Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

A bunch of posters worse than you throwing out stupid questions and worse memes. 

To echo this, I've been a subscriber to IT since 2003 and I have probably 60% of the posters on ignore.  I can't even imagine how much dumber it might get if Orangebloods ever goes under. 

• Haha 2

Everyone has said this is purely a NIL recruitment.  IT guys have also said the Duncanville coaches want their players to shut their recruitments down prior to the season. We don’t have a big QB recruit this cycle so maybe Texas has a big NIL package for him and he will start day 1 at Texas.  We check a lot of boxes if the money is there.

• Hook 'Em 2

So, here's something I noticed. 

- Gibson's lowest overall rating is by 247Sports;  they rate him #87 overall.

- They do rate him the #2 RB, however.

- Among their first 86 overall prospects - all rated higher overall than their own #2 RB, Gibson - they have

- 15 WRs

- 13 DL

- 8 LBs

- 7 TEs

Even if they're reflecting some undervaluing of the RB position by the NFL (Bijan quietly chuckles), that's still crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Everyone has said this is purely a NIL recruitment.  IT guys have also said the Duncanville coaches want their players to shut their recruitments down prior to the season. We don’t have a big QB recruit this cycle so maybe Texas has a big NIL package for him and he will start day 1 at Texas.  We check a lot of boxes if the money is there.

Kinda GIF

59 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- Bijan

- Brooks

- Blue

- Red

- Baxter

- Wisner

- Gibson

- Clark

Wow!

Good list..not sure if you’re aware that Bijan got drafted however

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls