Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Selling positive spin to aggy on a monthly subscription basis is a beautiful business model.  

I wonder how much he makes.  Brandon owns Texags.  But Liucci has to be the highest paid employee. I don’t know how much leverage he has when it comes to comp.  Because replacing a jock sniffer like Liucci who merely totes the company line wouldn’t be hard at all. 

I bet Looch has some equity 

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Selling positive spin to aggy on a monthly subscription basis is a beautiful business model.  

I wonder how much he makes.  Brandon owns Texags.  But Liucci has to be the highest paid employee. I don’t know how much leverage he has when it comes to comp.  Because replacing a jock sniffer like Liucci who merely totes the company line wouldn’t be hard at all. 

Just just can't hire someone with chin pubes like that off the street.

Damon Sayles: Kourt Williams still atop The Opening leaderboard; recaps A&M visit

Through eight of The Opening's 14 regional competitions, California linebacker/safety hybrid Kourt Williams still sits atop the national leaderboard with his outstanding performance at The Opening Los Angeles in February. His ratings score of 137.94 ranks No. 1 nationally. Williams, a 6-foot-1, 216-pound athlete representing California power St. John Bosco High School, ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds, completed the shuttle run in 4.09 seconds, threw the power ball 41 feet and recorded a vertical jump of 39.3 inches at The Opening Los Angeles. A 4-star prospect per 247Sports, Williams has 19 reported offers.

Last month, Williams was offered by Texas A&M, and over the weekend, he was in College Station checking out the campus on an unofficial visit. It was his first trip to Texas, and he gave the trip a positive review overall. "It was great just getting a feel of the campus and finally being able to talk to the coaches face to face," Williams said of Texas A&M. "Also, the academic part of it was outstanding."

Williams is being recruited to Texas A&M by linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto. He is nationally ranked a top-20 outside linebacker and a top-200 nationally in the 2020 class, per 247Sports, but because of his size, speed, athleticism and instincts, Williams could also see time at safety at the next level, depending on his college of choice. "He [Peveto] told me they're looking at me playing their rover position," Williams said.

During his junior year at St. John Bosco, Williams recorded 74 tackles, two sacks and two pass breakups. He helped the Braves to a 13-1 record and a spot in the CIF-Southern Section Division 1 championship game this past season. Williams said he's looking into a few other spring and summer visits. Oregon is a place that could get a visit, as well as Oklahoma later this month. "My school's spring ball practice starts April 23," he said, "so I'm really looking forward to that."

Oregon, Oklahoma, Georgia, Washington and in-state schools UCLA and USC are among the other schools to watch for Williams' commitment. He is ranked the nation's No. 19 outside linebacker and No. 196 player overall in the 2020 class. Williams also is ranked the No. 16 player from the state of California.

(Brian Perroni) Crystal Ball: Texas A&M targets see lots of new predictions

With official visits allowed to start this coming weekend, there is a lot of movement with the class of 2020 on the recruiting front. With that movement have been a number of new Crystal Ball predictions as well. Texas A&M has seen predictions come in for the Aggies to land a pair of top prospects.

Not long ago, Steve Wiltfong put in a prediction for Camden (N.J.) Woodlawn four-star defensive end Fadil Diggs to end up in Aggieland. Not long after, Clint Brewster also put one in to A&M for the nation's No. 139 overall prospect. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound junior made his way to College Station this past fall and will be back in Aggieland for the Maroon and White Game on Apr. 13.

Athens offensive tackle Garrett Hayes has become a big target for the Aggies under new offensive line coach Josh Henson. The 6-foot-5, 277-pound East Texan is an Aggie legacy, so it was big when he was offered earlier this spring. Hayes wasted no time in making an unofficial visit to College Station after the offer. While Arkansas and Oklahoma are both major players in his recruitment as well, I recently put in a prediction for the four-star prospect to end up in Aggieland.

There have been a few predictions for A&M targets to end up elsewhere, too. Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic running back Sam Adams II had a couple predictions for A&M previously as his father, also named Sam, was an All-American defensive tackle for the Aggies. However, the younger Adams has always been very high on in-state Washington and there were two predictions changed to the Huskies over the weekend for the nation's No. 148 overall prospect.

For a while, Newton four-star defensive end James Sylvester was constantly mentioned as one of the Aggies' top targets and the feeling was mutual. However, things have been very quiet with the 6-foot-4, 225-pound defender as of late. Sylvester, who had two teammates sign with TCU in the past class, was in Fort Worth late last week for his first trip to the Horned Frogs' campus. Afterward, a couple new predictions came in for the Big 12 program and I am close to switching mine to the Frogs as well.

IMG Academy four-star defensive back Lejond Cavazos, who is from San Antonio and close friends with Kellen Mond, has mentioned A&M as a potential destination since decommitting from Ohio State back in early December. However, with a decision coming up in less than two weeks, the Aggies did not make his list of final six schools. There are several new picks coming in for him to rejoin the fold as a Buckeye commit.

Little Elm cornerback Ryan Watts recently made his second unofficial visit of the spring to Texas A&M. The 6-foot-2.5, 187-pound defender has the Aggies among his top schools and A&M has some momentum with him. However, the same can be said with Oklahoma. Late last week, a pair of new predictions came in for the Sooners with him.

Baton Rouge (La.) Madison Prep defensive back Major Burns was a three-star recruit when he made a somewhat surprising commitment to A&M back in early February. Since then, he has seen his stock soar with a number of new offers as well as seeing his ranking go up to a four-star. Burns decommitted from the Aggies last week and, since that time, a number of predictions have come in for in-state - and in-town - LSU.

One interesting Crystal Ball prediction came in for Dallas Carter defensive tackle Branard Wright. However, it was actually for no school. The top defensive tackle prospect in Texas had previously had all eight of his predictions for LSU. However, LSU inside Shea Dixon switched his prediction from the Tigers to 'Foggy' over the weekend. Wright, the nation's No. 176 overall prospect, was in Aggieland for the big Super Bowl recruiting event and things went well there. LSU is in on a number of other tackles both from Louisiana as well as nationally.

Edited by satyanash

3 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

He’s a fucking liability, and gullible aggy is a bankable asset, and that boys & girls is basic accounting.

That’ll be a 9.95 debit to cash and credit to Consulting Income.

Yes, but in aggy accounting, Luigi (just like one-time only capital campaign contributions) go wherever aggy says they go. Stupid sips.

Can’t wait to hear how crazy Karen spins it. I remember when she swore up and down how recruits would flock to aggy when they did a pool party or something and Knight would be there in bikini. Fucking freak of a woman that Karen is. 
"I want it in the ass!” squealed Karen while Jimbo was undressing. “I want the fuckin’ thing in my ass!”

0106208853a407f4d608ef43a9916af3.jpg
  • Haha 1

You saw him throwing to the endzone with a couple seconds left to send a message that hey, you won today but we're not going anwhere. If you don't think that was part of their message.

He's neglecting the fact that every touchdown they scored in this game they had clearly already lost was another notch in the old moral victory belt.

No one celebrates meaningless, garbage time scores in games they've already lost like aggy, and to jimbo's credit he seems to have figured that out quickly.

I expect years of garbage time tds against bama's backups to be documented by looch as a clear sign that the ags and their "rough, tough, real stuff" didn't go down without a fight and sent a message to Saban.

Meanwhile Nick will continue to view aggy as a half week for his starters to get them rested for the real sec games.

11 hours ago, cafe society said:

Arrived here too late, was going to put TexCal right.  Were you at Club Foot in '81 for OMD?

Tenth grade, unfortunately. But I can proudly say that I knew about OMD before "Pretty in Pink" and I still listen to "Enola Gay" frequently (my kids all like it, only one of them figured out what it's referring to).

Edited by Spawn of Cthulhu
I'm old
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Tenth grade, unfortunately. But I can proudly say that I knew about OMD before "Pretty in Pink" and I still listen to "Enola Gay" frequently (my kids all like it, only one of them figured out what it's referring to).

I'd somehow never listened to OMD, and I like 80s electronic stuff. Enola Gay's a good one.

• Like 2

I have a good friend who married into alabama people - his wife and MIL are both members of the red elephant club or whatever their money laundering outfit is called.   His wife and I have discussed more than once that aggy is concerning her, she (and i assume many of her out of state bama cohorts) don't understand that aggy is aggy.  They just see them being in texas and the "look at all the money we have"  stuff and just assume they will be a power to deal with in the future.  

So at some gathering, did someone talk about aggy  -  probably.    Is Saban concerned about them anymore than LSU, Geogia, Florida, Auburn - i doubt it. 

I guess they are gonna take this spare in back-to-back classes? I guess he'd still be part of the 2019 class unless he can't make it in for the fall? Confusing to have an OV after NSD. I can't imagine that this dude could get in or stay in, even at that shitty diploma mill. 

Edited by golfclap

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Anyone have the Texags update on Mowry? 

Spoiler

- Something of note regarding midweek, highly regarded TE visitor Arik Gilbert from Georgia. He's pretty close with Tony Ballard, a well reknown QB coach in the Peach State who just so happened to train Zach Calzada. Ballard also has a couple ties in College Station. It may be nothing, it may be something. Either way, I think it's noteworthy. 

- I spoke with 2019 commits Josh Ellison and Braedon Mowry directly today. Ellison said his grades have gotten much better, and he's on track to fulfill his grayshirt plans. He also said he's gotten his weight back up to 280 pounds. He played around 265-270 as a senior. The A&M staff would like for him to be around 290 when he arrives next January. I also got encouraging news from Mowry. Braedon said, "Everything is great," in terms of his progress. He's trying to make it up to College Station this weekend, but if he can't, he said he'll for sure be in town on April 13th. 

- Weekend visitors include 2021 Denton Ryan ATH Billy Bowman Jr as well as big time defensive end Jason Harris out of Arizona. Both should be in town on Saturday.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ginger said:
  Hide contents

- Something of note regarding midweek, highly regarded TE visitor Arik Gilbert from Georgia. He's pretty close with Tony Ballard, a well reknown QB coach in the Peach State who just so happened to train Zach Calzada. Ballard also has a couple ties in College Station. It may be nothing, it may be something. Either way, I think it's noteworthy. 

"To be known- again".

4 minutes ago, Ginger said:
  Hide contents

- I spoke with 2019 commits Josh Ellison and Braedon Mowry directly today. Ellison said his grades have gotten much better, and he's on track to fulfill his grayshirt plans. He also said he's gotten his weight back up to 280 pounds. He played around 265-270 as a senior. The A&M staff would like for him to be around 290 when he arrives next January. I also got encouraging news from Mowry. Braedon said, "Everything is great," in terms of his progress. He's trying to make it up to College Station this weekend, but if he can't, he said he'll for sure be in town on April 13th. 

- Weekend visitors include 2021 Denton Ryan ATH Billy Bowman Jr as well as big time defensive end Jason Harris out of Arizona. Both should be in town on Saturday.

Arik Gilbert, a TE, is "pretty close" with a QB coach who has "a couple ties" to College Station.  Sounds like a lock to me.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I guess they are gonna take this spare in back-to-back classes? I guess he'd still be part of the 2019 class unless he can't make it in for the fall? Confusing to have an OV after NSD. I can't imagine that this dude could get in or stay in, even at that shitty diploma mill. 

to be fair he lives in that hellhole town and the least they can do for him while he tries to be an aggy is give him a free tank of gas

15 minutes ago, golfclap said:

How rock-stupid does an A&M commit have to be to not qualify academically at A&M Consolidated?

51 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Arik Gilbert, a TE, is "pretty close" with a QB coach who has "a couple ties" to College Station.  Sounds like a lock to me.

You wouldn't be using this same tone if you realized that this vital piece of information "may be something. Or it may be nothing," now would you?

9 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

You're old? I was a junior on the 40.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s official. OL Grayson Reed has a torn pectoral muscle and will miss spring. Will be back in Summer. 

Somehow the closet broncos are spinning this as a positive 

Torn pecs can put you out for six months 

• Like 1

Here’s what the dumbfucks really don’t get.  If they hadn’t gotten pissed and left the big 12 then they probably play for the title that year.  It’s a great joke and it makes me laugh whenever I think about it.
And probably won. They were good that year with johnny eight ball.

33 minutes ago, markstanco said:
On 3/31/2019 at 9:07 AM, Fondren & Main said:
Here’s what the dumbfucks really don’t get.  If they hadn’t gotten pissed and left the big 12 then they probably play for the title that year.  It’s a great joke and it makes me laugh whenever I think about it.

And probably won. They were good that year with johnny eight ball.

Even if they went undefeated, they don’t get in BCS title game over undefeated Alabama and Notre Dame.  

7 hours ago, golfclap said:

PJ Locke took an official to UT after NSD 

3 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Yep. It is especially bad as an OL. He will be lucky to be ready for the season.

Depends on when it happened. It might have happened awhile ago, and word is just now getting out. But if it just happened recently, then yeah, he probably won't contribute much until the middle of the season or so, if at all