A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

So, the Court did find that Trump raped E. Jean Carroll, after all, despite his and his lawyer’s protestations to the contrary:

The jury’s finding of sexual abuse therefore necessarily implies that it found that Mr. Trump forcibly penetrated her," and the damages are therefore not excessive, Kaplan wrote. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-denied-new-trial-e-jean-carrolls-sexual-assault-defamation-case-rcna95114

17 minutes ago, Satchel said:

So, the Court did find that Trump raped E. Jean Carroll, after all, despite his and his lawyer’s protestations to the contrary:

The jury’s finding of sexual abuse therefore necessarily implies that it found that Mr. Trump forcibly penetrated her," and the damages are therefore not excessive, Kaplan wrote. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-denied-new-trial-e-jean-carrolls-sexual-assault-defamation-case-rcna95114

Well, it depends on your definition of rape.  In NY, under their criminal law, it requires entry by peen.  She pretty much admitted she wasn't sure it was peen, so not technically rape.   

Among other things, they were trying to argue that without rape, the damages could not be that high.  The judge hypothetically agreed, if it was nothing more than a grope, but the jury found and the evidence supported a short-fingered, vulgarian fingerblast, which is sufficiently offensive to support that kind of damages.

51 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it depends on your definition of rape.  In NY, under their criminal law, it requires entry by peen.  She pretty much admitted she wasn't sure it was peen, so not technically rape.   

Among other things, they were trying to argue that without rape, the damages could not be that high.  The judge hypothetically agreed, if it was nothing more than a grope, but the jury found and the evidence supported a short-fingered, vulgarian fingerblast, which is sufficiently offensive to support that kind of damages.

But the judge said:

Trump has filed a counterclaim alleging Carroll defamed him by continuing to say he raped her in public statements following the jury verdict. 

In his ruling Wednesday, Judge Kaplan indicated that may be a losing argument. 

He noted that rape in New York criminal law "applies only to vaginal penetration by a penis," a definition that is "far narrower than the meaning of ‘rape’ in common modern parlance, its definition in some dictionaries, in some federal and state criminal statutes, and elsewhere." 

"The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was 'raped' within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump 'raped' her as many people commonly understand the word 'rape.' Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that," he wrote.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Wasn’t “Vulgarian Fingerblast” the B-side to Olaf’s “Beserker”???

No, it was the b-side to Judas Priest's Turbo Lover, which does in fact give it an entirely different meaning.  Context.  

• Drool 1

On 7/17/2023 at 9:13 PM, TwiceHorn said:

They first filed in the court that was supervising the special purpose grand jury, in March.  That judge has sat on it until now (he's not going to give them anything).  They filed the second and third last week with another Fulton County Superior Court (a trial court like the first one) and the Ga. Supreme Court, styled this time as "writs of mandamus," which is kind of like "we're right, make the first judge rule and rule our way."  These are all considerable long shots, like most other attempts by Trump to short circuit investigations, lawsuits, and now indictments.

I begin to think you are Surly's staff attorney, my friend. As such, does my $3.50 a month entitle me to your legal representation at no cost? Fucking @Brisketexan wanted $29.95 an hour. Fuck that.

I ain't fancy people.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

Is that really how it went down?   The shitty Russian missile just barely nicked its lumbering target ???  Is that missile system really supposed to hit a real military target with evasive maneuvers and systems on board?

40 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Is that really how it went down?   The shitty Russian missile just barely nicked its lumbering target ???  Is that missile system really supposed to hit a real military target with evasive maneuvers and systems on board?

I couldn't find another video recreation I saw, but here's something instructive:

spacer.png

The warhead detonated and sprayed shrapnel throughout the cockpit area. I'm sure it would work on a warplane as well. I hadn't known of this technique.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Felix said:

aircraft are fragile

aircraft are funny like that - sometimes shrapnel is enough to be critical damage, and other times an F-15 can fly all the way home and land missing and entire wing! But that is comparing apples and oranges between a civilian liner vs a top-tier fighter lol

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

aircraft are funny like that - sometimes shrapnel is enough to be critical damage, and other times an F-15 can fly all the way home and land missing and entire wing! But that is comparing apples and oranges between a civilian liner vs a top-tier fighter lol

Agreed.  All aircraft are somewhat fragile just because they have to be as light as possible, but the difference in civilian and military is vast.  Unfortunately modern anti-aircraft systems are really good at taking them down.

9 hours ago, Felix said:

Pretty much all air to air or SAMs have a proximity fused warhead.  Much, much easier than direct hits and aircraft are fragile.

Yeah, the proximity fuse, US-termed Fuse VT, was a huge development during WWII for anti-aircraft artillery, and a lot of other applications.  It's been a thing ever since.

Direct hits on aircraft haven't been a thing for 75 years.

My Dad was a gunnery officer on a Fletcher class DD, with three types of AA armament, 5"/38 cannon that used fuse vt for AA purposes, 40mm Bofors cannon, and 20mm Oerlikon.  Dad's personal opinion was that the 20mm was the best of the bunch.  However, that opinion was probably influenced by the most intense AA action occurring at Okinawa against kamikazes at short range, where the Oerlikon excelled and visibly saved a lot of bacon.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

She drools just like Jabba the Hut drools! 

Gotta give Trump credit, he perfectly skirted that question because he's not religious and has no faith mentors, but he still got 4 separate rounds of applause during a circular answer that went nowhere, slowly. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, YGIFS said:

She drools just like Jabba the Hut drools! 

Gotta give Trump credit, he perfectly skirted that question because he's not religious and has no faith mentors, but he still got 4 separate rounds of applause during a circular answer that went nowhere, slowly. 

Yeah another great example of him filling the channel with irrelevant bullshit that people seem to eat up.

• Rage+1 1

"But Mr. Trump, specifically to your faith and Christianity...how has that changed since 2015?"

-Well, I made American great.  And now it's not so great, but I can make it great again!

"Made it great and make it great again...through your faith?"

-Well by being President!

"Yes, but you're not President anymore.  Can you tell us how being President, and now not being President, has colored your journey of faith?"

-Look, before 2015...I was a developer.  I didn't know what a subpoena was!

"Okay, well tell us about some of your mentors in faith and spirituality then please..."

-Same thing with the Catholics, they're being persecuted just like me.

"You're both being persecuted because of your faith you mean?"

-Well by Joe Biden.  I don't get it.  I've met tremendous people that didn't know what a Grand Jury was either.  Despite having been selected to serve on one in Manhattan back in the 1980s.  

"You're commitment to Jesus is so obvious.  We thank you for joining us this evening."

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Actually, he fucking sucks at it, but his base is too stupid to realize.

This. My fucking god this. He just jabbers about nothing, but has this weird charisma that appeals to the dumbest people. He’s a savant in that sense. In every other sense, he’s every bit of an insane moron as the rest of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This. My fucking god this. He just jabbers about nothing, but has this weird charisma that appeals to the dumbest people. He’s a savant in that sense. In every other sense, he’s every bit of an insane moron as the rest of them. 

That lady after all of the last 7 some odd years, asked him about his faith, which should be glaringly apparent is non-existent.  It would be interesting to see an after-action report and see if she's even slightly perturbed that he completely dodged her question.

• Hook 'Em 1