2018 NFL Draft

Machinator

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

6 girls? You poor bastard.

I worked with a guy who played D2 football at Pitt State in Kansas. He had 3 girls in 4 years. 

He convinced his wife to try for one more kid (he later confided over a beer that he was hoping for a boy),  bada bing, she's preggo, and gets the sonogram at whatever time you do that.... wife is preggo with triplets. 

ended up with 6 girls under the age of 6.    ouch. just fucking ouch.  He had to move and get a promotion to afford the family costs.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

wtf was that? They really need to stop with the player introducing the draft picks. It's fucking embarrassing to the NFL that this many players either can't read or act drunk on stage.

Jerrah would try to squeeze a nickel out of a Scotsman. 

You bet your ass there's a cash bar at The Draft. 

1 minute ago, RabidM said:

Some big reaches happening this round... players with really limited upside.  Hill really should have been off the board in that round. 

League wide over correction to off the field BS. 

And I think a lot of it is guessing when the player might be drafted. It's probably the only similarity to a fantasy football draft. If you don't draft this player, what's the drop off at his position? If it's a big drop off, teams reach.

13 minutes ago, Artificial Iverson said:

here is the Texas Longhorn NFL Draft Tracker  https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/allPositions?college=Texas&page=1&status=ALL

Dickson still on board 

I'm having trouble mustering up sympathy for Hollywood and Elliott, but somebody should snap up Dicko..proven performer across multiple seasons, no character issues, CAN flip a field for the defense.

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Dicko the punter aside...because punter.  It's a shame to watch Malik, Deshon, Holton etc because make no mistake.....you declare early and don't get drafted in rounds 1 or 2 you lost.  Congraultations, you are now a "second contract player....good luck"

Deshon and Holton might have never been Day 1 or early Day 2 guys. I'll readily admit I was wrong about Malik (and probably Connor), though.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Deshon and Holton might have never been Day 1 or early Day 2 guys. I'll readily admit I was wrong about Malik (and probably Connor), though.

if holton had come back for a solid senior year with a few more picks and maybe didn’t have the character flags I don’t see how he’d get past day two in a 2019 draft, and very well could be 1st round as a 6’3” 205 lb corner.  but we’ll never know. 

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Wasn't Malik projected to go early in the 1st round waaaaaaay before last season. Kiper or Mcshay had him going like 9th to the Saints.