Texas-Kansas game postponed

LTtxfan

Texas-Kansas game postponed

ByTAYLOR ESTES 19 minutes ago

Saturday's game against between No. 22 ranked Texas and Kansas has been postponed. The Longhorns and Jayhawks were set to kick off at 2:30 p.m. CT on ESPN2, but those plans have changed due to the Big 12's COVID-19 position threshold requirements.

"In accordance with Big 12 Conference football game interruption guidelines, the Texas at Kansas game scheduled for November 21 has been postponed," the Big 12 Conference announced Wednesday afternoon. "The game will be rescheduled on December 12. The time and television designation will be announced when available."

The reason for the change of schedule is due to Kansas football not meeting the Big 12's minimum threshold for position units as outlined in the league's COVID-19 protocols, according to Kansas Athletics.

"The Kansas football game vs. Texas on Saturday, Nov. 21 will be postponed to Dec. 12 due to KU’s inability to meet the minimum position requirements established by the Big 12 Conference," Kansas officials said in a press release announcing the postponement Wednesday afternoon. "The position group affected has a combination of injuries and contact tracing. Since Nov. 8, the KU football program has performed 825 COVID-19 tests with five returning positive on different testing days during that time span."

Without Saturday's road game on the schedule, the Longhorns' next game is scheduled to kickoff on Black Friday in a home contest against No. 17 ranked Iowa State. As it currently stands, Texas will then make back-to-back road trips to the state of Kansas, with the Dec. 5 road game at Kansas State and the now rescheduled Dec. 12 road game against the Jayhawks to close out the 2020 regular season.

The Longhorns will now have an additional week to prepare for the final three-game stretch of the regular season after Texas being off last week during the final open date on the schedule. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-vs-Kansas-Jayhawks-postponed-due-to-Big-12-covid-19-154988659/

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

"Covid was unfortunate for the Kansas game, we had some trouble knocking some of the rust off after having 3 weeks off.  The good news is all our goals are still in front of us.  The key one being beating the State of Kansas the last 2 weeks, Hook 'em!"  Tom Herman after getting beat by ISU 35-17. 

7 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Godfuckingdamnit. Wear a goddamn mask. Wash your goddamned hands. At this point, every human should be able to recognize that preventative measures are far easier than being a stupid fucking shitass that wants to be a rebel.

spacer.png

Do you even Freedom, bro?  I'll live with locking up my weapons in a safe, not driving 100mph through my neighborhood, paying my school taxes, wearing a seatbelt, not getting to buy beer until noon on Sunday, and not taking customers money straight out of the vault at my bank...but I'll be goddamned if some Twin Liquors employee is gonna politely ask me to put on a mask while I shop inside for  7 minutes.  How else can I virtue signal to the world what a fucking badass I am?  I mean, I suppose I could do it by living a virtuous and liberty-loving life, but where's the fucking fun in that?  I'm gonna go buy some bigger tires, hang on...

Edited by Lobo

18 minutes ago, sidis said:

to make it even more pleasant, it is two straight december weekend trips to kansas as we play in manhattan the week before.  blech.

I went to the Tech-KSU game in late November of 2018.  Brutal.  Wind chills in the teens and single digits.  Colder than normal for that time of year, but the possibility of such weather exists on either or both weekends

The idea that a Tom herman team will win out and then win the big 12 just to spite everybody makes me fucking L O L! Even that fuck tard futureman couldn’t troll a scenario like that...ok that’s too far...but you get what I’m saying right? The only way to end 2020 is herman being a good football coach so that he can hang on and be a shitty football coach next year. Hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Godfuckingdamnit. Wear a goddamn mask. Wash your goddamned hands. At this point, every human should be able to recognize that preventative measures are far easier than being a stupid fucking shitass that wants to be a rebel.

spacer.png

And quit fucking gathering in gotdam groups of 1000's.

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

BlowU is going to beat okie lite. What happens when oU and OKST finish 7-2 while texas finishes 6-2, assuming Kansas can’t get healthy to play us. If it comes down to win % we’re fucked 

https://big12sports.com/news/2008/7/31/1546006.aspx

the way I read it, as long as we are within 1 game, the three way head to head tie is still criteria #1, which means okie state is out

9 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

https://big12sports.com/news/2008/7/31/1546006.aspx

the way I read it, as long as we are within 1 game, the three way head to head tie is still criteria #1, which means okie state is out

It's pretty clear in the second paragraph.  It's determined by winning percentage.  If we finish the regular season with one less win and the same losses as another team due to a missing game, we have a lower winning percentage and it's not a tie.

Championship Game Participants. The two teams that complete the regular season with the highest winning percentage(s) will be the representatives in the Conference Championship Game.  The team that wins the championship game will be the Big 12 Champion.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

It's pretty clear in the second paragraph.  It's determined by winning percentage.  If we finish the regular season with one less win and the same losses as another team due to a missing game, we have a lower winning percentage and it's not a tie.

Championship Game Participants. The two teams that complete the regular season with the highest winning percentage(s) will be the representatives in the Conference Championship Game.  The team that wins the championship game will be the Big 12 Champion.

Look at example one

We lose one game between ISU and KSU, we're out because two of the four teams ahead of us are gonna do something strange to Coach Herman, they're gonna try and win some of their fucking games so we'll end up third or so.  Doesn't matter if we end up playing @KAN or not.