Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Not mad bro. Just tired of those fuckers lucking into decent players.    This may or may not be another example, guess we will wait and see.  I’d rather them have nothing but 3*s and lose every game in perpetuity until they just shut down the entire thing and fuck sheep for fun. I am looking forward to KKL walking back all that shit she talked last few weeks, tho.   Back to my hole, apologies to the contributors for shitting up the board.  

Man, you ain’t gotta apologize.  Just enjoy the train wreck.  Aggy will never shut up and they will never eat crow.  They are in a perpetual state of delusion.  I mean our intelligence community should really get down to College Station pronto to learn their brainwashing techniques.  It is truly masterful.  Every aggy out there is totally mindfucked in delusion.

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Not mad bro. Just tired of those fuckers lucking into decent players.    This may or may not be another example, guess we will wait and see.  I’d rather them have nothing but 3*s and lose every game in perpetuity until they just shut down the entire thing and fuck sheep for fun. I am looking forward to KKL walking back all that shit she talked last few weeks, tho.   Back to my hole, apologies to the contributors for shitting up the board.  

What part of not winning a conference championship in the last 20+ years and not winning a national championship in 80 years worries you about Evans attending aggy? They’re the definition of perpetual mediocrity. 

4 minutes ago, Istian said:

What part of not winning a conference championship in the last 20+ years and not winning a national championship in 80 years worries you about Evans attending aggy? They’re the definition of perpetual mediocrity. 

Not worried, I don’t think he’ll take them anywhere. I’d just rather they have 0 elite players. I’d be happiest if they landed a full squad of kids that no ones ever heard of.  Pretty simple really.  

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Not worried, I don’t think he’ll take them anywhere. I’d just rather they have 0 elite players. I’d be happiest if they landed a full squad of kids that no ones ever heard of.  Pretty simple really.  

aggy misery is fled by aggy delusion, but also aggy hope.  You have to raise them up sometimes so when they fall back to the ground it will still hurt...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

aggy has always gotten a few"elite" players. Evans is an overrated talent and an obvious team cancer and nothing could be better than him going to aggy and working his rot from the inside and infecting the whole team. This kid is a can't-miss disaster at the next level. 

Again, thank God for Bijan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

You don’t understand how rollercoasters work

People keep bringing up grades but I don't think that's why Georgia let Evans out his LOI. Georgia took a huge risk last  year with Pickens because of grades.  There's more to this story.

Based on Evans history, I bet he had another fuck up with the North Shore coaching staff or did something stupid off the field. The Georgia "reporters" were saying several months ago that the Georgia staff was monitoring Evans and that one more screw up was his last chance. Sounds to me like Evans signed and then screwed up again. 

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

People keep bringing up grades but I don't think that's why Georgia let Evans out his LOI. Georgia took a huge risk last  year with Pickens because of grades.  There's more to this story.

Based on Evans history, I bet he had another fuck up with the North Shore coaching staff or did something stupid off the field. The Georgia "reporters" were saying several months ago that the Georgia staff was monitoring Evans and that one more screw up was his last chance. Sounds to me like Evans signed and then screwed up again. 

Wonder if the Jawja Mods have an end of the cycle behind the scenes write up the way Higdon and EJ did.  Be interested in reading how much more of a roller coaster that recruitment was behind the curtain.

14 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Pretty sure the Georgia coaches got pissed off when they found out he was still contacting other teams after he sent in his LOI

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

This is the perfect post for someone with the handle "AggieDoc11"

Hopefully he's a chiropractor 

let's be honest, that dude is one million percent a veterinarian who demands everyone call him Dr. SoAndSo and whose email is DrJohnSmith@gmail.com

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fud said:

Pretty sure the Georgia coaches got pissed off when they found out he was still contacting other teams after he sent in his LOI

But I’m sure he’ll quit talking to other schools once he gets to the beautiful town of College Station and sees that dominant A&M offensive line. 

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

But I’m sure he’ll quit talking to other schools once he gets to the beautiful town of College Station and sees that dominant A&M offensive line. 

He's got a lot of things going on. He graduated, and assuming he doesn't qualify for this spring, he'll have to find a way to raise his GPA after he graduated (like Mowry apparently somehow did) or he'll have to take an SAT class and raise his test scores. He's not getting help from the school, because they all hate him, and this includes the coaches not allowing him to work out at their facilities. He won't have a lot of structure around him, assuming he doesn't qualify this spring. 

Something I'm also curious about is whether or not he'll be allowed to play in 2020 since he originally signed a LOI for elsewhere. I can't remember, was Lumpkin allowed to play his true freshman year at OU after signing with Texas originally? 

23 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is going to be hilarious. 

There's some overlapping stuff in regards to human psychology going on here that I don't think people are taking into account with Evans yet, or at the very least hasn't been explicitly stated. It's all rolled up into the notion he's a cancer waiting to happen, however..

Evans hasn't exactly shown himself to be emotionally mature in any regard, but getting on TV and begging Georgia to not void his LOI seems to indicate that at the very least, that's the place he'd like to end up. If he really didn't give a rat's ass, he wouldn't have done it. Them telling him to pound sand and him ending up in college station, a place he didn't really ever seem interested in going, has a good chance of becoming a multiplier in regards to adversity to someone like Evans. Have a run in with the coaches? This isn't the staff that was supposed to be coaching me. Don't click with the student body or like the town? This isn't the place I was supposed to be playing football. Trouble with grades? This Georgia support staff would have done a better job helping me. Every possible hint of adversity can compounded by the fact that at his core, Evans is resentful of where he is, and the things that are happening to him because he doesn't think this is where he should have ended up. Again, tell me this isn't just a time bomb waiting to go off in College Station.

Could the kid wake up tomorrow and have been blessed with perspective and accountability? Could he be a superstar at aTm who never gets into a hint of trouble? Sure, all these things are possible. But if I laid a wager, I'd consider the above paragraph I wrote about to be most likely. Popcorn.gif. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Lampkin redshirted but I'm not sure if that was because of NCAA rules or not being ready to play. I'm willing to bet Evans could get a waiver because this sounds like its Georgia's doing and not Evans. 

The counter argument is, why did Georgia do this? 

Anyway, the NCAA doesn't really care about reasoning. They just care about whether or not you lawyer up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's some overlapping stuff in regards to human psychology going on here that I don't think people are taking into account with Evans yet, or at the very least hasn't been explicitly stated. It's all rolled up into the notion he's a cancer waiting to happen, however..

Evans hasn't exactly shown himself to be emotionally mature in any regard, but getting on TV and begging Georgia to not void his LOI seems to indicate that at the very least, that's the place he'd like to end up. If he really didn't give a rat's ass, he wouldn't have done it. Them telling him to pound sand and him ending up in college station, a place he didn't really ever seem interested in going, has a good chance of becoming a multiplier in regards to adversity to someone like Evans. Have a run in with the coaches? This isn't the staff that was supposed to be coaching me. Don't click with the student body or like the town? This isn't the place I was supposed to be playing football. Trouble with grades? This Georgia support staff would have done a better job helping me. Every possible hint of adversity can compounded by the fact that at his core, Evans is resentful of where he is, and the things that are happening to him because he doesn't think this is where he should have ended up. Again, tell me this isn't just a time bomb waiting to go off in College Station.

Could the kid wake up tomorrow and have been blessed with perspective and accountability? Could he be a superstar at aTm who never gets into a hint of trouble? Sure, all these things are possible. But if I laid a wager, I'd consider the above paragraph I wrote about to be most likely. Popcorn.gif. 

Would also add a question of what prevents the kid from shopping the transfer portal at any point?  Whatever aggy is spending to be in the conversation will continue to cost should he sign with them since that is the nature of their relationship.

Edited by Mdhorn

The kid quite obviously has no intention of playing school. He will be leaving for the nfl no matter what happens the next 3 years. Sitting out a year to transfer might get him paid one more time, and give him a year to recover from getting beaten up running behind the aggy OL. It’s a sound business decision. 

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The Ministry has a new talking point

Hide contents

ENm8lbkU0AEdTYr?format=png&name=360x360ENm8l8WUwAMzF2I?format=png&name=360x360ENm8mjLVUAE7Uvi?format=jpg&name=smallENnDOGuUYAEyplH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ah, Tarp. Their resident X's and O's guy who's old enough to have a historical conversation with ArmyBrat and rarely leaves his house because of lingering health issues telling us all about the hot buzz in the coaching industry. 

On a related note, can someone find Ian Boyd's insider information about the coaching landscape that he posts from his desolate outpost in Michigan, or wherever the fuck he lives? Dude has the pulse of the state of Texas for sure.

Edited by SydneyCarton

The premise that 9 wins is some unattainable, unlikely number is absurd. Beyond that, no, 9 wins doesn't save Herman's job anyway. Texas needs to win the conference and be in the playoff picture next season. Short of that and Herman's probably out. Frankly, I think if Texas isn't 11-2 heading into a bowl/CFP or better, they're more likely to have fallen apart and have a 6--6/7-5 record than some middling 9-3. 

People clearly haven't taken a good look at everything returning for various teams yet, but Texas is bringing back a lot. We lose 2 OLs, 3 WRs (2 that we care about), Brandon Jones, Roach, and McCullough. We return 16 starters plus both kickers. A ton of defensive players got experience this fall, even if it was in a terribly structured situation with Orlando. If Texas receives even competent coaching, we should win 11 games before the bowl/CFP. 

LSU loses a comparable amount, plus Burrow and whoever declares early (Delpit, Chaisson, Jefferson, are all possibilities) and I'm interested to see if they retain Brady or not. 

OU loses its 2 best offensive weapons and its 3 best defensive players. They'll be really good, but this should always be a great game.

Baylor loses 11 guys not including early entries or Brewer retiring. KSU basically loses their entire offense. TCU loses a ton on both sides. WVU and KU are pretty far away from being a legitimate threat if UT actually shows up and gives a shit. Tech is meh as usual.

Basically, Iowa State and Oklahoma State both return a ton of talent. Couple those two games with OU and LSU and its a 4 game season. If that's not the case and Texas lays an egg or two in the other games, Herman's flatly gone.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The premise that 9 wins is some unattainable, unlikely number is absurd. Beyond that, no, 9 wins doesn't save Herman's job anyway. Texas needs to win the conference and be in the playoff picture next season. Short of that and Herman's probably out. Frankly, I think if Texas isn't 11-2 heading into a bowl/CFP or better, they're more likely to have fallen apart and have a 6--6/7-5 record than some middling 9-3. 

People clearly haven't taken a good look at everything returning for various teams yet, but Texas is bringing back a lot. We lose 2 OLs, 3 WRs (2 that we care about), Brandon Jones, Roach, and McCullough. We return 16 starters plus both kickers. A ton of defensive players got experience this fall, even if it was in a terribly structured situation with Orlando. If Texas receives even competent coaching, we should win 11 games before the bowl/CFP. 

LSU loses a comparable amount, plus Burrow and whoever declares early (Delpit, Chaisson, Jefferson, are all possibilities) and I'm interested to see if they retain Brady or not. 

OU loses its 2 best offensive weapons and its 3 best defensive players. They'll be really good, but this should always be a great game.

Baylor loses 11 guys not including early entries or Brewer retiring. KSU basically loses their entire offense. TCU loses a ton on both sides. WVU and KU are pretty far away from being a legitimate threat if UT actually shows up and gives a shit. Tech is meh as usual.

Basically, Iowa State and Oklahoma State both return a ton of talent. Couple those two games with OU and LSU and its a 4 game season. If that's not the case and Texas lays an egg or two in the other games, Herman's flatly gone.

If Riley and Rhule both happen to leave for NFL jobs this offseason, there will be absolutely no excuse not to win the conference. It would be the most wide open door we have had since '05.  

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If Riley and Rhule both happen to leave for NFL jobs this offseason, there will be absolutely no excuse not to win the conference. It would be the most wide open door we have had since '05.  

Riley's never given any indication that he's interested in the NFL, nor has he been even rumored to have an interview for any of the open NFL jobs. Very unlikely he's leaving. Regardless, there's no excuse for Herman not to win the conference even if both of these guys stay. The Big 12 was down this year, and likely gets even worse next year, while we will have the most complete roster at UT since 2009. 

4 hours ago, Fud said:

So Smart and Co are gunna get butthurt and just let the guy go? With that much talent, they'll deal with the guy talking to other teams. What you don't deal with is yet another serious fuck-up. Or grades. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That’s all well and good but is an 11 or 12 win season indicative of a healthy program that will have sustainable results, or would it be due to a down conference plus a good senior qb and some juice from new coordinators?  Does a good 2020 but 8 win 2021 get him fired or does he get longer?

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That’s all well and good but is an 11 or 12 win season indicative of a healthy program that will have sustainable results, or would it be due to a down conference plus a good senior qb and some juice from new coordinators?  Does a good 2020 but 8 win 2021 get him fired or does he get longer?

We play LSU out of conference and the Big 12, while down, is probably still the third best conference in the CFB.  11 or 12 wins would be due to good talent he brought in, and a very good coaching job. 

20 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

So Smart and Co are gunna get butthurt and just let the guy go? With that much talent, they'll deal with the guy talking to other teams. What you don't deal with is yet another serious fuck-up. Or grades. 

It's not just getting butthurt about one thing, although I'd make the case that a prospect flirting with other teams a day after signing is something worth getting butthurt over. He got kicked off his team for a few games, missed the first half of his semi-s game to take a test, missed the finals due to acting up, acted like a total shit in general since about January, isn't a lock to qualify (although he has eight months to get there), and probably got paid a bunch of money with the understanding that he needs to shut the recruiting down once he signs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Riley's never given any indication that he's interested in the NFL, nor has he been even rumored to have an interview for any of the open NFL jobs. Very unlikely he's leaving. Regardless, there's no excuse for Herman not to win the conference even if both of these guys stay. The Big 12 was down this year, and likely gets even worse next year, while we will have the most complete roster at UT since 2009. 

He's interested in the NFL. Maybe he stays at OU for the long haul, but he's definitely putting NFL feelers out. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

although I'd make the case that a prospect flirting with other teams a day after signing is something worth getting butthurt over

Not saying it's nothing to get butthurt over, but I'd like to think coaches, especially by gawd SEC coaches out there in a conference that plays the recruiting game like no other, aren't going to let that be the "YOU KNOW WHAT, FUCK IT! FUCK THIS GUY!" 

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Not saying it's nothing to get butthurt over, but I'd like to think coaches, especially by gawd SEC coaches out there in a conference that plays the recruiting game like no other, aren't going to let that be the "YOU KNOW WHAT, FUCK IT! FUCK THIS GUY!" 

Given all the trouble they likely had to go through to get him paid/or promise to be paid, it might be a "fuck this guy" situation 

15 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Given all the trouble they likely had to go through to get him paid/or promise to be paid, it might be a "fuck this guy" situation 

You can't allow someone to change the standard for how business is conducted. If money is paid, the hand is played. Word gets out that: "if you're good enough, you can fuck over any school you want" or "Georgia can be taken for a ride" and suddenly the school(s) has lost all control of the process.

Georgia is as fucked up and corrupt in the recruiting game right now as anyone except, apparently, ATM and probably soon to be Ole Miss (again), but they can't take a semi-public depantsing from a recruit and their faction, no matter how good the recruit may be. In this situation, putting Zack Evans' head on a spike and parading it around for all of the agents and handlers to see serves as a good cautionary tale with corrupt recruitments going forward. 

I expect a Maurice Clarrett-level career arc for Evans. ATM will find a way to get him in. He'll be celebrated by the ignorant non-recruiting CFB media as a recruiting coup for ol'Jimbo and a sure-fire sign that "the sleeping giant has awoken!!!! root toot!! hullabaloo caneck caneck!!! yackety sax!!". They'll do what they can to feed him the rock in 2020 and if he stays healthy, he'll have a great season for an 11-2 team. Everyone will keep telling him how amazing he is until gloriously fucks something up in the offseason through his arrogance and penchant for doing whatever the fuck he wants, irrespective of consequences. He'll then eventually wind up fringing NFL rosters before winding up on a porch in Galena Park or prison. The whole way through all of that, there will be occasional sympathy stories from your Tom Rinaldi types that pop up every year or two.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

.....and just exactly what does aggy have to lose by signing him?   

Their RB depth chart is thinner than our ILB depth chart.  They need a grad transfer at RB, not a 5-star headcase who's not even going to be eligible to play next season.  

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I expect a Maurice Clarrett-level career arc for Evans. ATM will find a way to get him in. He'll be celebrated by the ignorant non-recruiting CFB media as a recruiting coup for ol'Jimbo and a sure-fire sign that "the sleeping giant has awoken!!!! root toot!! hullabaloo caneck caneck!!! yackety sax!!". They'll do what they can to feed him the rock in 2020 and if he stays healthy, he'll have a great season for an 11-2 team. Everyone will keep telling him how amazing he is until gloriously fucks something up in the offseason through his arrogance and penchant for doing whatever the fuck he wants, irrespective of consequences. He'll then eventually wind up fringing NFL rosters before winding up on a porch in Galena Park or prison. The whole way through all of that, there will be occasional sympathy stories from your Tom Rinaldi types that pop up every year or two.

The other funny part is that the Maurice Clarrett arc ends up with him weighing 350 pounds in like 3 years, and based on his brother, we already know he has the genes for it.

16 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Sadly, he's a pediatrician.

I encountered some pretty incompetent pediatricians in my time in College Station. It's one of the reasons we left, actually -- medical practitioners in that dump are not particularly skilled, either medically or as service agents. Captive audience, though -- slap an aggy diploma on the wall, and you'll get hordes of aggy customers.

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You can't allow someone to change the standard for how business is conducted. If money is paid, the hand is played. Word gets out that: "if you're good enough, you can fuck over any school you want" or "Georgia can be taken for a ride" and suddenly the school(s) has lost all control of the process.

Georgia is as fucked up and corrupt in the recruiting game right now as anyone except, apparently, ATM and probably soon to be Ole Miss (again), but they can't take a semi-public depantsing from a recruit and their faction, no matter how good the recruit may be. In this situation, putting Zack Evans' head on a spike and parading it around for all of the agents and handlers to see serves as a good cautionary tale with corrupt recruitments going forward. 

I'm not disagreeing with any of this, but this seems like the rough equivalent of wanting to go to the cops after you've been robbed during a drug deal. What is Georgia's true recourse here? Ask for their money back? So they give Evans a big fat PR hickey and he has to do the walk of shame during a high school all-star game, but he's still going to play college football somewhere (grades permitting) eventually and his handler is probably going to get another payday out of it. I'm not seeing how this is much different from aggy buying Eric Dickerson a Trans Am before he goes to SMU. 

6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm not disagreeing with any of this, but this seems like the rough equivalent of wanting to go to the cops after you've been robbed during a drug deal. What is Georgia's true recourse here? Ask for their money back? So they give Evans a big fat PR hickey and he has to do the walk of shame during a high school all-star game, but he's still going to play college football somewhere (grades permitting) eventually and his handler is probably going to get another payday out of it. I'm not seeing how this is much different from aggy buying Eric Dickerson a Trans Am before he goes to SMU. 

guessing that they end up chalking it up to the cost of doing business and be glad they dodged the bullet before he was on campus?

didn't someone say that as of today his NLI is invalidated anyway?

Edited by NoName

18 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The difference is that Eric Dickerson clearly didn't want to end up at aTm, and Evans is going to end up at aTm. Georgia will eat the money here, and the next time a recruit who legitimately wants to go to Georgia but is trying to squeeze the maximum amount of cash out of other schools after Georgia has paid, they will think twice. Ending up in College Station is the punishment. Georgia's recourse is making sure it doesn't happen again. 

Personally I'm delighted by all of this for several reasons. It's nice to see a cheating POS program like Georgia get taken to the cleaners for once. But at the same time, the guy who stole their money also loses because he desperately wants to go to Georgia, but he fucked it all up, and he happens to be a piece of shit. Finally, aTm gets a potential locker room cancer and time bomb. It's fun on a lot of levels. The cherry on top would be some other programs saying Fuck It and swooping in out of nowhere to fight with aTm for Evans, like Oregon or Ohio State or even someone like Nebraska and make aTm eat even more shit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2