Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

5 hours ago, Orange&White said:

A bit of trolling and foreshadowing by Demond. 

His talents will someday be on display on Kyle Field. He will just be wearing a Bama jersey when it happens.

They're so far up Bama's butt that they can't distinguish the jerseys anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But I thought jimbo WAS THE REASON that Texas didn’t get as much in state last year. So why couldn’t he just do that again?

Stupid sip the talent is down in state. Shrimp gumbo and co are on 2021 and cherry pick out of state this cycle 

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Pepperoni chat. aggy still doesn't know who they want at safety, so that's cool. Also only two of the 2021 OL like Texas so fuck us, amiright?

"Bryce Foster is high on A&M and some SEC schools."

Hmmm... Perroni seems to have left off one of Foster's top schools and possible current leader. I wonder why?

8 hours ago, randygilman said:

Do A&M boards talk about the value of a stanford degree versus a Texas A&M degree because while Stanford offers prestige, in the state of Texas an A&M degree would go much fur- sorry I tried but just can’t keep this going without laughing

Stanford grads have a much harder time getting jobs selling insurance in the greater Houston area. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 4/6/2019 at 6:34 PM, Goodman said:
Even with the shitty weather. Ann Arbor is a much better town. BCS does have a shitty AZ town vibe though.

Ann arbor is as shitty as BCS. It's a bunch of chain restaurants and is near Detroit.

That's just not true. Ann Arbor's a cool little town.

• Like 5

aggy on Lindberg. A couple of good bits of nonsense in there.

Spoiler
Clear Creek OL Chad Lindberg made it to College Station yesterday to watch practice and visit with the A&M staff. I had a bit of an update yesterday from a source, but I spoke with Chad directly this morning. Here is what he had to say about his day in Aggieland yesterday. 

"I think my favorite part of the visit was meeting with all of the current and former offensive linemen up there, especially Erik McCoy."

"Coach Henson wants me to really give A&M a solid look, and Coach Fisher says that with A&M's location and situation both academically and athletically, it's the best place I can go."

"Yeah I think this visit helped A&M's chances. I like Coach Henson a lot, and it was good to see a practice and talk to players."

"I'm still trying to determine and decide on official visits."

For the record, I believe if Chad had to pick today, it'd probably be Stanford.

1 hour ago, Ginger said:

aggy on Lindberg. A couple of good bits of nonsense in there.

Hide contents
Clear Creek OL Chad Lindberg made it to College Station yesterday to watch practice and visit with the A&M staff. I had a bit of an update yesterday from a source, but I spoke with Chad directly this morning. Here is what he had to say about his day in Aggieland yesterday. 

"I think my favorite part of the visit was meeting with all of the current and former offensive linemen up there, especially Erik McCoy."

"Coach Henson wants me to really give A&M a solid look, and Coach Fisher says that with A&M's location and situation both academically and athletically, it's the best place I can go."

"Yeah I think this visit helped A&M's chances. I like Coach Henson a lot, and it was good to see a practice and talk to players."

"I'm still trying to determine and decide on official visits."

For the record, I believe if Chad had to pick today, it'd probably be Stanford.

Brauninger is such a piece of shit.  He knows damn well the kid is coming to Texas and just can’t let the words come out of his mouth. What a sore loser fck boy!

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Please note dumbo said this NOT Mr. Lindberg

Haha yep. Translation: Chad ain’t buyin it.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

D3mQ8rBXsAAboAv.jpgD3mQ-PKW4AIOWi6.pngD3mQ-9QXkAA-vA-.pngD3mQ_9GXkAEN-18.jpg

It’s always funny when you can see reality is almost setting in for them, but then their fan survival instinct kicks in and they completely deny it.

I don’t really blame them. Rooting for A&M all these years would be really fucking miserable if they were at all in touch with reality. 53% and no conference title in 20 years is just depressing—unless you’re a UT fan of course, and then it’s provided decades of hilarity. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Their board sounds like ours, but who’s their Giles??

Didn't Peveto suck so bad that LSU faked health problems so they could replace him on the recruiting trail with Austin Thomas? Or was that another staffer. Either way, what Peveto he lacks in recruiting ability he even fails to make up for with a willingness to pay players out of his own pocket. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Didn't Peveto suck so bad that LSU faked health problems so they could replace him on the recruiting trail with Austin Thomas? Or was that another staffer. Either way, what Peveto he lacks in recruiting ability he even fails to make up for with a willingness to pay players out of his own pocket. 

That was some old coach in his 70s, irrc 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Brauninger is such a piece of shit.  He knows damn well the kid is coming to Texas and just can’t let the words come out of his mouth. What a sore loser fck boy!

We want him on that wall.  We need him on that wall. 

As long as he continues to fan the flames of the aggy bonfire of false hope, it guarantees the annual aggy roller coaster of fail will continue to ratchet up to higher and higher heights. 

The inevitable plunge of that coaster brings much humor to Longhorns everywhere year after year, and I'd hate for that plummet to be stymied in any way. 

8 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

We want him on that wall.  We need him on that wall. 

As long as he continues to fan the flames of the aggy bonfire of false hope, it guarantees the annual aggy roller coaster of fail will continue to ratchet up to higher and higher heights. 

The inevitable plunge of that coaster brings much humor to Longhorns everywhere year after year, and I'd hate for that plummet to be stymied in any way. 

Different now....they have Jimbo...and SEC....and Buzz!! 

That Lindberg bit still has me chuckling:

oach Fisher says that with A&M's location and situation both academically and athletically, it's the best place I can go.

Yes. Texas A&M is the single best academic institution located in College Station, Texas, bordered on the north by University Drive, between Wellborn Road to the West and Texas Avenue to the East, and bordered on the South by George Bush Drive.

And number two is not even close.

giphy.webp

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Peveto has gout from his  beer, oysters, shrimp, carp and mullet diet at LSU.  When you have gout, you are fucked as a recruiter.   Your feet swell up and you can't dance.  You can't boogie.  LSU cut him loose and he is now doing better with his pivo, kolache, sausage, and Snook chilli diet at aggy.  Fucker will be able to line dance at the Chicken soon.  Cullen Gillaspia clones incoming.  

Brian Perroni: 4-star OT, Aggie legacy Nate Anderson impressed by A&M visit

Frisco (Texas) Reedy offensive tackle Nate Anderson has only recently begun to see his recruitment take off. In fact, the 6-foot-5, 262-pound junior does not have an official composite ranking just yet. Though 247Sports has him as a four-star and the No. 114 overall prospect nationally, Anderson is not rated by the other services yet. After seeing a number of big offers come his way as of late, Anderson has caught the attention of a big in-state school as well. On Saturday, he made his way to Texas A&M.

"It was great. I loved it there," Anderson said. "We got there and we watched the practice. Then, after, I got to get some good quality time with coach (Josh) Henson, the o-line coach. After talking with him and eating with him, I went into coach Fisher's office and talked with him a little bit." Anderson says that head coach Jimbo Fisher was familiar with him already. "He was mentioning my film and how he can tell that I have a really big passion for the game," Anderson said. "He said that's something you can't teach and he really likes that. He said that he could really see me excelling on the team."

Anderson has not been offered by the Aggies just yet but it could happen at some point in the relatively near future. "They have not offered me as of now," he said. "Coach Henson was saying that he really wants me...He said he is going to be out at my spring practices multiple times." Should A&M offer, the Aggies could very well have an advantage as Anderson's grandfather David Anderson instilled a love of the Maroon and White in him from a young age.

"My grandpa went to A&M," the lineman said. "He played football his first year and then he got hurt. Then he went to the Corps and he's like the Corps Hall of Fame. So I grew up going to the football games and being in the president's suite and hanging out with the president of A&M. So I grew up an Aggie. So it was really great to go there. My grandpa went with us. Any excuse for him to be down there, he'll get one."

Right now, Anderson only has one other unofficial visit scheduled, though it will not actually be to a college campus. "Texas Tech's spring ball game is going be at The Star here next weekend and I'm going to that," he said. "That's the only thing I have planned right now." With his recruitment having just started to see more attention, Anderson wants to wait a little bit before making a decision. He does have a timeframe for a pledge, though. "I see myself as pretty much in the middle of my recruiting process right now," he said. "I'm definitely going to keep my options open. I'll probably be committing near the end of the summer. I'll take my official visits soon, probably early summer."

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Brian Perroni: 4-star OT, Aggie legacy Nate Anderson impressed by A&M visit

Reveal hidden contents

Frisco (Texas) Reedy offensive tackle Nate Anderson has only recently begun to see his recruitment take off. In fact, the 6-foot-5, 262-pound junior does not have an official composite ranking just yet. Though 247Sports has him as a four-star and the No. 114 overall prospect nationally, Anderson is not rated by the other services yet. After seeing a number of big offers come his way as of late, Anderson has caught the attention of a big in-state school as well. On Saturday, he made his way to Texas A&M.

"It was great. I loved it there," Anderson said. "We got there and we watched the practice. Then, after, I got to get some good quality time with coach (Josh) Henson, the o-line coach. After talking with him and eating with him, I went into coach Fisher's office and talked with him a little bit." Anderson says that head coach Jimbo Fisher was familiar with him already. "He was mentioning my film and how he can tell that I have a really big passion for the game," Anderson said. "He said that's something you can't teach and he really likes that. He said that he could really see me excelling on the team."

Anderson has not been offered by the Aggies just yet but it could happen at some point in the relatively near future. "They have not offered me as of now," he said. "Coach Henson was saying that he really wants me...He said he is going to be out at my spring practices multiple times." Should A&M offer, the Aggies could very well have an advantage as Anderson's grandfather David Anderson instilled a love of the Maroon and White in him from a young age.

"My grandpa went to A&M," the lineman said. "He played football his first year and then he got hurt. Then he went to the Corps and he's like the Corps Hall of Fame. So I grew up going to the football games and being in the president's suite and hanging out with the president of A&M. So I grew up an Aggie. So it was really great to go there. My grandpa went with us. Any excuse for him to be down there, he'll get one."

Right now, Anderson only has one other unofficial visit scheduled, though it will not actually be to a college campus. "Texas Tech's spring ball game is going be at The Star here next weekend and I'm going to that," he said. "That's the only thing I have planned right now." With his recruitment having just started to see more attention, Anderson wants to wait a little bit before making a decision. He does have a timeframe for a pledge, though. "I see myself as pretty much in the middle of my recruiting process right now," he said. "I'm definitely going to keep my options open. I'll probably be committing near the end of the summer. I'll take my official visits soon, probably early summer."

Several "not SEC size" comments in this thread.

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Peveto has gout from his  beer, oysters, shrimp, carp and mullet diet at LSU.  When you have gout, you are fucked as a recruiter.   Your feet swell up and you can't dance.  You can't boogie.  LSU cut him loose and he is now doing better with his pivo, kolache, sausage, and Snook chilli diet at aggy.  Fucker will be able to line dance at the Chicken soon.  Cullen Gillaspia clones incoming.  

Not gonna lie, a beer/sausage/kolache diet sounds pretty damn enjoyable. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

5:47p

Staff

- Got another report today indicating A&M did a home run job with Memphis (TN) OL Chris Morris. He was in touch with the Aggie staff again this morning after wrapping his visit last weekend. If you're asking me, I think Morris is probably the out of state offensive prospect with the most Maroon & White mojo behind him right now. I'm not totally sure of a timetable at this point, but I feel comfortable putting the Aggies in the Cat Bird's seat currently. 

- If you're looking for an out of state defender with the most Aggie momentum, I'd probably go with Camden (NJ) DE Fadil Diggs. Elijah Robinson, Terry Price, and Mike Elko have put in some serious work for one of the more highly regarded pass rushers on the east coast. Per a couple of sources, Diggs still plans to be in College Station this weekend with his mother. I heard today that they'll likely be in town Friday night. 

- Both Jason and I are hearing there's still work to be done with Athens OL Garrett Hayes. We don't feel like it's something that can't be overcome, but A&M entered the race from behind and is having to play catch up. 

- 2019 commits Braedon Mowry and Josh Ellison have their official visits scheduled for the weekend. 

- We'll put out our full visitor list this week, but here's who we've got coming in as official visitors:

CB commit Jaylon Jones 
Charlotte (NC) WR Muhsin Muhammad III 
St Louis (MO) WR Jordan Johnson - Notre Dame - I'd probably mark this one down as a maybe seeing as how he recently committed to ND
Oak Park (MI) ATH Maliq Carr 

Carr is a new name to most Aggie fans, and it looks like he fits that Jalen Wydermyer mold. He's 6-4 and nearing 240 pounds, but he's an exceptional athlete and very skilled down the field. 

- A&M commits Demond Demas and Josh Bankhead will be in town this weekend to help the Aggies recruiting efforts. 

- Pleasant Grove DE Landon Jackson should be in town this weekend, as well. Considered one of the top defensive players in that class, Jackson has A&M ties but hasn't been on campus in a while. It was important that the Aggie staff get him back on campus. 

Ryan Brauninger

5:54p

Staff

Omeire, Broughton, and Collins are on our early list. We'll release them all on Wednesday or Thursday.