Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Very. I can't find the thread from the video clip last week which featured multiple pages of the SEC LOS league type stuff, but here are some of the replies to this pic... 

"He looks like Daylon Mack" is supposed to be a good thing?

5 hours ago, golfclap said:

about that. check out the first video from their first practice in pads ...  other than some good laughs (and there are plenty, like Orebo) note that they are in 3 man fronts despite all their recruiting/shit talking targeting Texas' odd front. 

WTH was that?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Random east coast DL prospect no one has heard commits to Aggy out of nowhere?

Did anyone get a bingo? 

Has this kid even visited aggy yet?  Pull an Andre White and commit 4 hours into 1st visit.

It's cool though, they can have any DL not named Broughton, Collins, or Umanmielen for all I care.  Lose games during the season and it's harder to hold onto OOS commits.

15 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Three guesses on the direction Faddy Diggs's weight moves once he gets to College Station.

Those $300 under-the-table Razzoo's handshakes are so hard to pass up.

They keep forgetting to mention that they don't have to spend it all while still seated at the restaurant. 

• Like 1

There are going to be some demoralized Aggies in a year.

Players aren't as in love with Jimbo as the Aggie fans are.

Top players once committed leave and are replaced by diamonds in the rough. 

Their expectations for the 2021 natty turn to ashes in their mouth after a 4 loss 2019 season and less than stellar recruiting class.

Texas keeps getting better and better with the hottest young coach in the country.

The anti-Jimbo faction takes up their pots and start the banging. 

And they're stuck for 8 more years.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Damon Sayles: OT pledge Smart Chibuzo speaks in-depth about A&M, recaps SEC visits

For nearly 22 months, Missouri City, Texas, offensive lineman Smart Chibuzo has been committed to Texas A&M. And for nearly 22 months, he's made sure to keep his recruiting door slightly ajar, making it a priority to never completely shut down his process. Chibuzo made the trip to Texas A&M on Friday, but it was a part of a 48-hour turnaround for the Fort Bend Hightower standout that also included Saturday trips to Alabama and Georgia. The 4-star offensive tackle took in Alabama Saturday morning, then ventured to Georgia for the afternoon.

Chibuzo's commitment to Texas A&M will continue to be monitored, as he said he hears from a variety of schools daily. For now, the good news is that the Aggies still have their highest-ranked lineman on deck for the 2020 class. "Honestly, I'm still committed to Texas A&M, but my door's a little bit open," Chibuzo said. "I'm just trying to see everything that's best for me, but I'm still committed to Texas A&M." Measured at Georgia at 6-foot-4 3/4 and 330 pounds, Chibuzo been a part of an offensive line class that, at the time of his commitment, was expected to be molded into some of the best in the SEC by Jim Turner.

But Turner is no longer at Texas A&M, or coaching college football for that matter. Josh Henson has taken over the offensive line coaching duties, and Friday was the first time he and Chibuzo spoke face to face. "I was just trying to get to know him and understand his logic and how he does things," Chibuzo said of Henson. "Coach Turner, I love that man to death, and I miss him, but he's doing his thing now. Coach Josh, I talked to him first back when he was at Oklahoma State, so Friday was good."

Chibuzo didn't get a chance to take in Texas A&M's spring practice because of his schedule. He visited College Station Friday morning, then returned to the Houston area to prepare for his weekend trip to Alabama and Georgia. Chibuzo has reported offers from both Alabama and Georgia, and he said that Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia all will get official visits when his schedule is finalized. He spoke highly of his Saturday trips.

"Georgia was really eye-opening. I wasn't expecting the things I saw," Chibuzo said. "The facilities were top-notch. Me and [offensive line] Coach [Sam] Pittman, we are very close. The Alabama trip was really nice. They were about to start practice, so it was really busy. Everybody was going from Point A to Point B. I got to talk to Scooby [Jeffery Carter] and and Jaylen Waddle a little bit. They're like my big brothers. It was a nice environment."

Chibuzo said he has the Texas A&M spring game on April 13 circled on his schedule. He added that he may also attend the Oklahoma State spring game if his 7-on-7 team makes the trip to Stillwater. That game would take place the following week. As for a winning program, Chibuzo said he's looking for a place that not only will challenge him on and off the field but also will offer him solid relationships with both coaches and players.

"If you have good chemistry with players and coaches, when you all can be on the same page, that's what builds a winning team," he said. "I want to be somewhere where that would be amazing. The culture, too, I want to be where the culture is great." Chibuzo is ranked the nation's No. 27 offensive tackle and No. 294 overall player in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He is ranked the No. 47 player in the state of Texas.

29 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Even if all that were to happen it would barely dent their confidence that A&M is the best.

There are some interesting philosophical questions raised by the existence of aggy. What is it like to completely lack self-awareness? How can you conceive of such a state without being in such a state?

f3144c807fad2d1e398ef577c552cacf.480x270

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Damon Sayles: OT pledge Smart Chibuzo speaks in-depth about A&M, recaps SEC visits

Reveal hidden contents

For nearly 22 months, Missouri City, Texas, offensive lineman Smart Chibuzo has been committed to Texas A&M. And for nearly 22 months, he's made sure to keep his recruiting door slightly ajar, making it a priority to never completely shut down his process. Chibuzo made the trip to Texas A&M on Friday, but it was a part of a 48-hour turnaround for the Fort Bend Hightower standout that also included Saturday trips to Alabama and Georgia. The 4-star offensive tackle took in Alabama Saturday morning, then ventured to Georgia for the afternoon.

Chibuzo's commitment to Texas A&M will continue to be monitored, as he said he hears from a variety of schools daily. For now, the good news is that the Aggies still have their highest-ranked lineman on deck for the 2020 class. "Honestly, I'm still committed to Texas A&M, but my door's a little bit open," Chibuzo said. "I'm just trying to see everything that's best for me, but I'm still committed to Texas A&M." Measured at Georgia at 6-foot-4 3/4 and 330 pounds, Chibuzo been a part of an offensive line class that, at the time of his commitment, was expected to be molded into some of the best in the SEC by Jim Turner.

But Turner is no longer at Texas A&M, or coaching college football for that matter. Josh Henson has taken over the offensive line coaching duties, and Friday was the first time he and Chibuzo spoke face to face. "I was just trying to get to know him and understand his logic and how he does things," Chibuzo said of Henson. "Coach Turner, I love that man to death, and I miss him, but he's doing his thing now. Coach Josh, I talked to him first back when he was at Oklahoma State, so Friday was good."

Chibuzo didn't get a chance to take in Texas A&M's spring practice because of his schedule. He visited College Station Friday morning, then returned to the Houston area to prepare for his weekend trip to Alabama and Georgia. Chibuzo has reported offers from both Alabama and Georgia, and he said that Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia all will get official visits when his schedule is finalized. He spoke highly of his Saturday trips.

"Georgia was really eye-opening. I wasn't expecting the things I saw," Chibuzo said. "The facilities were top-notch. Me and [offensive line] Coach [Sam] Pittman, we are very close. The Alabama trip was really nice. They were about to start practice, so it was really busy. Everybody was going from Point A to Point B. I got to talk to Scooby [Jeffery Carter] and and Jaylen Waddle a little bit. They're like my big brothers. It was a nice environment."

Chibuzo said he has the Texas A&M spring game on April 13 circled on his schedule. He added that he may also attend the Oklahoma State spring game if his 7-on-7 team makes the trip to Stillwater. That game would take place the following week. As for a winning program, Chibuzo said he's looking for a place that not only will challenge him on and off the field but also will offer him solid relationships with both coaches and players.

"If you have good chemistry with players and coaches, when you all can be on the same page, that's what builds a winning team," he said. "I want to be somewhere where that would be amazing. The culture, too, I want to be where the culture is great." Chibuzo is ranked the nation's No. 27 offensive tackle and No. 294 overall player in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He is ranked the No. 47 player in the state of Texas.

I'm calling Possible Shenanigans.  The article said these are not OVs so i guess there is no time constraints on the visits themselves.  But one does not just "venture" from Tuscaloosa to Athens on the same day.  Did either Saban or Kirby dispatch State-owned private aircraft to enable this "venture"?  Let's assume no.  This past saturday Google indicates driving from Tuscaloosa to Athens required somewhere between 3:50 to 5:10, so we'll split the difference and say it was a 4:30 drive.

So Alabama was willing to burn time on a player they want and only have him on campus for how many hours?  Remember, he "spent the morning" at Alabama and was there "at the beginning of practice".  What time was that?  From that moment unless he teleported the drive to Athens took 4.5 hours.

If i'm Satan or Kirby and I want the guy, i'm not splitting time on the same day with my mortal enemy.

This just seems..... odd.