Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

When are they going to move on from gig'em gang?  It sounded regarded when the Tate Martell came up with it 3 or 4 years ago. I haven't checked but do they have gig'em gang21 for next year's edits?  

Granted I'm a homer, but comparatively the revolUTion, the fUTure, and cloUT are badass, and it makes each class unique. 

What happens when we run out of words with UT in it that sound cool?

20 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Perroni thinks Aggy will take 22 or 23. 

Jimbo will need to lose 15 underclassmen to hit that number. That’s a lot. 

That's a lot, but they just have to do that by 2020 fall camp

I believe LSU has to lose 8 by 2019 fall camp

7 hours ago, golfclap said:

It's right here. I tried watching a while back but it's fucking painful. He's playing WR a lot and plays some FS or CB. He's clearly a good football player but there's no way to tell what you're getting. There's no coaching/technique so you are getting moldable clay and he will get better. He looks way more natural in the FS spot playing facing the play than turning and running. 

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7335069/5b76c3f82aa6740504c37905

I wonder if A&M took Major Burns (his teammate) early to try and lure this guy in. Would be interesting if the only two P5-level 2020 prospects from Madison Prep Academy both ended up as Aggies.

Spoiler

"Coach Henson invited me for a visit," Waco Midway's Wesley Ndago said. "It went well but no offer yet."

A high school offensive tackle, Ndago just moved to Texas this past year from Wyoming. The Aggies actually went to see him in action a little more in order to evaluate him at a different position.

"They said because of my height they’d have to see me play during spring ball or at one of their camps before they can offer," Ndago said. "They’re looking at me for center."

Ndago says he came in at 6-foot-1.5 during the visit and has recently measured at 295 pounds.

8COMMENTS

A&M is definitely at least interested and his is a name to file away going forward. He has other offers from the likes of North Texas, SMU, Tulsa and UTSA.

They also apparently plan on trap dooring Jordan Jefferson 

47 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"Coach Henson invited me for a visit," Waco Midway's Wesley Ndago said. "It went well but no offer yet."

A high school offensive tackle, Ndago just moved to Texas this past year from Wyoming. The Aggies actually went to see him in action a little more in order to evaluate him at a different position.

"They said because of my height they’d have to see me play during spring ball or at one of their camps before they can offer," Ndago said. "They’re looking at me for center."

Ndago says he came in at 6-foot-1.5 during the visit and has recently measured at 295 pounds.

8COMMENTS

A&M is definitely at least interested and his is a name to file away going forward. He has other offers from the likes of North Texas, SMU, Tulsa and UTSA.

I'm guessing he didn't get a Valentine?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:
  Hide contents

8COMMENTS

Bold move, trapdooring a recruit rated higher than Alfred Collins 😂

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:
  Hide contents

8COMMENTS

6'1 seems short

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

8COMMENTS

I wonder how that'l go over at Navasota High. 

Brian Perroni: 4-star OL Akinola Ogunbiyi still committed to A&M but looking at others

Texas A&M was the first school to offer now-four-star offensive guard Akinola Ogunbiyi from Fort Bend Kempner. In fact, the 6-foot-4, 310-pound prospect actually took an Uber all the way from Sugar Land to College Station and back in order to take an unofficial visit and pick up that offer. Not long after, Ogunbiyi was on the Aggie commit list. He made his pledge in early June before his junior year. However, he has remained somewhat open since then and has taken some other visits.

This past Saturday, he made his way to Norman for an unofficial visit to Oklahoma. "I went up there with Latrell Neville," Ogunbiyi said. "He's a close friend of mine and we play in the same district. It went really well. It was actually my second time up there so the main new thing we did was go to the basketball game. It was good to see everything again and talk to the coaches, though."

Ogunbiyi committed to now-former Aggie offensive line coach Jim Turner. A&M recently hired Josh Henson away from Oklahoma State to replace him after he left for the NFL ranks. "I've talked to coach Henson since he took over," Ogunbiyi said. "I also knew him a little before. I like him but I need to build that relationship with him like I had with coach Turner. It's just something that will happen over time."

In addition to Oklahoma, Ogunbiyi says a few other schools are still recruiting him quite heavily. "LSU is coming at me hard," he said. "Georgia is coming at me hard. Ohio State is coming at me hard. Those are the main ones right now, as well as OU." Ohio State was one of the most recent new offers for Ogunbiyi and it was a big one for him to get. "That was always a school I grew up liking a whole lot," he said of the Buckeyes. "It was great (when they offered), because they really don't recruit a lot of people in Texas. They came down here for me so I was surprised. They want me to come up there at some point."

Though he is taking other visits and in contact with other coaches, Ogunbiyi says he is still committed to the Aggies. "I'm still with A&M," he said. "I want to see what happens and get to know coach Henson. I also want to see these other places. I committed really early but I still really like A&M."

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Brian Perroni: 4-star OL Akinola Ogunbiyi still committed to A&M but looking at others

Hide contents

Texas A&M was the first school to offer now-four-star offensive guard Akinola Ogunbiyi from Fort Bend Kempner. In fact, the 6-foot-4, 310-pound prospect actually took an Uber all the way from Sugar Land to College Station and back in order to take an unofficial visit and pick up that offer. Not long after, Ogunbiyi was on the Aggie commit list. He made his pledge in early June before his junior year. However, he has remained somewhat open since then and has taken some other visits.

This past Saturday, he made his way to Norman for an unofficial visit to Oklahoma. "I went up there with Latrell Neville," Ogunbiyi said. "He's a close friend of mine and we play in the same district. It went really well. It was actually my second time up there so the main new thing we did was go to the basketball game. It was good to see everything again and talk to the coaches, though."

Ogunbiyi committed to now-former Aggie offensive line coach Jim Turner. A&M recently hired Josh Henson away from Oklahoma State to replace him after he left for the NFL ranks. "I've talked to coach Henson since he took over," Ogunbiyi said. "I also knew him a little before. I like him but I need to build that relationship with him like I had with coach Turner. It's just something that will happen over time."

In addition to Oklahoma, Ogunbiyi says a few other schools are still recruiting him quite heavily. "LSU is coming at me hard," he said. "Georgia is coming at me hard. Ohio State is coming at me hard. Those are the main ones right now, as well as OU." Ohio State was one of the most recent new offers for Ogunbiyi and it was a big one for him to get. "That was always a school I grew up liking a whole lot," he said of the Buckeyes. "It was great (when they offered), because they really don't recruit a lot of people in Texas. They came down here for me so I was surprised. They want me to come up there at some point."

Though he is taking other visits and in contact with other coaches, Ogunbiyi says he is still committed to the Aggies. "I'm still with A&M," he said. "I want to see what happens and get to know coach Henson. I also want to see these other places. I committed really early but I still really like A&M."

So the Bag Hag is sending Uber to pick up recruits now? 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

EJ just put in a flip pick for Akinola to OU.

So A&M's new coach is going to come in and start fixing their class made up primarily of bread by losing the best one of the bunch? Sounds like a solid plan, aggy. 

This year could prove to be rough for aggy, they're doing even worse than I expected so far, and I thought they'd finish around 10th. By this time last year, they had already got Williams and Richardson and were building serious momentum. Right now, they have 2 elite guys and may be about to lose their 3rd best guy, and don't seem to be in a great place with that many elite recruits. It looks like they're gonna be lucky to get 2 of the top 10 in state when it's all said and done. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

41 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Some random 2021 QB from Katy won the Rivals 3Stripe Camp QB MVP over Malik Hornsby

Not a rando - that's Unc Ro's guy that they are trying to tie some of the 2020 WR to. He's the FAST 7on7 QB and has been with Simon since he was a 6th grader. 

Still funny though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

So A&M's new coach is going to come in and start fixing their class made up primarily of bread by losing the best one of the bunch? Sounds like a solid plan, aggy. 

This year could prove to be rough for aggy, they're doing even worse than I expected so far, and I thought they'd finish around 10th. By this time last year, they had already got Williams and Richardson and were building serious momentum. Right now, they have 2 elite guys and may be about to lose their 3rd best guy, and don't seem to be in a great place with that many elite recruits. It looks like they're gonna be lucky to get 2 of the top 10 in state when it's all said and done. 

More flip picks coming in.  This will be some nice lulz, easily aggy's best OL commit IMO.  Wish it was somewhere else other than OU.

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

In addition to Oklahoma, Ogunbiyi says a few other schools are still recruiting him quite heavily. "LSU is coming at me hard," he said. "Georgia is coming at me hard. Ohio State is coming at me hard. Those are the main ones right now, as well as OU."

This would be consistent with him being the visitor last week who wanted to flip but whose commitment we wouldn't take. Being that he just visited UT, you'd think we'd get at least a mention if he wasn't the one who was spurned.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

This would be consistent with him being the visitor last week who wanted to flip but whose commitment we wouldn't take. Being that he just visited UT, you'd think we'd get at least a mention if he wasn't the one who was spurned.

Yes, I'm fairly certain it has dawned on Ogunbiyi that tamu sucks and swallows and that he'd rather not end up in collie station, no matter how lit someone (who could only stand it for one year) says it is.

One thing about tamu becoming a degree factory along with the rise of their Greek system is that they are now getting a lot of the hot dumb co-eds who used to go to Tech. Some friends' kids now go there and they'll proudly post photos of their kids and their kids' friends. After I get over the initial shock of "how could you ever let your kid go to tamu, I then notice that there seem to be many more shallow/attractive co-eds in the photos than at any time in history. I'm sure that the drug culture has skyrocketed in that sleepy town, because how else could these people get through the boredom of going to school there in between trips to Austin?