2018 NFL Draft

Machinator

Back to back corners who ESPN didn't even have basic profiles set up for.  WTF?  Hill smoked weed... he didn't molest a child.  There is no fucking way he should still be on the board with his talent.  At this point, the reward WAY surpasses the risk. 

Awesome for Dicko!

The draft results aren't that surprising to me.  It was obvious when they declared that Malik and Connor were not as highly regarded as once thought, but they both still made out fine.  Elliott should have never declared, there was absolutely no evidence that anyone was considering him a top prospect.  Another season like 2017 would have probably catapulted him into a higher round though.  Oh well, hope the younger guys realize that one good year in the Big 12 will not make you a highly rated prospect.  And Hill is dropping because of character concerns, but there's no way he makes it through another year in school, so he probably made the right decision.

One more thought: our conference is toxic to our program's perception.  This is something that seriously needs to be on CDC's radar.

Dudes like omenihu and Boyd are probably thanking their lucky stars they didn’t declare early like their idiot friends still on the board. 

I mean jesus, seriously. Did Herman et al not try to tell them this is what would happen?

Edited by Etexhorn13

9 minutes ago, Nonbryan said:

Special teams is 1/3rd of the game, right?

Yep.  And I look at it like this.  I’d ask a GM if they’d want a player that can get you an extra 30-40 yards of field position in every game.  And then where in the draft they think they’d select that player. 

30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

One more thought: our conference is toxic to our program's perception.  This is something that seriously needs to be on CDC's radar.

Ya, it seems like it really hurt Mayfield and Rudolph and Washington and Malik and Connor and ..... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Something I've always wondered-during the NBA draft there are loads of trades involving players that have already been drafted earlier in the draft, why does that rarely happen in the NFL draft? 

Free agency is a much bigger deal than the draft typically with tiny rosters and huge salary caps, plus they value draft picks much differently. Lottery picks are the only ones worth a shit historically, and they also have the ability to structure trades much differently such as paying cash to offset player value etc.

A legit punter is worth infinitely more than some rando 5-round reach w/ "potential" that inevitably flames out.  The guy who is going to be a HoF punter?  Yeah, that's a steal in the 5th round. 

The Seahawks may have a crazy Truther as a HC, but they're making smart moves in the draft.

1 minute ago, Modessit said:

3 punters and a kicker taken before Holton Hill.

Take school seriously and stay off the drugs until you're done making money at a place that drug tests. 

Have a feeling Herman will use this year as a cautionary tale for when guys get bad advice and want to come out early. Poona is really the only one left I give a shit about.