I asked God for healing

To stop the pain.

He said 'okay, Sarah'

And smoothed my brain.

Palin is still alive?

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Palin is still alive?

They got the band back together again.

Seriously, this week has Loeffler hitting all the small towns and the GOP bus has Gomert, Palin, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and a couple of others. Plus Pence is making a few stops, too.

I hope the Democratic Party is GOTV as well; the Rs have an advantage with their (mostly) maskless strategy in Georgia holding rallies. It's dangerous but effective for exactly who they need to get out and vote. The risk is that people will get too sick to vote, but they're going to take that risk.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They got the band back together again.

Seriously, this week has Loeffler hitting all the small towns and the GOP bus has Gomert, Palin, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and a couple of others. Plus Pence is making a few stops, too.

That is quite the circus of idiots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That is quite the circus of idiots.

I was a little taken aback by the Carter criticism. I know people's opinion of him is usually nuanced, but I would especially expect a little circumspection with respect to him given where they are. Or am I giving too much credit to the average Trump voter in Georgia?

18 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I was a little taken aback by the Carter criticism. I know people's opinion of him is usually nuanced, but I would especially expect a little circumspection with respect to him given where they are. Or am I giving too much credit to the average Trump voter in Georgia?

You're giving too much credit to the Republican fuck heads that could give a flying fuck about decorum or respect.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Quoted for truth. In trump land, white votes are legal and black votes are not. It really is that simple. 

If the McMichaels were out on bond, did they vote? Ahmaud Arbery couldn't vote this year and can't ever vote again. I'll be interested to see if the DOJ really does step in and investigate the shooting as a hate crime (GA didn't have a hate crime law at the time but Kemp has since signed into law a bill that added Georgia to the list of states that now have them--it went into effect on July 1).

I have two friends in the state of Georgia. A pediatrician whom my wife met at Abilene Christian University back in the 80s, and her husband, an officer in the Marine corps.

They are, as it turns out, African Americans.

You don't really need to know how they are going to vote -- you can guess it easily enough. I mention them only to point out that this has a personal angle for me -- I am genuinely hopeful that they get to be represented by people who don't hate their guts simply because of the color of their skin. They are both smarter, brighter, more important people than me -- they deserve to be treated as such.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I have two friends in the state of Georgia. A pediatrician whom my wife met at Abilene Christian University back in the 80s, and her husband, an officer in the Marine corps.

They are, as it turns out, African Americans.

You don't really need to know how they are going to vote -- you can guess it easily enough. I mention them only to point out that this has a personal angle for me -- I am genuinely hopeful that they get to be represented by people who don't hate their guts simply because of the color of their skin. They are both smarter, brighter, more important people than me -- they deserve to be treated as such.

I honestly can't guess how they're going to vote.  Black says "Dem," but ACU and Marine scream "Trumpublican."

My fellow Trump loyalists, 

Mitch McConnell today betrayed president trump. Now today and in the future, it is time to betray him. Either boycott the rigged Georgia Senate election, or write in Donald J. Trump’s name on the ballet no matter how you have to do it. Insist on it. 

Support Trump! Stop the steal! 

42 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

My fellow Trump loyalists, 

Mitch McConnell today betrayed president trump. Now today and in the future, it is time to betray him. Either boycott the rigged Georgia Senate election, or write in Donald J. Trump’s name on the ballet no matter how you have to do it. Insist on it. 

Support Trump! Stop the steal! 

psst, ballot