Sam is in shotgun. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

no way in fuck,  i mean we were favored by 14 over TCU and max fucking duggin shit all over us.  It will require OSSAI and crew to be super human again, our offense continues to regress and decline, to the point that sam looks like fucking dinucci in dallas.  Unless the Sam of old returns and by the meaning of sam the old, the guy who makes plays instead of sitting in teh pcket and falling down when pressure comes this one is another moonshine win in austin with a ranked texas  same old story

Sam seems more hurt than $9.95ers are reporting.  Ehlinger has been taking way too many hits due to horrible OL. 

Mensa better make sure Casey is ready in case Sam gets hurt -- DABO had Trevor's backup ready to go by taking equal practice reps.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Hell, I'll settle for him not snapping the ball into his own asshole when Sam is in shotgun. 

I still can't beleive that happened. To be fair to Kerstetter, my pops made the point that he's actually a tackle and that it's unbelievable that Herman doesn't have a true fucking center for us 4 years in.

@LTtxfan whether Sam can play or not I'd be fine with Casey at this point. After one of the awful drives in the 2nd half it became clear that there is zero fucking way Casey could be worse.

I will give Sam credit for not turning the ball over on Saturday.

Edited by ztejas

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Sam seems more hurt than $9.95ers are reporting.  Ehlinger has been taking way too many hits due to horrible OL. 

Mensa better make sure Casey is ready in case Sam gets hurt -- DABO had Trevor's backup ready to go by taking equal practice reps.

How come every time sam doesn’t play well it’s because he has to be hurt?

2 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Watching bits of of WV-K St. looks like they slowed down K-St's passing game and then only allowed 41 yds rushing. Can we establish a credible rushing game? Not just a rushing game to "keep them honest", but an actual "oh shit, here they come again rushing game.

i get asking this question in year 1 or 2, hell, maybe even year 3 of Herman. But mid year-fucking-4 you're wondering if we can put a dominant rushing game on the field against a hungry WVU team? 

d5aa710-1a176d7a-72d4-4e0e-aa5b-324d623e

54 minutes ago, B00M said:

i get asking this question in year 1 or 2, hell, maybe even year 3 of Herman. But mid year-fucking-4 you're wondering if we can put a dominant rushing game on the field against a hungry WVU team? 

d5aa710-1a176d7a-72d4-4e0e-aa5b-324d623e

Less of a wonder and more of a wish or maybe even a prayer. You make the perfect point, how can we be in year 4 at Texas and no one can say "THIS GUY is our running back"(try to freaking stop him). 

Just last year Orlando was happy with making an opponent "one dimensional", we seem to be one dimensional when we step off the bus.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

TCU figured out our OL is 4 bags of shit and Cosmi.

TCU figured out that you can go press coverage with lots of grabbing and you won’t get burned deep.   Our guys can’t separate enough to make the officials call it.    This allows them to commit more to the line of scrimmage, run blitzing, and a spy for Sams running. The biggest problem now is Sam can’t run due to his injuries.  I would think it’s time to pull Sam if he can’t run.  

20 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

The play calling clearly changes when he's not 100%. It's clear as day to anyone paying attention. 

The lack of creativity on offense for TEXAS right now is crimminal...

Mensa or Yurcich are stealing money from The University!!!

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect

3 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

TCU figured out that you can go press coverage with lots of grabbing and you won’t get burned deep.   Our guys can’t separate enough to make the officials call it.    This allows them to commit more to the line of scrimmage, run blitzing, and a spy for Sams running. The biggest problem now is Sam can’t run due to his injuries.  I would think it’s time to pull Sam if he can’t run.  

Annnnd here’s your problem; your “thinking”.  Dude, the Guy is tied with Major in game winning drives. Say what you want about them having to comeback to win or whatever; but to me that speaks to his abilities and his toughness....physic and more importantly, mentally. 
I mean c’mon.

4 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Where would the offense rank of you take out the 8 overtime periods.  

The ball is placed on the 25 and it was a 3 play drive vs Tech and we didn't score TD's on 2 of the OU drives.  So that's only 100 yards more or less total in the OT games.

49 minutes ago, utee94 said:

True.  But he also deserves a better coach.

I want that for him, as much as for myself.

So much this. Sam is regressing and for whatever reason, the only conclusion some can come up with is that he must suck. Yeah the OL is trash, receivers can't separate and we refuse to Bijan. But it's Sam who truly sucks...gtfoh

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Moonshiners Best LB (Fields) missed 2nd Half vs Tech due to Targeting ejection.  Destroyed the K-State Offense this past Saturday

ElwybqwXIAAfnzt?format=jpg&name=large

That tweet above is a little hard to read.  I guess it makes sense, had to read it a couple times. 

Edited by jdhorn92

On 11/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, ztejas said:

I still can't beleive that happened. To be fair to Kerstetter, my pops made the point that he's actually a tackle and that it's unbelievable that Herman doesn't have a true fucking center for us 4 years in.

@LTtxfan whether Sam can play or not I'd be fine with Casey at this point. After one of the awful drives in the 2nd half it became clear that there is zero fucking way Casey could be worse.

I will give Sam credit for not turning the ball over on Saturday.

FUNKO-SAM-ute.jpg 

Yes, let's remove the our best offensive player from the game. Smart. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, B00M said:

Tony Fields the fucking grad transfer from Arizona we couldn't get?!

Yeah, we desperately needed LB's and he'd have started immediately. And when he made the choice we looked golden. Don't know how he picked cowshit-U over us. It doesn't add up. ($, maybe?)

7 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Yeah, we desperately needed LB's and he'd have started immediately. And when he made the choice we looked golden. Don't know how he picked cowshit-U over us. It doesn't add up. ($, maybe?)

Fields went to WVU because of his Former Coach 

"Fields cited a couple of factors that weighed into his decision to follow those country roads home to Morgantown. The first was his relationship with co-DC Jahmile Addae, who recruited him to Arizona back in 2016. Addae's promotion and the similarities between schemes made Fields feel like he'll be able to hit the ground running in what will be a make-or-break year for him with regards to his future in football.  He also expressed excitement about the idea of teaming up with current Mountaineers Darius and Dante Stills, saying "I don’t want to be just another guy. I want to be able to stand out. That’s why I’m looking close at things like the d-linemen, the people I work with. For instance, West Virginia has those two Stills brothers that are pretty good... That’s one of the biggest factors right there, the d-linemen on the team, because without good d-line playing linebacker is pretty hard."

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2020/8/11/21363393/arizona-wildcats-transfer-tony-fields-ii-west-virginia-wvu-mountaineers

On 11/2/2020 at 10:28 AM, sith_horn said:

That WVU D is a kryptonite matchup for the anemic O, and the O line, in particular. While the Texas D front is playing pretty well, WVU should be able to exploit abuse our secondary and LBs.

FIFY

Edited by El Squared

On 11/2/2020 at 1:28 PM, LTtxfan said:

The lack of creativity on offense for TEXAS right now is crimminal...

Mensa or Yurcich are stealing money from The University!!!

Creative plays and wide open offense were seen only in Game 1. Mensanator saving the playbook for Liberty Bowl.