Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

42 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not to quibble, but I remember Albert Means at 80k. Cam Newton was 200k, I thought, and Waddle was definitely 200k. I'm not sure there's a magic ceiling. 

My understanding on the gentleman’s agreement is that you don’t get to outbid the team whose recruiting grounds you are hunting in. You can match but not best the payola. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Its a bit of a gut punch - he was the assistant I was most excited about.

Curious to see what names get mentioned, if any, outside of the obvious.

Flood was my personal favorite of the names, and he's apparently happening, so hallelujah.

TE I'm genuinely curious who his backup choice is. Great spot for a rainmaker guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

McGuire was on a Jeff Traylor-esque career trajectory before that DWI happened. Now he's slumming it at Baylor. Crazy how fate can intervene.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The Nahlin update came before the FootballScoop report

So the the footballscoop report is the "did something else happen?" I mean obviously I'm asking because I have no clue and missed something. 

edit: quick twitter search and I found it that it's expected he remains at Bama. Boo

Edited by UncleBuck

Just now, texifornia said:

Flood was my personal favorite of the names, and he's apparently happening, so hallelujah.

TE I'm genuinely curious who his backup choice is. Great spot for a rainmaker guy.

Especially if you’re keeping a non-rainmaker at RB coach. Drayton was a better volume recruiter under Urban. I wonder if his recruiting will improve some if the HC requires more of him. Herman seemed pretty terrible at managing his assistants’ recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

My bigger attraction to Banks was taking his Texas recruiting away from Bama.....he is far more replaceable to me then Flood for this staff.

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

So the the footballscoop report is the "did something else happen?" I mean obviously I'm asking because I have no clue and missed something. 

Yes, IT is backing off of Banks, and the footballscoop report is the 2nd data point that Banks is staying. Sucks because I was getting excited about Banks wrecking shop in Texas for Texas, but Brewster would be a great consolation prize as would McGuire.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Cmon. This isn’t hard. It’s Brewster. It’s always been Brewster. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Here are some names I'd keep an eye on:

Larry Porter - Auburn

Tim Brewster - Florida

Joey McGuire - Baylor

Is Brewster legit or is this just the annual new Coach is gonna bring Brewster back to Texas and we are gonna get all the recruits speculation?

Honest question, I don't know if he and Sark have any kind of connection, which seems to matter more in coaching hires then fans realise.

Just now, TexasRenegade said:

Is Brewster legit or is this just the annual new Coach is gonna bring Brewster back to Texas and we are gonna get all the recruits speculation?

Honest question, I don't know if he and Sark have any kind of connection, which seems to matter more in coaching hires then fans realise.

He's always a legit coach/recruiter and you have to bring him up EVERYTIME that Texas has a coaching search for his position. 

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Saban wasn’t going to let Banks go with out a fight, Flood is Sarks guy, Banks isn’t and it looks like Saban won that battle.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Gideon coaches DBs not TE. Special team wise it makes sense but I think they will hire a DC before they worry about STs or DBs

Yeah I was referring to Banks as ST coach and Sark might be trying to get Gideon to do that if he works as a DB coach as well.  His ST do kick ass

Just now, MoJames said:

Why did you link all time for 1 but specific years for the other?

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Honest question - is the Flood hype all tied to his 2 years at Bama or has he done anything beyond that? All I see is Rutgers which isn't too exciting. Bama can distort the picture with their athletic advantages

His time at Rutgers was pretty fucking exciting if you watch football. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Gerry Hamilton has a Louisiana source who thinks Raymond is still in play, regardless of Muschamp.

I'll believe it when I see it.

If we can get Corey Raymond, we need to do so asafp. Any potential dc that wouldn’t be ok with that shouldn’t be hired just because of that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Honest question - is the Flood hype all tied to his 2 years at Bama or has he done anything beyond that? All I see is Rutgers which isn't too exciting. Bama can distort the picture with their athletic advantages

He did take Rutgers to 3 bowl games, so there’s that.

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

He was the OC/OL coach at Rutgers under Schiano.  That line was really good.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No one. Ewers isn't coming back. 

spacer.png

But seriously, I wouldn't expect it either, though I know we've been told he was high on Alabama at one point. Not sure how that intersects with Sark and/or anyone he would bring from Bama, and if it were just more a Saban/Bama success attraction. 

Edited by UncleBuck