Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Everyone has goals, and it’s not any type of brag. I just want to retire early and have hobbies (and becoming less tolerant of heat). That used to be a thing, having financial goals. I have a feeling it still is, but internet righteousness is the new cool. Fuck Abbott y’all!  I’d rather have less security than have that shitbag in office. Wheelchair pun. 

Elections have consequences 

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Pregnancy should be avoided if either partner is receiving methotrexate; during and for a minimum of three months after therapy for male patients, and during and for at least one ovulatory cycle after therapy for female patients.

If this continues to be the practice, I wouldn’t have the same reaction. But, that is unlikely.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/976370

We will just stop prescribing the most effective drug to treat RA. Both men and women who take it can produce congenitally defective babies, so, while women can be excluded from potentially becoming pregnant after menopause, men won’t be able to cease being prospective baby daddies. Right?

Ha. Men will almost certainly be able to get a prescription. Because the SCOTUS decision was about control, while also being counter to freedom of religion, and precedent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Everyone has goals, and it’s not any type of brag. I just want to retire early and have hobbies (and becoming less tolerant of heat). That used to be a thing, having financial goals. I have a feeling it still is, but internet righteousness is the new cool. Fuck Abbott y’all!  I’d rather have less security than have that shitbag in office. Wheelchair pun. 

Because that what Abbott provides. So much security. At least until it gets cold, that is.

• Haha 1

Give or take a few days, it's about four months until election day. Doing some math, women outnumber men in this country by a small margin. It's time sisters. Time to find a guy who looks to be of voting age and grab him by the balls and twist. Keep twisting for the next four months, which is approximately five months less than one would gestate a human fetus from conception to birth, and if he complains about pain, tell him to do the breathing exercises or find his focal point.  Otherwise, he is free to swallow a bowling ball and pass that. Don't let go until that male has voted for the candidate that you quite handily and heartily suggest will end this nightmare. Coercion? Control? Intimidation? You bet. It's not like we're using the same playbook or anything, right?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sounds like you should buy less avocado toast and cancel your Netflix subscription. That's all ya gotta do to accomplish your financial goals amirite???

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Sounds like you should buy less avocado toast and cancel your Netflix subscription. That's all ya gotta do to accomplish your financial goals amirite???

Haha. Fuck I wish my wife would unsubscribe to half that shit.  Then again, I had life rolling by my late 20’s and am technically a “millennial”. Probably 100%, and I mean literal 100%, luck and privilege. Maybe it was from not falling into the avocado toast addiction.  Who’s to say.  

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

With all that said, you're admitting to caring more about your relatively short-term financial security (and ability to purchase a Viking Yacht) than the security (of any kind) of your children in the future. You know you're basically fessing up to being a selfish asshole, right?

People are far more selfish,  even maybe  you, than you portray.  I noticed you left out leaving them a small sum of money, vs a considerably more substantial sum, from your list.  And it’s kore than that. It’s ability to attend the best schools, live in a healthier area, invest more.   Financial stability goes a tremendously long way in setting up the next generation.  Don’t believe me, there’s plenty on this very site living much more comfortably after inheritance.  Maybe you’ve seen the boomer memes.  Probably like to talk a bunch of shit to those still trying to get there themselves. Sitting up on that perch and talking about how I used to vote this way and that. Used to do this and that.  Ladder puller is the term I see used in immigration.  Not much of a difference if you ask me. And you’re bald face lying if you don’t think people want to end the grind. They may not play golf everyday, but they would like to do something they enjoy/help others etc rather than what pays the bills. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

People are far more selfish,  even maybe  you, than you portray.  I noticed you left out leaving them a small sum of money, vs a considerably more substantial sum, from your list.  And it’s kore than that. It’s ability to attend the best schools, live in a healthier area, invest more.   Financial stability goes a tremendously long way in setting up the next generation.  Don’t believe me, there’s plenty on this very site living much more comfortably after inheritance.  Maybe you’ve seen the boomer memes.  Probably like to talk a bunch of shit to those still trying to get there themselves. Sitting up on that perch and talking about how I used to vote this way and that. Used to do this and that.  Ladder puller is the term I see used in immigration.  Not much of a difference if you ask me. And you’re bald face lying if you don’t think people want to end the grind. They may not play golf everyday, but they would like to do something they enjoy/help others etc rather than what pays the bills. 

Of course, everyone wants to set their children up well. What you don't seem to realize is that you're sabotaging your children's future on the whole.

The expression "pennywise but pound foolish" sums it up very well, except I'm talking about a whole lot more than just dolla, dolla bills, y'all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Fatty isn’t a Republican because they benefit him financially. He’s a Republican because he fucking despises poor people and they punish poor people. This has been very clear for awhile now and it’s exhausting watching decent people keep trying to persuade him to not be a monster.

It's more than despising poor people. He's voting to punish errbody, including his children, except for himself.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Half of America disagrees with you. But ok, it’s all doom and gloom if you don’t pick my team it is. 

Ha. You’re throwing yourself into a pot of absolute MAGA and GQP morons that are too stupid to know they’re voting against their own interests. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That's a whole lot of words to say exactly jack shit. Because voting for a Democrat every now and then prevents you from doing those things?

Of course I want to provide for myself and my family first and foremost. I also want to leave my kids a world better than the one that I inherited, not run by Evangelical cunts trying to tell them how to live their lives while playing YOLO with the environment. But alas...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Fatty isn’t a Republican because they benefit him financially. He’s a Republican because he fucking despises poor people and they punish poor people. This has been very clear for awhile now and it’s exhausting watching decent people keep trying to persuade him to not be a monster.

It's fucking bizarre. To his complete credit he's the most transparent poster I've ever seen about his priorities, and people still act flabbergasted.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

It's fucking bizarre. To his complete credit he's the most transparent poster I've ever seen about his priorities, and people still act flabbergasted.

I could make up a bunch of bullshit, but I come here to read and discuss things. How am I ever going hear the other side of the story if I come to the table with some bullshit.  And I don’t hate poor people fwiw, but this isn’t the thread for it. Surly has done made up their mind on that one anyhow. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Half of America disagrees with you. But ok, it’s all doom and gloom if you don’t pick my team it is. 

Dude, I'm just trying to wake you the fuck up and connect the damn dots for you since you seem blinded by the dollars in your eyes which, by the way, are a mere pittance to the tiny fraction of the population who actually stand to gain from the future you're planning to give your kids. You might as well be a West Virginia coal miner from 1921 who opposes his fellow workers up on Blair Mountain.

Edited by bolverk
pittance, mere pittance
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Yeah, I don't believe Flatty to be a disingenuous troll. He's upfront about his beliefs and motives. That's why I even bother to engage with him, hoping to someday help him see the light.

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I don't believe Flatty to be a disingenuous troll. He's upfront about his beliefs and motives. That's why I even bother to engage with him, hoping to someday help him see the light.

Brisket has already convinced to stop voting, so, maybe? 

Jesus Christ. I’m sorry I’m the trans woman here one of them anyway, remember when y’all had no idea we were here, those were the days. Look, I get being mad at Republican voters - there is no single justification for voting for Trump that makes any sense. But to rail on someone for being selfish for being concerned about his career while you consume the very thing his industry provides is pretty damn hypocritical. 

that is not the reason to criticize fatty. It’s completely disingenuous. I do think he’s overly concerned about democrats impact on his industry - it isn’t going anywhere in the next 20 years. However January 6th is reason to criticize. The Supreme Court is reason to criticize. And as for climate change AOC is absolutely correct, we will have to buy out the workers in O&G with good jobs / training / all of it as it winds down, it’s the only way.  To ignore that is also naive and worthy of criticism. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Brisket has already convinced to stop voting, so, maybe? 

That’s a start. Also, unless your kids are in private school, they aren’t getting the best education. You’d have done better in a different section of our neighborhood.

43 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Radical republicans are anti-American 

MS House Speaker’s mom should’ve gotten an abortion. An ear abortion. 

11 minutes ago, troph said:

Jesus Christ. I’m sorry I’m the trans woman here one of them anyway, remember when y’all had no idea we were here, those were the days. Look, I get being mad at Republican voters - there is no single justification for voting for Trump that makes any sense. But to rail on someone for being selfish for being concerned about his career while you consume the very thing his industry provides is pretty damn hypocritical. 

that is not the reason to criticize fatty. It’s completely disingenuous. I do think he’s overly concerned about democrats impact on his industry - it isn’t going anywhere in the next 20 years. However January 6th is reason to criticize. The Supreme Court is reason to criticize. And as for climate change AOC is absolutely correct, we will have to buy out the workers in O&G with good jobs / training / all of it as it winds down, it’s the only way.  To ignore that is also naive and worthy of criticism. 

You're right. We should all stop consuming anything made with petroleum products. Very strong "and yet you participate in society" vibes. 

He is transparently selfish and in such a way that he has made a conscious decision that his salary overrides abortion access, fair access to voting, living school children, a functioning democracy, etc. He is likely a swell guy to have a beer with, and may express sorrow for all of those things but still votes to take all those things away.

Edited by Serak The Preparer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

You're right. We should all stop consuming anything made with petroleum products. Very strong "and yet you participate in society" vibes. 

He is transparently selfish and in such a way that he has made a conscious decision that his salary overrides abortion access, fair access to voting, living school children, a functioning democracy, etc. He is likely a swell guy to have a beer with, and may express sorrow for all of those things but still votes to take all those things away.

Well, I said Supreme Court and Jan 6 are the reasons. Career related stuff is an unfair criticism. Don’t witch hunt on bullshit reasons. No one and I mean no one has a reasonable justification for voting for Trump on grounds of January 6th and the Supreme Court, voting rights too (which is a combo of the other two), period. PERIOD. The rest y’all are bringing is weak shit. WEAK.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I think you are misreading what I wrote. Wrapping your head around spending 25k on a watch is different from not being able to do it.  I’m upset because it’s going to take a few more years to have a place on coast and in ski country.  

You may drop dead tomorrow 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Well, I said Supreme Court and Jan 6 are the reasons. Career related stuff is an unfair criticism. Don’t witch hunt on bullshit reasons. No one and I mean no one has a reasonable justification for voting for Trump on grounds of January 6th and the Supreme Court, voting rights too (which is a combo of the other two), period. PERIOD. The rest y’all are bringing is weak shit. WEAK.

This makes no sense at all. By his account (and I fully believe him) he isn't in favor of recent SC decisions or Jan 6, the big lie, etc. So no criticism there. But he will continue to vote for those outcomes despite that because his salary is more important. If someone votes for the "beat black people and get a free puppy" party and (again, truthfully) says "hey, I like black people, I don't want to beat them but I can't turn down a free puppy", is it wrong to criticize the result when black people are beaten? Is that weak?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

This makes no sense at all. By his account (and I fully believe him) he isn't in favor of recent SC decisions or Jan 6, the big lie, etc. So no criticism there. But he will continue to vote for those outcomes despite that because his salary is more important. If someone votes for the "beat black people and get a free puppy" party and (again, truthfully) says "hey, I like black people, I don't want to beat them but I can't turn down a free puppy", is it wrong to criticize the result when black people are beaten? Is that weak?

What kind of puppy are we talking

• Haha 2

Meanwhile

“There were no interstates in the 1780s so interstate travel is not a right.” - Clarence Thomas probably

Yep, you’ve got it pegged. All future SCOTUS decisions will be entirely outcome oriented, and so anti personal liberty it’ll make your hair curl.
The irony of the “OUR FREEDOMS! OUR LIBERTY!” party being the ones cheering this shit on….it’s amazing. Of course, what they have ALWAYS meant is “freedom for me, but not for thee.” So, it fits.

9 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

It makes plenty sense. You just want to argue.   Arguing about his salary doesn’t change shit. He’s not ok with those things because of his salary. He’s okay with Jan 6 and his daughters having to carry a rapist child period. Stop talking about his salary and career it’s disingenuous on your part and helps confuse. Either you are okay with insurrection and a coup attempt or you are not. Maybe in 10 years we can talk about the Republican tax plan vs the democrat tax plan where democracy is protected and I can fuck my wife and his daughter has control over her body but right now we aren’t there. There is no justification.  And to argue about his career reasons makes everyone here look stupid. Your selfish about your career. Who the fuck isn’t? Your vote supports the direct attack on democracy, and the attack on human rights period. That’s all that matters.

Edited by troph
  • Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, bolverk said:

It's more than despising poor people. He's voting to punish errbody, including his children, except for himself.

Lulz

As if an authoritarian government can be trusted to respect property rights. He has opened the door to the greatest threat to his own security. 

I agree that FF posts honestly. But, his myopia is on full display.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Y’all are debating 1990s voting motivations, just stop. No justification. Suspend the taxes versus culture shit - we left that debate in 2012 on her emails. 

insurrection.

coup attempt.

my body my right.

privacy. 

the right to marry.

the right to birth control.

the right to exist.

the right to be safe from a gun massacre.

human decency.

Burning the natural world to the ground.

either you are for or you are against. All of those issues there is a right side and a wrong side. It’s pretty simple. Stop debating old debates. There is no I vote against those things because of ______. There is only I vote for or against as those are the ONLY issues that matter right now. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Can I criticize him because he’s a fatty?

Would it help if I told you that username was about a fish, and then I became fat 20 years later?  It does m, however, somewhat accurately represent the current state of my gut and ass. 

38 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

That’s a start. Also, unless your kids are in private school, they aren’t getting the best education. You’d have done better in a different section of our neighborhood.

Guess I lucked out there. Architect was finishing up everything for the next house and I started to realize very quick the board was going to shut it down if it went that way. Good for the nation, bad for me.  Wife no longer wanted to live out west after I started traveling again. So fuck me again. I reckon it’s Karma. 

9 minutes ago, troph said:

It makes plenty sense. You just want to argue.   Arguing about his salary doesn’t change shit. He’s not ok with those things because of his salary. He’s okay with Jan 6 and his daughters having to carry a rapist child period. Stop talking about his salary and career it’s disingenuous on your part and helps confuse. Either you are okay with insurrection and a coup attempt or you are not. Maybe in 10 years we can talk about the Republican tax plan vs the democrat tax plan where democracy is protected and I can fuck my wife and his daughter has control over her body but right now we aren’t there. There is no justification.  And to argue about his career reasons makes everyone here look stupid. Your selfish about your career. Who the fuck isn’t? Your vote supports the direct attack on democracy, and the attack on human rights period. That’s all that matters.

Eh, this is the last I'll say just because I don't think anyone wants to read a bunch of back and forth, but I don't think we are super far off. My argument is that saying he's okay with Jan 6 / daughter carrying rapist child is more disingenuous because he would (again truthfully) respond that he's not ok with those things. On a scale of 1 to 10, those might even be a nine on the "Susan Collins" concern scale. But his desire for more money is a ten on that same scale. 

Yeah I'm selfish about my career. It uses resources and energy and all that stuff. But I also work to offset that in both my voting and giving activities. There is nothing a priori wrong about being selfish, on that I agree.

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

But he said that half of America also thinks like him.

I assume he was offering it as a defense to his position, but it's such a damming statement I'm not sure 

Stop arguing that position. For or against furthering our existential crisis, that’s it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Eh, this is the last I'll say just because I don't think anyone wants to read a bunch of back and forth, but I don't think we are super far off. My argument is that saying he's okay with Jan 6 / daughter carrying rapist child is more disingenuous because he would (again truthfully) respond that he's not ok with those things. On a scale of 1 to 10, those might even be a nine on the "Susan Collins" concern scale. But his desire for more money is a ten on that same scale. 

Yeah I'm selfish about my career. It uses resources and energy and all that stuff. But I also work to offset that in both my voting and giving activities. There is nothing a priori wrong about being selfish, on that I agree.

You need to be more stark. There is no because, there is no because that warrants any airtime.  You are for or against destroying humanity and democracy. Period full stop. To listen or to respond allows the debate to move to whether it’s justifiable it’s not. Stop. Anyone who votes R is voting against democracy and against humanity period. And if you debate the validity of a reason  you start to look foolish.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Yep fuck off with engaging him in here. Fake ass bullshit and crying about O&G being shut down is ridiculous 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, troph said:

He’s okay with Jan 6 and his daughters having to carry a rapist child period.

I’m on record in first few pages ON Jan 6 stating my feeling on it.  I’ll just say I shed no tears for Ashli Babbit (sp?).   I’m also on record with my thoughts on this stripping of women’s rights, and it aligns with the centrist D’s (what we’ve had in place my entire adult life).  I even spoke a bit when it was overturned about my wife’s (unexpected to me) visceral reaction.  I’m not on record on LGBQT+ threads but I’m a big don’t fuck with peoples lives type.  People have misconstrued what I’ve said in threads about tax policy to paint me as someone who hates the poor, but I really dgaf. There’s ~15 posters on this board that I’d worry about how they feel about me (yourself included) so it’s easy for it to fall off my back.    I’ll admit, I’m probably on record starting id prefer a more “conservative” court, but I never thought we’d get to where we are over the last few weeks.  If I understood that then, I wouldn’t have had that opinion. 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m on record in first few pages ON Jan 6 stating my feeling on it.  I’ll just say I shed no tears for Ashli Babbit (sp?).   I’m also on record with my thoughts on this stripping of women’s rights, and it aligns with the centrist D’s (what we’ve had in place my entire adult life).  I even spoke a bit when it was overturned about my wife’s (unexpected to me) visceral reaction.  I’m not on record on LGBQT+ threads but I’m a big don’t fuck with peoples lives type.  People have misconstrued what I’ve said in threads about tax policy to paint me as someone who hates the poor, but I really dgaf. There’s ~15 posters on this board that I’d worry about how they feel about me (yourself included) so it’s easy for it to fall off my back.    I’ll admit, I’m probably on record starting id prefer a more “conservative” court, but I never thought we’d get to where we are over the last few weeks.  If I understood that then, I wouldn’t have had that opinion. 

I like you you know that I hope. If your vote was for Trump you’re on record for the exact opposite. If you vote for Trump or a Republican that supports Republican positions this November you are on record with your vote. What you say on this board isn’t the record you want it to be. The good news is you now know you just said it so if you want to be on the record on the right side vote it in November. And until the Republicans come back to the table.  There is no justification anymore. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5

I like you you know that I hope. If your vote was for Trump you’re on record for the exact opposite. If you vote for Trump or a Republican that supports Republican positions this November you are on record with your vote. What you say on this board isn’t the record you want it to be. The good news is you now know you just said it so if you want to be on the record on the right side vote it in November. And until the Republicans come back to the table. 

He’s not voting. He’s already stated that. Just up thread he said Brisket basically convinced him. It’s about the best we can do for some. My father is one that will not vote democrat. He’s old (88?). The best I’ve gotten him to do is quit voting.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I like you you know that I hope. If your vote was for Trump you’re on record for the exact opposite. If you vote for Trump or a Republican that supports Republican positions this November you are on record with your vote. What you say on this board isn’t the record you want it to be. The good news is you now know you just said it so if you want to be on the record on the right side vote it in November. And until the Republicans come back to the table. 

Can I still abstain? Serious question.  Brisket told me I could, then I got there mentally, then was accosted again (by others)  The trump side of the Rs make disgust me, but I still disagree with roughly 80% of the shit I hear non-centrists D float out there. 

• Like 1