Texas-Kansas game postponed

LTtxfan

Read the unbalanced section:

The Championship Game participants will be determined by the best winning percentages within the conference. In the event of an unbalanced schedule where there is a tie for the best, or second best, record in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over winning percentage as long as the required number of conference games were completed. If the teams remain tied, the following procedures will be applied to determine the Big 12 Championship Game representatives:

Not sure what happens if a 3 way tie but I'd imagine OU gets in by head to head sweep and then it drops to a 2 way tie scenario

Per the rules based on win percentage there would be no tie, so the tiebreaker scenarios are irrelevant.
Im sure its been mentioned on other threads but I was thinking earlier, some game in some conference in December, they will come down with fake rona on a Sunday morning for the percentage reasons to get in to a cc game.

Godfuckingdamnit. Wear a goddamn mask. Wash your goddamned hands. At this point, every human should be able to recognize that preventative measures are far easier than being a stupid fucking shitass that wants to be a rebel.
tenor.gif?itemid=9097355
Sounds good, but think back to when you were 20. Maybe you were a saintly alterboy, but i wouldnt have given a single fuck about a disease about as deadly as flu to my age group. I'm amazed at the number of games that have been played so far..

The bright side is that we get 3 extra prep days for Iowa st.... a much better football team that we absolutely need to beat.

On the not so bright side, we won’t have a bye week before the CCG (if we make it), and Oklahoma (my guess on who’s going to make it) hasn’t had a game rescheduled yet so they will.

Edited by Dnaguy

11 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

The bright side is that we get 3 extra prep days for Iowa st.... a much better football team that we absolutely need to beat.

On the not so bright side, we won’t have a bye week before the CCG (if we make it), and Oklahoma (my guess on who’s going to make it) hasn’t had a game rescheduled yet so they will.

Kansas will be a tune-up/bye week. We’ll beat them convincingly.  
......and by convincingly, I mean we’ll be up 27-0 at half, then beat them with a FG in last seconds to win 30-27

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Godfuckingdamnit. Wear a goddamn mask. Wash your goddamned hands. At this point, every human should be able to recognize that preventative measures are far easier than being a stupid fucking shitass that wants to be a rebel.

spacer.png

yes I'm sure none of those 100% universally effective things were being done by those involved

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

......and by convincingly, I mean we’ll be up 27-0 at half, then beat them with a FG in last seconds to win 30-27

I still can't believe they scored 24 points in the 4th quarter against us in DKR last year.  Their basketball team couldn't pull off 24 points in a 10-min. quarter at Phogg-Allen.  

Just 5 wins over Kansas by more than 1 touchdown  in the 2010's.  Sure we only lost one game against them, but multiple nail-biters in there as well.  Shouldn't be like that. 

Anyway, onto worrying about Iowa State.  I'm sure the shortened practice week, early kick-off time, and Iowa State being more used to cooler weather will just worry Mensa. 

16 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Imagine when basketball gets shit canned 10 games in because of the hysteria. There'll be nothing to watch yet again. 

People thinking it's just hysteria and acting like it's just hysteria is why things are getting canceled.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

The weather in Lawrence, Kansas is wonderful in mid December, I hear

Big 12 should make it a requirement that all covid-related make-up games turn into home games for the inconvenienced team.  Money talks, and in this case it would say "Put your DAMN mask on and suck it up or Texas gets another million dollars".  Actually with covid attendance it probably isn't that much, but those nachos are pretty expensive so it has to be close.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, EZ$ said:

So...  TEXAS 1-0 this week vs BYE is a better result for Turtle-Tom??  😂

11 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

And if you miss that one you can catch it on the 50+ reruns on LHN.

No Problem --I'll agree to watch 50+ reruns of LHN's introductory press conference announcing Urban as TEXAS new Football Coach if that's what it takes to close the deal...  😁

3 hours ago, dec3169 said:

Big 12 should make it a requirement that all covid-related make-up games turn into home games for the inconvenienced team.  Money talks, and in this case it would say "Put your DAMN mask on and suck it up or Texas gets another million dollars".  Actually with covid attendance it probably isn't that much, but those nachos are pretty expensive so it has to be close.

I can't imagine teams make any money on home games right now, but they would save travel expenses and Covid exposure in away locations.

Covid affected teams should be allowed to make games against available teams. MSU is now available, they suck and UT has been game planning for Kansas - so that's a wash.

Should I PM Derka or the Bob's to get this done?

16 hours ago, ousux said:
On 11/18/2020 at 3:36 PM, HOOK said:
tenor.gif?itemid=9097355

Sounds good, but think back to when you were 20. Maybe you were a saintly alterboy, but i wouldnt have given a single fuck about a disease about as deadly as flu to my age group. I'm amazed at the number of games that have been played so far..

When I was 20, I was more concerned with bullets and in coming artillery.

Please don't take my post to mean a lack of appreciation for each game the team has played to this point. With everything going on, I'm extremely grateful to just be able to have games being played. There is nothing normal about this year, let alone the football season.