Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

22 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sark is looking to be the best coach we've had since Royal. Everybody is going to be watching Texas this off season. Oklahoma is probably saying to itself "Shit. We shoulda let Herman beat us this year." The Red River shootout is going back to the old days when it REALLY meant something. Hope they can finally get away from those fucking 11AM start times.

Yes F 11am

I will be extremely underwhelmed if Coleman is retained.  Move him to an analyst role or let him take another WR job. No one is hiring him away from us for a reason.  There are many good WR coaches in the country.  There is a reason we aren’t getting any top WRs in state.  He sucks.  

4 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

If they are really hiring noted incompetent asshole BoB to replace Sark, you would think these guys would be interested in getting out while the getting is good.

People said the same about Sarkesian and Lane Kiffen when they were hired. As long as Saban is there they will be a force. The machine is real.

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Hard pass on Coleman. There’s no data to points to support him other than “Sark likes him”. Widen the search  if Wiggins and Simmons said no. 

I mean - Bill Snyder thought enough of him to promote him to OC. And then he came to Texas and did enough as an analyst to earn the WR coach job. And now our new coach thinks enough of him to keep him as a WR coach.  Those seem like some data points. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

I mean - Bill Snyder thought enough of him to promote him to OC. And then he came to Texas and did enough as an analyst to earn the WR coach job. And now our new coach thinks enough of him to keep him as a WR coach.  Those seem like some data points. 

OK. Show me the recruits. The 2021 WR class is warmed over shit. 

6 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

No. There’s absolutely no evidence that Samples is worth a damn as a coach. He’s the “John Chiles should starts” of coaches. 

Look, if we cant get an elite developer then we may as well get an elite recruiter. Coleman sucked at both this year. 

Just now, Dijon Robinson said:

Trying not to doompost but if Sark passed on all these guys and ignored Raymond's overtures I'm really fucking hoping he has an ace up his sleeve

There are a lot of good coaches out there. Maybe Nick advised Sark to interview someone off our radar. I hope he followed leads like that.

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

OK. Show me the recruits. The 2021 WR class is warmed over shit. 

Alexis was actually a really nice get. Lee is fast and fun. Cain feels powerfully like one of Herman's "he's tall though" takes.

Far from a great class, but it's got two guys that could be really solid.

Edited by texifornia

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Folks forgetting about us getting Troy O back this year. Dude was a fucking star in camp, sark is going to do wonders with him regardless of who’s coaching receivers

Because if there's one thing the last several years have taught us, it's that sunshine-laden $9.95-er reports from spring camp are reliable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Trying not to doompost but if Sark passed on all these guys and ignored Raymond's overtures I'm really fucking hoping he has an ace up his sleeve

$9.95ers haven't been right about anything other than Herman was gone. Why would be believe them on this?

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Alexis was actually a really nice get. Lee is fast and fun. Cain feels powerfully like one of Herman's "he's tall though" takes.

I don't even know if Coleman had much input [on Cain] at the time. All the reports surrounding him said something to the effect of "Yurcich identified and pursued him."

Edited by satyanash