Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I know y'all think anybody who was ever a Republican for 15 minutes is evil and cannot be believed.  But these folks didn't get to where they did because they were fucking stupid---look at the intellectual movement within the party from the likes of Buckley, Will, Safire, Irving & Bill Kristol, Krauthammer, Friedman, Bradbury, and Sowell.  All of them dead or disavowed.  

And less than a generation later, look who is held up as the erudite and polished wing of the party?--------Joe Rogan, Charlie Kirk, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Matt Walsh, Mel Gibson, Jerry Bruckheimer, Dinesh D'Souza, and shitheels in Congress like Greene, Gaetz, Santos, and Boebert.  Never mind their prince-in-the-wings, DeSantis 

They at least used to have the decency to let the thought leaders guide the conversation.  Now that those folks have been run off with pitchforks, we're left with this group of knuckle-draggers.   If you had to pick a team with whom to win an Escape Room challenge to either win $1mm or lose and be stuck in that room with them for a decade.  And that second cadre was your team option.  You would take your own life in the parking lot.  

Human Civilization, roughly 6,000-10,000 years old by all estimates.  For 99.9% of that time, our species survived and thrived because we cast out the people that were either dangerous or stupid, or both.  It was essential to our enduring progress.  And then one day, someone sheepishly raised their hand and proffered the simple question, "What if instead of casting them out or shaming them, we put them in charge?"  

This is how it all starts to come undone.  I wouldn't bother worrying about climate change.  Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

This might be my favorite ever post in CR.  The Escape Room was the best part.

• Haha 1

Yes, it’s a theory in which academia whackjobs sit around and sniff each others farts while telling each other how good they smell. 

ETA: "Why won't liberals on this board take us conservatives seriously?"

I really think that's what you think it is. I also think that you think banning that was good governance.

30 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not fear, I think it’s a dumb theory and teaching it to children makes the dumber.

I once picked up a date and her father was cleaning his shotgun. I can’t wait until she brings a guy home for dinner, it’s going to be hilarious. 

Describe this “dumb theory” for us

On 7/6/2023 at 6:49 AM, South Austin said:

My first interaction with a Floridian in Florida was during Spring Break of my sophomore year of college when I and some friends were driving to Ft. Lauderdale to catch a cruise ship to the Bahamas.  We pulled into a gas station off the highway late at night in a rural part of the state, and as I'm filling up my car a redneck at the pump next to me asks where we're headed.  I tell him, "Ft. Lauderdale," to which he responds nonchalantly like he's giving me helpful information like the weather forecast, "There are a lot of n----rs down there."  I say nothing, get in my car, and tell my friends, "Let's get the fuck out of here."

Got a haircut in a little town near Bend, OR many years ago.  My grandmother had passed, and we were between her passing, and the funeral. Out of boredom as much as anything, I go get a haircut at a little 2 chair shop.  Woman barber asks if I'm local.  "No, I live in San Diego".  She says "we went to San Diego once.  Lots of queers there". 

On 7/6/2023 at 2:27 PM, mchookem said:

no doubt they are more scenic...but i enjoy getting in the actual water, sharks and all lol. i really enjoyed sitting on the beach in CA (spent a week in Oceanside in April), but the temp and waves make getting in the surf a bit prohibitive. 

Next time you're in Oceanside, beers are on me.   And, if you want to buy a house...

On 7/6/2023 at 8:58 PM, Bama Chick said:

lol

How did I not know his middle name is Dion???e3a2b6464239fe87412aadd4f700735b.jpg

Dion was cool as fuck.  Ron's a sap.

On 7/10/2023 at 9:52 PM, atomheartbevo said:

F0tmXUWaYAYoRGV?format=jpg&name=medium

F0tCGaSXsAQXbyA?format=jpg&name=medium

F0uLEEaX0AEVEyy?format=jpg&name=medium

F0ts2LOWcAMWHxL?format=jpg&name=900x900

25d6f6e1ec584ae822a9de9cfd3ea478_400x400

Uncle_Leo_-_eyebrows.jpg

On 7/10/2023 at 11:16 PM, Superhero said:

Oceanside always seems cooler than San Diego or Orange County, but it is just a cool place to hang out.

It's also where I saw about 6 college aged girls in their bikinis who looked like they belong in an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog.

Unfortunately my family was with me so I couldn't creep them. *womp womp*

Next time you're in Oceanside, beers are on me.  I'm there almost everyday.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not fear, I think it’s a dumb theory and teaching it to children makes the dumber.

Tomorrow night, Imma buy Sisu, and make extra popcorn.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Think I’ll be watching it a couple of times.

37 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

So what's the theory? How does exposing children to said theory, which again, is not happening and never has, make the dumber?

That our institutions are racist. It’s silly. Of course they won’t teach it, they’ve banned it and got ahead of these crazies. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

That our institutions are racist. It’s silly. Of course they won’t teach it, they’ve banned it and got ahead of these crazies. 

Yeah, no.

See appraisal values factored by race, and see the fucked up gerrymandering your party establishes that even a bought and paid for SCOTUS cannot justify.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

Yeah, no.

See appraisal values factored by race, and see the fucked up gerrymandering your party establishes that even a bought and paid for SCOTUS cannot justify.

See, I don’t mind if you guys believe this crazy stuff, just don’t teach it to children. 

• Fuck You 6

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Interesting.  I've heard about CRT (not the cathode ray tube kind) but I don't know what it is.  Can you tell me?

It's that thing that some of us were taught back in high school in the 80s and early 90s, about how slavery was bad, and Texas maybe shouldn't have gone all in on saying that slavery was why they were joining the Confederacy when they held the Secession Convention of Texas in 1861, and that maybe they shouldn't have said that Texas intended for slavery to exist for all "future time".

I'm sure it's not needed these days - it's not like there are 40-somethings using the term "colored people" in the House of Representatives during a floor debate here in 2023.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 1

It was 85 degrees with 90% humidity in Boone, IA today.  If you need to wear a cold-weather vest in that kind of climate, you're a fucking vagina.  If you need to wear the vest so people can read your name on the chest, you're not well known enough to even bother being in Iowa right now.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If you need to wear the vest so people can read your name on the chest, you're not well known enough to even bother being in Iowa right now.  

And most likely also a bleeding pussy.

I feel like Elaine when she's talking to the editor at the New Yorker about the cartoon that nobody can understand.  And he just keeps deflecting.  And she finally breaks down, "Well if you could just explain to me what the hell it means!" 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

To paraphrase Hollywood Henderson, you couldn't explain CRT if somebody spotted you the C and the T

Even if he could, he wouldn't. The next post Poe makes in good faith will be the first.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Right, right, right right right. Same rationale for my wife banning threesomes with Natalie Portman. Makes sense. Got to get out in front of these things.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

You think blacks and whites in the post ww2 US were given home loans based on the same criteria? How about in 2022? Be sure and support your answer with links

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pods said:

Even if he could, he wouldn't. The next post Poe makes in good faith will be the first.

I really don’t think he’s bright enough to argue in bad faith. He really thinks Tulsa and Rosewood had nothing to do with skin color, and blacks in the south had no interest in voting 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Dude was a nut. He wanted to cross the drag, with the pedestrian light, and a car, turning right, cut him off. He hit the car with a walking stick, and, when the driver jumped out to confront him, he hit the driver. I think the main issue, though, was he was a nut.

Today, of course, he could have shot the driver and gone into Republican politics, because angry nuts with guns is their brand.

Man I wish I had thought to stroll around campus with a walking stick 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That’s not what the theory is. It was never being taught in k-12. It was barely being taught in a masters program. It’s really a doctoral level theory. 

You’re just confirming you have no idea what it is.

I know what it is and I understand why you have a vested interest in its legitimacy. It’s just bullshit unfortunately. 

• Fuck You 19

I know what it is and I understand why you have a vested interest in its legitimacy. It’s just bullshit unfortunately. 
If it's bullshit and we live in a post-racist America, why are Black Americans still overrepresented in the negative aspects of our society and underrepresented in positive aspects of our society?

Unless, you think that certain races have some sort of inclination toward these negative aspects.

You're not saying that are you?

Are you?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tchookem said:

If it's bullshit and we live in a post-racist America, why are Black Americans still overrepresented in the negative aspects of our society and underrepresented in positive aspects of our society?

Unless, you think that certain races have some sort of inclination toward these negative aspects.

You're not saying that are you?

Are you?

I haven’t noticed that they are, where are you seeing this? Maybe you hang out with some bad people. 

• Fuck You 14

13 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

And yet you won’t demonstrate that knowledge for us

interesting

Because they don’t want to admit what it is. They want it to be this complex theory when it’s just not. Some people spend their careers studying this, I feel bad for them. 

• Fuck You 11

Just now, Poe It Up said:

Because they don’t want to admit what it is. They want it to be this complex theory when it’s just not. Some people spend their careers studying this, I feel bad for them. 

Admit what what is? Go ahead and tell us

and answer my questions upthread about home loans

I’m guessing he’s fairly intelligent in real life but he’s about two posts away from just saying the old cliche, “look, I obviously know exactly what CRT is and who it is being taught to.  But for everyone else’s sake, why don’t you explain your understanding of it and that way I’ll know you know for sure.”

poe, I’m looking at the syllabus for these courses at UT.  They’re masters and PhD level.  If you know of some elementary school age kids taking this stuff, lemme know.  Because that would be a waste, we need young brains like that working on climate change and energy storage and figuring out how to turn off the simulation that is clearly fucking with your head right now.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m guessing he’s fairly intelligent in real life but he’s about two posts away from just saying the old cliche, “look, I obviously know exactly what CRT is and who it is being taught to.  But for everyone else’s sake, why don’t you explain your understanding of it and that way I’ll know you know for sure.”
poe, I’m looking at the syllabus for these courses at UT.  They’re masters and PhD level.  If you know of some elementary school age kids taking this stuff, lemme know.  Because that would be a waste, we need young brains like that working on climate change and energy storage and figuring out how to turn off the simulation that is clearly fucking with your head right now.  
He's a troll. There's no way to know what his level of intelligence is, because he only gives you troll bullshit.

You can give him the benefit of the doubt, if you want.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

You could literally rub Poe’s nose in a pile of shit, and he wouldn’t admit it smelled. These people are either too stupid to understand facts or too horrible to agree. 

Please put them on ignore. On this board, and in life. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Wasn't there a poster here claiming they heard that a kid was being taught CRT at a private Christian elementary school? And that was fact enough to try and shut it down everywhere? 

We're dealing with people afraid of their own shadows. 

That was the sack.

9 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

You don't know what it is, and it is not complex, and literally no person on earth spends their career "studying" CRT, and I feel bad for you.