Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

14 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Yes, it’s a theory in which academia whackjobs sit around and sniff each others farts while telling each other how good they smell. 

Tell me you were a D student without telling me you were a D student.

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Wasn't there a poster here claiming they heard that a kid was being taught CRT at a private Christian elementary school? And that was fact enough to try and shut it down everywhere? 

We're dealing with people afraid of their own shadows. 

I think Sack and I probably know the same guy. The guy I know pulled his kid out of River Oaks Baptist and sent them a long letter trying to shame them. He then passed this letter around to friends, which was of course distributed to a lot more people. He obviously thought that the letter made him look good, but it was mainly shared so that people could laugh at him behind his back. Guy is a UT grad born and raised River Oaks/West U, and has the writing skills of a 9th grade Larry Sellers.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I think Sack and I probably know the same guy. The guy I know pulled his kid out of River Oaks Baptist and sent them a long letter trying to shame them. He then passed this letter around to friends, which was of course distributed to a lot more people. He obviously thought that the letter made him look good, but it was mainly shared so that people could laugh at him behind his back. Guy is a UT grad born and raised River Oaks/West U, and has the writing skills of a 9th grade Larry Sellers.

Is this why he made the Frank Drebin sock? 

10 minutes ago, Foosters said:

That sounds like the story he told, but be very careful posting the name of that church in association with the poster in question. Blacklab gave me a week off for doing so, even though he'd mentioned it before in the past, with the accusation that I was trying to dox him. Others have said he's claimed to be a deacon in the past.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That sounds like the story he told, but be very careful posting the name of that church in association with the poster in question. Blacklab gave me a week off for doing so, even though he'd mentioned it before in the past, with the accusation that I was trying to dox him. Others have said he's claimed to be a deacon in the past.

I have no idea who this person is in real life, but based on their posting history I would have guessed it's a prosperity gospel megachurch.

Cusack can go wheels off at times, but that's a good thread 

Just now, Grade of D as in David said:

I have no idea who this person is in real life, but based on their posting history I would have guessed it's a prosperity gospel megachurch.

Run of the mill SBC from my interactions with Sack.

In case you had any doubts...

Veterans quit DeSantis’ Florida State Guard over militialike training

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/07/14/florida-state-guard-desantis-national-guard-training/

Weeks into that inaugural June training, one volunteer, a disabled retired Marine Corps captain, called the local sheriff’s office to report he was battered by Florida National Guard instructors when they forcibly shoved him into a van after he questioned the program and its leadership.

DeSantis’ office referred questions to Maj. Gen. John D. Haas, Florida’s adjutant general overseeing the Florida National Guard.

In a statement, Haas said the State Guard was a “military organization” that will be used not just for emergencies but for “aiding law enforcement with riots and illegal immigration.”

“The Florida Experiment”

“Governor Ron DeSantis is running for president on the argument that he'll do for America what he's done for Florida. So what's it like in Florida?”

That’s this week’s episode of This American Life on NPR.

I’m listening to it right now. Check your local listings or wherever you find your podcasts, presumably. It will be available here on Sunday at 7 PM CT:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/805/the-florida-experiment

Prologue
Florida is now the fastest growing state, and DeSantis says people are moving there from all over because of him. We speak to people who did make the move, at least in part, for DeSantis’s policies. (6  minutes)

By Ira Glass; Produced by Alaa Mostafa

Act One
Prescription for Freedom

Among the big items in DeSantis's run for president is medical freedom. Producer Zoe Chace wanted to understand its appeal and its growing popularity. So she spent some time in Sarasota County, where one man — at the side of former Trump appointee Mike Flynn — is creating a sort of little parallel universe for this very thing. (33 minutes)

By Zoe Chace

Act Two
Their Eyes Were Watching Tallahassee

DeSantis has passed law after law about what can and can’t be taught in Florida classrooms, starting as early as elementary school. And last spring, Florida Republicans introduced a bill initially proposing to ban things like critical race theory and identity politics, or students majoring in things like gender studies in Florida universities. Reporter Emmanuel Dzotsi followed how things unfolded at one of the biggest universities there, Florida State, from the bill’s introduction all the way to its passage. He explains how professors and students have been preparing. (25 minutes)

By Emmanuel Dzotsi

Act Three
Goodbye Sunshine (podcast only)

Among the legislation introduced by DeSantis that has passed is a ban on minors receiving transition care. The bill passed into law a few months ago. We speak with a teen whose family has since had to flee the state in order to access the care they needed. (2 minutes)

By Ira Glass; Produced by Ike Sriskandarajah
Song:“Deep Down in Florida” by Muddy Waters

27 minutes ago, locodos said:

In case you had any doubts...

Veterans quit DeSantis’ Florida State Guard over militialike training

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/07/14/florida-state-guard-desantis-national-guard-training/

Wtaf?

retired Marine Corps captain

“Then you need to leave and go home!” the sergeants yelled at him, he claimed.

He finally agreed, and a white van pulled up. Not feeling safe, he refused to get in, and he said he would walk to his car some distance away, according to the report.

As a retired officer, he was allowed to use the base. But the sergeants “grabbed him and pushed him into the van.”

“He protested that they were assaulting an officer as he tried to exit the van and was told he is not an officer, only a recruit,” the report states.

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

has the writing skills of a 9th grade Larry Sellers.

image.gif.648b73282eefe300b11aff33010716e2.gif

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

I’m sure there are a whole bunch of rich entitled racists who are deacons there. Need way more specifics to dox

Wtaf?
retired Marine Corps captain

“Then you need to leave and go home!” the sergeants yelled at him, he claimed.

He finally agreed, and a white van pulled up. Not feeling safe, he refused to get in, and he said he would walk to his car some distance away, according to the report.

As a retired officer, he was allowed to use the base. But the sergeants “grabbed him and pushed him into the van.”

“He protested that they were assaulting an officer as he tried to exit the van and was told he is not an officer, only a recruit,” the report states.

Sounds like some Aggie Corp army cosplay to me.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know what it is and I understand why you have a vested interest in its legitimacy. It’s just bullshit unfortunately. 

A few people have asked what you think "it" is.  You have avoided doing so for two pages.  

They want it to be this complex theory when it’s just not. Some people spend their careers studying this, I feel bad for them. 

You’ve proven your idiocy here multiple times before and you’re really confirming it here. This isn’t a thing. 

You need to take your L and go back to the lake and tell your buddies.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, tchookem said:
8 hours ago, bolverk said:
That was the sack.

Poe is the one that fast-forwarded through Last of Us because Ron Swanson kissed another guy.

I can’t remember if I fast forwarded or not. It was gross, but really the show is just so bad compared to the game I stopped watching. 

• Fuck You 13

51 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You’ve proven your idiocy here multiple times before and you’re really confirming it here. This isn’t a thing. 

You need to take your L and go back to the lake and tell your buddies.

It will never be a thing, on that we agree. It’ll be forgotten or laughed at it history books. 

• Fuck You 11

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

A few people have asked what you think "it" is.  You have avoided doing so for two pages.  

No, they want me to say I hate black people. It’s sad really, but I get it. It’s easier to put someone in a category that way. Type crt into google and see if you can make it a full page without bursting into laugher. It’s impossible. 

• Fuck You 14

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

No, they want me to say I hate black people. It’s sad really, but I get it. It’s easier to put someone in a category that way. Type crt into google and see if you can make it a full page without bursting into laugher. It’s impossible. 

image.jpeg.3196389e6f376149b06dc1a973af8a46.jpeg

hilarious 

• Like 2

Just now, Poe It Up said:

I have no idea what you’re searching, but it’s not crt. Or maybe you look at weird stuff, no judgement. We all have phases. 

You don’t know what crt is. No judgement. You are a moron

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Ahh yes, the old "if we can outlaw it from being taught, me and my snowflake friends will all have the last laugh" defense. 

I’m not laughing at you guys, I actually like y’all. My fiends are so much further to the right, it’s nice to see the other perspective. 

• Fuck You 18

200(3).gif.7b482fde875bd6eb6d7b64a6b705c977.gifoh-fuck-off-fuck.gif.1bd74c7c7b5306e5da4452732c475c44.gif
C'mon these are some hot takes we're getting here.

1. DeSantis* should be POTUS because of the work he's done for EDUCATION.... in FLORIDA.

2. Laws that ban teaching and learning some subjects* are good.

3. Emmy nominated television shows are bad*** because they have aren't the same as the video game they're based on.****

*Remember him?

**Keep in mind Poe has failed to explain what that subject actually teaches.

***How could a person know the show is bad if they didn't actually watch it?

****I doubt Poe played the game if this is his opinion of the show, I think he just saw that on some social media reel.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tchookem said:

C'mon these are some hot takes we're getting here.

1. DeSantis* should be POTUS because of the work he's done for EDUCATION.... in FLORIDA.

2. Laws that ban teaching and learning some subjects* are good.

3. Emmy nominated television shows are bad*** because they have aren't the same as the video game they're based on.****

*Remember him?

**Keep in mind Poe has failed to explain what that subject actually teaches.

***How could a person know the show is bad if they didn't actually watch it?

****I doubt Poe played the game if this is his opinion of the show, I think he just saw that on some social media reel.

I made it about 4 episodes I think. Part of it was that I already knew what was going to happen. I’m a huge gamer, well at least before I had children. 

• Fuck You 9

Just now, Poe It Up said:

I’m not laughing at you guys, I actually like y’all. My fiends are so much further to the right, it’s nice to see the other perspective. 

Nobody gives a fuck if you are laughing. You are a stupid ignorant fuck and I don’t say that lightly. Or about many people. You come in here and make glib comments about something that has had life and death effects on your fellow man and won’t even bother to educate yourself on it.

And you are gleeful that demagogues are using graduate level theory to outlaw teaching our schoolchildren that black people suffered terrible physical violence and political and economic oppression at the hands of whites solely based on skin color.

I don’t doubt that you don’t hate black people. I don’t think anyone here is saying that.

Also I don’t believe you have a degree from any four year school let alone UT

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Nobody gives a fuck if you are laughing. You are a stupid ignorant fuck and I don’t say that lightly. Or about many people. You come in here and make glib comments about something that has had life and death effects on your fellow man and won’t even bother to educate yourself on it.

And you are gleeful that demagogues are using graduate level theory to outlaw teaching our schoolchildren that black people suffered terrible physical violence and political and economic oppression at the hands of whites solely based on skin color.

I don’t doubt that you don’t hate black people. I don’t think anyone here is saying that.

Also I don’t believe you have a degree from any four year school let alone UT

I did read up on it, it’s just a dumb theory. It happens sometimes, they’re not all winners. We learned a decent amount slavery etc. and it was enough. Making everything about one’s skin color isn’t good for anyone. 

• Fuck You 17

11 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Like you have any friends 

He probably does have some fiends

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

Making everything about one’s skin color isn’t good for anyone. 

Again crt doesn’t assert this. You are an idiot

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I did read up on it, it’s just a dumb theory. It happens sometimes, they’re not all winners. We learned a decent amount slavery etc. and it was enough. Making everything about one’s skin color isn’t good for anyone. 

Oh fuck off for thinking that you and other Meatball Ron supporters have the intellectual insight to determine what is the appropriate amount of teaching AND learning about any particular subject, let alone a practice that enriched one race while denying fundamental human rights to another.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Oh fuck off for thinking that you and other Meatball Ron supporters have the intellectual insight to determine what is the appropriate amount of teaching AND learning about any particular subject, let alone a practice that enriched one race while denying fundamental human rights to another.

This stupid fuck thinks simply acknowledging the historical discrepancies, some of which extend to the present day, somehow makes him culpable on a personal level. And probably is worried that if little white kids learn about it they will feel bad about themselves because of their skin color.  

I doubt he knows any works by Poe other than The Raven. And he probably only knows that because of The Simpsons 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1