Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

6 hours ago, Captainant said:

Crazy how the christofascist states are already using the Roe reversal to chip away at other rights. I'm sure @fattyflattie is vewwwwy concerned

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/28/alabama-roe-supreme-court-block-trans-health-care

Funny. Didn’t you just misappropriate @Porterhouse position on this, too?  May take a moment and actually read what the posters you want to @ are actually for, and against. 

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

We're getting close to the point where conservatives are only going to be able to say "what? no I never advocated for that..."

Yeah that usually comes before they say “well the problem is that Democrats are in favor of abortion on demand right upon until birth.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Funny. Didn’t you just misappropriate @Porterhouse position on this, too?  May take a moment and actually read what the posters you want to @ are actually for, and against. 

So you don't hate trans people, you don't want to outlaw abortion, you do want some additional gun control measures, and don't think gay people should be outlawed? 

Why the fuck are you voting republican again?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So you don't hate trans people, you don't want to outlaw abortion, you do want some additional gun control measures, and don't think gay people should be outlawed? 

because he hates poors. 

edit: substantiation:

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Because Democratic’s want to end my profession as quickly as they can, and I’m too old to begin another.  I’d vote centrist D tomorrow is money was of no concern, but such is life. 

• Fuck You 2

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Because he cares about taxes more than the rights and wellbeing of his fellow humans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because Democratic’s want to end my profession as quickly as they can, and I’m too old to begin another.  I’d vote centrist D tomorrow is money was of no concern, but such is life. 

Unless your profession is a Republican politician or judge, I think you’re wrong here. How’s your profession going right now? I believe you’re in energy. Seems to be doing just fine under a centrist D at the moment.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh and I’d clarify, I wouldn’t be completely happy with them either. They do dumb shit too, less purposely evil it seems, tho. 

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, sex trafficking is frowned upon these days. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How old are you, 12?  You know O&G will be a huge field for decades, right?  Who the fuck is polluting your news feed?  (Don't answer that.)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, I am in energy as well.  You are a moron.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Unless your profession is a Republican politician or judge, I think you’re wrong here. How’s your profession going right now? I believe you’re in energy. Seems to be doing just fine under a centrist D at the moment.

Glad you asked. Let’s put it like this. Biden’s tax plan would have actually affected me. Entire project scrapped immediate after election.  Now I get to live on half of that and travel a few hundred days a year. And add a decade back to my retirement age. So, yeah. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Glad you asked. Let’s put it like this. Biden’s tax plan would have actually affected me. Entire project scrapped immediate after election.  Now I get to live on half of that and travel a few hundred days a year. And add a decade back to my retirement age. So, yeah. 

So let me get this straight, you vote like a shitty human being because you want to retire, but fuck everyone else's right, right?  

Fuck yourself.  Seriously.  Texags is that way.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, elfenix said:

AOC understood that you're going to have to buy fatty and friends out, which is why she said the bit about paying roughnecks just as much to replant wetlands as they'd been making in the oil patch. 

I’d sign up in a second. Pretty sure that was just a cartoon full of bullshit, though. 

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How old are you, 12?  You know O&G will be a huge field for decades, right?  Who the fuck is polluting your news feed?  (Don't answer that.)

No, not 12.  About 15-18 years from retirement. That’s pretty late to try and find something new to do, though I agree, not impossible.  And yes, it’s a vast field. With a vast array of jobs, pay, and opportunity.  Jobs and opportunity that change with each admin change. What would ever lead you to believe I don’t understand that after being here for nearly 2 decades?   

• Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well I certainly appreciate an honest answer, but you need to recognize that you are literally putting your money over those people's rights. That's pretty reprehensible in my opinion and makes me sad for the children that I'm sure you're raising to be every bit uncritical and selfish as you are. 

You've just admitting to being a mindless whore, willing to follow whoever gives you the most comfort and money. Not whatever is most just and right for your fellow Americans. 

I'm proud of you for being honest. It's the first step to growth. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No, not 12.  About 15-18 years from retirement. 

LMAO.  You're in energy, a notoriously boom & bust field, and you're such a dumbass you haven't prepared for a near-retirement bust (and right now you're living high on the hog).

You're a fucking fraud.  You're mini-baller, but (maybe) with balls.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You can’t make a decent living with oil above $100? Bullshit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well I certainly appreciate an honest answer, but you need to recognize that you are literally putting your money over those people's rights. That's pretty reprehensible in my opinion and makes me sad for the children that I'm sure you're raising to be every bit uncritical and selfish as you are. 

You've just admitting to being a mindless whore, willing to follow whoever gives you the most comfort and money. Not whatever is most just and right for your fellow Americans. 

I'm proud of you for being honest. It's the first step to growth. 

Aside from never really getting into lying,I know too many people here irl to lie.  Call me a whore, I’d venture to guess that by that definition, I’m not the only one here. If pulling the lever for a D absolves you of having to worry about your fellow man, I’ve done all I can do” then maybe I should give it a try. You seem to be at peace because “you’ve done your part”.  Akin to saying a few dozen Hail Marys.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Who said anything about a decent living?  I’ve made a more than decent living since the day I graduated.  

They way you post about the dems taking your livelihood one would think you’re living paycheck to paycheck 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

No, no, yes, and no. 

Taxes. But, I haven’t found a R worthy of voting for since ‘12, and I haven’t done so, yet posters like @Brisketexan and you will falsely claim that’s exactly what I’ve done. GOP has such a serious problem moving forward that I find myself embarrassed to be associated with the party.  I weep for the future. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

No, no, yes, and no. 

Taxes. But, I haven’t found a R worthy of voting for since ‘12, and I haven’t done so, yet posters like @Brisketexan and you will falsely claim that’s exactly what I’ve done. GOP has such a serious problem moving forward that I find myself embarrassed to be associated with the party.  I weep for the future. 

Have you voted against republicans, or merely abstaining from the vote and your duty as an American citizen?

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Please don’t tell me you’re a fucking Landman 

Nope. That’s foreign to me.  I’m into things  that float. 

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

They way you post about the dems taking your livelihood one would think you’re living paycheck to paycheck 

I’m sorry you took it that way. I don’t want to fish on my friends Viking anymore, I’d like one down the canal.  Does that make more sense?

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Have you voted against republicans, or merely abstaining from the vote and your duty as an American citizen?

Abstained from 2016 onwards. If these two parties want to put a worthy candidate in front of me, I’d vote.  But they haven’t and so I won’t. I wonder if that will change in ‘24. I’m not hopeful. You can talk about “duty” all you want; I’m very purposely carrying out what I believe should be carried out. 

I disagree with fatty in that, I don’t care that a certain party wants to move on from my industry; it cannot and it tends to do things to make it more profitable.  And therefore I’m generally not complaining. 

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Nope. That’s foreign to me.  I’m into things  that float. 

I’m sorry you took it that way. I don’t want to fish on my friends Viking anymore, I’d like one down the canal.  Does that make more sense?

Ask your daughters when they hit 7th grade

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Then you don’t seem financially stable enough to afford an expensive watch. You should really practice fiscal responsibility.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bonnieblue said:

Then you don’t seem financially stable enough to afford an expensive watch. You should really practice fiscal responsibility.

I think you are misreading what I wrote. Wrapping your head around spending 25k on a watch is different from not being able to do it.  I’m upset because it’s going to take a few more years to have a place on coast and in ski country.  

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I think you are misreading what I wrote. Wrapping your head around spending 25k on a watch is different from not being able to do it.  I’m upset because it’s going to take a few more years to have a place on coast and in ski country.  

Shallowist humble brag ever

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Shallowist humble brag ever

Everyone has goals, and it’s not any type of brag. I just want to retire early and have hobbies (and becoming less tolerant of heat). That used to be a thing, having financial goals. I have a feeling it still is, but internet righteousness is the new cool. Fuck Abbott y’all!  I’d rather have less security than have that shitbag in office. Wheelchair pun. 

• Fuck You 1