Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Burton would know. 

Would he? He didn’t let us know whether or not he’s speculating or someone actually told him that info.

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Georgia filed the LOI, and is trying to void it in hopes of getting that spot in the class back 

This is what fattyfattie and all the other goobers worrying about Evans to aggy need to understand. UGA literally values having an extra signing spot more than taking Evans. He might be an immense talent, but the more talented you think he is, the more issues he must have in order for every quality program in the country to take a pass on him. 

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Would he? He didn’t let us know whether or not he’s speculating or someone actually told him that info.

This is what fattyfattie and all the other goobers worrying about Evans to aggy need to understand. UGA literally values having an extra signing spot more than taking Evans. He might be an immense talent, but the more talented you think he is, the more issues he must have in order for every quality program in the country to take a pass on him. 

He's tight with Brewster. I don't know why he'd throw it out there without sending his buddy a text. 

37 minutes ago, Fud said:

As I suspected, this was just Brewster's annual pay raise ruse. He has family stuff keeping him in North Carolina, and I think it would have to take a much better place to live than CS to get him away from it. 

brewster is the definition of a mercenary. 'family stuff' ain't on his radar. he's purely money driven. aggy put an offer on the table and UNC raised it. so he's staying at UNC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

brewster is the definition of a mercenary. 'family stuff' ain't on his radar. he's purely money driven. aggy put an offer on the table and UNC raised it. so he's staying at UNC.

So you don't think professional mercenaries can have wives, children, nieces and nephews they give a fuck about about and like seeing and spending time with? If you're a hired gun you by definition are sterile, loveless, and live a life of solitude? Hate nature and nice things?

That's a pretty fucking stupid take, even for you at peak HollywoodColt levels. By that premise, Brewster never would have left college station because mercenaries don't care about living in dystopian farm towns and aTm will likely have paid more money period. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So you don't think professional mercenaries can have wives, children, nieces and nephews they give a fuck about about and like seeing and spending time with? If you're a hired gun you by definition are sterile, loveless, and live a life of solitude? Hate nature and nice things?

That's a pretty fucking stupid take, even for you at peak HollywoodColt levels. By that premise, Brewster never would have left college station because mercenaries don't care about living in dystopian farm towns and aTm will likely have paid more money period. 

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Ok, he's a mercenary who has family stuff helping to keep him in North Carolina 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Tarp is posting that the Brewster situation is "not over with".....

To be fair - Notre Dame thought they had convinced Elko to stay, but aggy kept throwing money at him until he said Yes.

How high is Jimbo willing to go for his TE coach?  At some point UNC is going to be unwilling to match.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

To be fair - Notre Dame thought they had convinced Elko to stay, but aggy kept throwing money at him until he said Yes.

How high is Jimbo willing to go for his TE coach?  At some point UNC is going to be unwilling to match.

If that were the case - why didn't they do it when Brewster was at A&M?  Why did they let him leave?

38 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

For someone who spends most of their time making fun of stupid shit the 9.95ers say, when you provide your own thoughts, they sure do seem to fall right in there with the 9.95er content, like saying Brewster doesn’t even consider family in the equation when you don’t know him and don’t have a fucking clue what he considered.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

Whether he goes to aggy or stays at UNC (or goes elsewhere) it's stupid Herman isn't pursuing him assuming that's still the case.   He still has a lot of contacts from his time here and from what I understand made it known he was interested in coming back.  He also crowed loudly when he beat Herman's ass for recruits.  So i'm not sure if there is a past with Herman pre-Texas or that shit pissed him off (or he's just not willing to admit he was wrong not hiring him originally), but whatever it is, it seems like case and point that Herman's arrogance prevents him from going after someone equally arrogant even if it helped him keep his damn job.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Whether he goes to aggy or stays at UNC (or goes elsewhere) it's stupid Herman isn't pursuing him assuming that's still the case.   He still has a lot of contacts from his time here and from what I understand made it known he was interested in coming back.  He also crowed loudly when he beat Herman's ass for recruits.  So i'm not sure if there is a past with Herman pre-Texas or that shit pissed him off (or he's just not willing to admit he was wrong not hiring him originally), but whatever it is, it seems like case and point that Herman's arrogance prevents him from going after someone equally arrogant even if it helped him keep his damn job.

I suggest you duck. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

I dont think anyone here would be surprised to find out aTm hired a TE coach for 800k or even a million tomorrow. But I would think that's the kind of move it would take to get Brewster back to college station. 

The funny part here is, as much as we've mocked Herman (and rightly so) for his hatred of going outside his buddy circle...and as much as aggy sites have put forth the notion no one will work for Herman...ole' Jimbo certainly seems to have some similar hiring issues. His first replacement for Brewster was underwhelming, and no instead of using his Sitting National Championship Corch Cache, his move seems to be throw whatever money it takes to get Brewster back. You'd think a professional of his alleged caliber would have coaches clamoring to replace Finley and work with Jimbo, and you'd think Fisher would be able to conduct a professional, thorough search to find a great assistant replacement as opposed to just going back to Brewster. And yet here we sit. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont think anyone here would be surprised to find out aTm hired a TE coach for 800k or even a million tomorrow. But I would think that's the kind of move it would take to get Brewster back to college station. 

The funny part here is, as much as we've mocked Herman (and rightly so) for his hatred of going outside his buddy circle...and as much as aggy sites have put forth the notion no one will work for Herman...ole' Jimbo certainly seems to have some similar hiring issues. His first replacement for Brewster was underwhelming, and no instead of using his Sitting National Championship Corch Cache, his move seems to be throw whatever money it takes to get Brewster back. You'd think a professional of his alleged caliber would have coaches clamoring to replace Finley and work with Jimbo, and you'd think Fisher would be able to conduct a professional, thorough search to find a great assistant replacement as opposed to just going back to Brewster. And yet here we sit. 

I think Finley was a damned good replacement for Brewster. Brewster is about as good as it gets at recruiting, so there's a fall-off there, but it's hard to argue that the TE role didn't progress well at ATM this season, which I'd have expected under Brewster as well.

Just now, closetojumping said:

I think Finley was a damned good replacement for Brewster. Brewster is about as good as it gets at recruiting, so there's a fall-off there, but it's hard to argue that the TE role didn't progress well at ATM this season, which I'd have expected under Brewster as well.

Finley might be a fine coach, and an OK recruiter (although aTm boards certainly bitched at his ineptitude), but the point was that I don't think anyone was crowing about taking Missouri's TE coach, who's first on field coaching role was at Missouri two years prior to being hired by aTm. Even if he performed fine there (he had talent to work with there as well). My point was that it wasn't exactly a slam-dunk, big splash, go get the best of the best at the position hire. 

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Finley might be a fine coach, and an OK recruiter (although aTm boards certainly bitched at his ineptitude), but the point was that I don't think anyone was crowing about taking Missouri's TE coach, who's first on field coaching role was at Missouri two years prior to being hired by aTm. Even if he performed fine there (he had talent to work with there as well). My point was that it wasn't exactly a slam-dunk, big splash, go get the best of the best at the position hire. 

So who would that hire be this year, if not Brewster? I honestly don't know. Curious what anyone else thinks. It's certainly looking a lot more likely that Bilbo Aggins gets his guy than our fuckwit who apparently needs 3-4 weeks per role before being able to pull the trigger on someone. I assume we'll have a TE coach announced around the spring game.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

So who would that hire be this year, if not Brewster? I honestly don't know. Curious what anyone else thinks. It's certainly looking a lot more likely that Bilbo Aggins gets his guy than our fuckwit who apparently needs 3-4 weeks per role before being able to pull the trigger on someone. I assume we'll have a TE coach announced around the spring game.

Lol. 

The guy at Michigan seemed to legitimately be good, young, plus recruiter, and on an upward trajectory. He also went to OU and would be familiar with the region, Sherrone Moore. Larry Porter at Auburn is good. We can play the old game where you take a hard cool at whoever is coaching TE at Iowa, although recruiting chops there would be TBD. Jeff Banks was successful at aTm before, and now he has Alabama on his resume? Tyler Bowen at Penn State made a 30 under 30 list a year or two back, the same year Carrington was listed. 

47 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looks like they're hedging on Evans - this kid is coming in for a visit: https://247sports.com/Player/Darvon-Hubbard-46047275/

How did he go from Ohio State commit with big offers to decommitting and only taking official visits to San Diego State, Purdue, and Utah?

I'm guessing there is a red flag or 20 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

How did he go from Ohio State commit with big offers to decommitting and only taking official visits to San Diego State, Purdue, and Utah?

So you’re saying he’ll fit right in at A&M and be a good culture fit for Jimbo’s program?

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Isn't it usually the case that coaches go hunting for assistants in their own coaching tree first and then cast the net wider? Jimbo having longer experience than Herman is more likely to have coaching connections and people he has worked with or has recommendations on.  Isn't that also why UT may be looking at bunch of assistant coaches who all coached at Shippensburg Univ in PA 10 years ago, as one of the resident denizens of this forum pointed out a while back? :) 

Only a guy like Saban can bring in fired head coaches at big P5 schools and have them as assistants or analysts.  Most other corches, sitting or standing national championship winners or not, tend to stick to guys they know and have worked with in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Looks like they're hedging on Evans - this kid is coming in for a visit: https://247sports.com/Player/Darvon-Hubbard-46047275/

A surprise from  Surprise, AZ. hmmm

One of those under-the-radar guys. Way better than Bijan.

;)

Station is lit already even from getting whiffed by Brewster!  :D ;)

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Looks like Jimbo just won a H2H recruiting win against the Buckeyes!! 

REAL. RECRUITING. Jimbo gets his guy, yet again! Whoop!

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

He's just not very good. Early bloomer who regressed.