Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Spent the last several days in Nebraska with my relatives from there, including a former coordinator at Wyoming. They are downright giddy about Rhule, and sense major change in the program. 

Well no shit, Casey Thompsons toxic ass is out of there and on the his next/previous coaching victim.

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Spent the last several days in Nebraska with my relatives from there, including a former coordinator at Wyoming. They are downright giddy about Rhule, and sense major change in the program. 

Replace Rhule with Frost and last several days with three years ago and it's still accurate. 

(I do think Rhule is better than Frost)

15 minutes ago, RabidM said:

The Arch Manning card auction is over $60,000 with almost 4 days left. That thing is going to bring in 6figs. 

All I’ve read is his tweet.  Is the nft company share also going to st David’s?  They’d look greedy if not, but with businesses you never know.  Hopefully this is a marketing expense for them and it’s all going towards the hospital. 

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

They were downright giddy about Scott Frost.  They thought he was the second coming. I shit you not:  when Frost arrivedl in Lincoln, the Nebraska governor ordered a commemorative state holiday in which the governor declared the first of Sept. "Scott Frost Day."  I am not making this up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All I’ve read is his tweet.  Is the nft company share also going to st David’s?  They’d look greedy if not, but with businesses you never know.  Hopefully this is a marketing expense for them and it’s all going towards the hospital. 

Looks good. This is from the auction listing:  One hundred percent of proceeds from the sale of the Manning Prizm card will benefit children and their families in Central Texas with support from St. David’s HealthCare and St. David’s Foundation.

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

They were downright giddy about Scott Frost.  They thought he was the second coming. I shit you not:  when Frost arrivedl in Lincoln, the Nebraska governor ordered a commemorative state holiday in which the governor declared the first of Sept. "Scott Frost Day."  I am not making this up.

the info in his wiki on this is amazing

On December 2, 2017, Frost accepted the head football coach position at his alma mater, the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Despite immediate fanfare following Frost's arrival in Lincoln, including a commemorative state holiday in which Governor Pete Ricketts declared September 1 as "Scott Frost Day," Frost's 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers began the season with six straight losses, the worst start to a football season in school history. Scott Frost finished his first season 4–8, the worst single-season record of any Nebraska head football coach in more than fifty years

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Scott Frost tangent is making me laugh for two reasons. First, that shit is hilarious. Someone find the Tim Brando tweets and more hagiographies on the guy. Second, the recruiting purists have just nearly shamed the thread into steering back on topic and away from Charleston and now it’s Frosty the Closet-hider-man time. 

@SydneyCarton

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Scott Frost tangent is making me laugh for two reasons. First, that shit is hilarious. Someone find the Tim Brando tweets and more hagiographies on the guy. Second, the recruiting purists have just nearly shamed the thread into steering back on topic and away from Charleston and now it’s Frosty the Closet-hider-man time. 

@SydneyCarton

These are the droids you're looking for.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

@SydneyCarton

Little known fact, that September 1, 2018, aka "Scott Frost Day," actually checks in as the highest number of calls to 911 ever recorded in the entire history of the state of Nebraska for a single day. Almost all of them were domestic violence cases, although there were plenty of calls about suspicous "little bitch" types lurking and skulking around people's property. It seems there was just a rash of infidelity, often among neighbors, where the perpetrators end up being caught, the men fled, and the women just had the shit kicked out of them by husbands and boyfriends. I believe there were over 900 calls to Nebraska's emergency service lines by women begging for help against the abuse, or stangely the cucked bragging about their crimes and strangely telling the cops they were going to find the "pasty bitch" responsible and rip his head clean off. 

Tom Osborne called in one of his last political favors to claim the cancelling of the Akron and Nebraska game was due to inclement weather, but the reality is that no one could actually find Scott Frost until 4 days after September 1st. It was on September 5th that a janitor inside Memorial Stadium was cleaning when Frost just tumbled out of a storage closet, whimpering in his piss stained pants, amidst a pile of old mops hermetically sealed program guides from the 1971 football season. The Janitor called the athletic department, Frost was whisked away, and then went on to lose his first 6 straight games as the head coach of Nebraska.

But almost no one speaks of Scott Frost Day, and those that do in hushed tones often refer to it as something much more ominous: Larwence Phillips Day. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Little known fact, that September 1, 2018, aka "Scott Frost Day," actually checks in as the highest number of calls to 911 ever recorded in the entire history of the state of Nebraska for a single day. Almost all of them were domestic violence cases, although there were plenty of calls about suspicous "little bitch" types lurking and skulking around people's property. It seems there was just a rash of infidelity, often among neighbors, where the perpetrators end up being caught, the men fled, and the women just had the shit kicked out of them by husbands and boyfriends. I believe there were over 900 calls to Nebraska's emergency service lines by women begging for help against the abuse, or stangely the men bragging about their crimes and strangely telling the cops they were going to find the "pasty bitch" responsible and rip his head clean off. 

Tom Osborne called in one of his last political favors to claim the cancelling of the Akron and Nebraska game was due to inclement weather, but the reality is that no one could actually find Scott Frost until 4 days after September 1st. It was on September 5th that a janitor inside Memorial Stadium was cleaning when Frost just tumbled out of a storage closet, whimpering in his piss stained pants, amidst a pile of old mops hermetically sealed program guides from the 1971 football season. The Janitor called the athletic department, Frost was whisked away, and then went on to lose his first 6 straight games as the head coach of Nebraska.

But almost no one speaks of Scott Frost Day, and those that do in hushed tones often refer to it as something much more ominous: Larwence Phillips Day. 

Go on.

12 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

5FA1930F-D487-4133-BBCC-3E44772B371D.thumb.jpeg.139750606dc2509acc723627d3b576c9.jpeg

Gipson broke them

I always love how fans forgot Texas was signing a top 5 class after a 5-7 abortion. I bitch about recruiting misses, but it isnt representative of the results. Texas has recruited amazingly well for a team that has averaged 7 wins over the last 4 years. He should be impressed with Texas's recruiting efforts. 

Edited by Codaxx

I always love how fans forgot Texas was signing a top 5 class after a 5-7 abortion. I bitch about recruiting misses, but it isnt representative of the results. Texas has recruited amazingly well for a team that has averaged 7 wins over the last 4 years. He should be impressed with Texas's recruiting efforts. 

Well, it’s a little different — Sark was coming off year 1 at 5-7, and Jimbo is coming off 5-7 in year 5… Any coach at a blue blood gets a significant recruiting bounce in year 2 regardless of record (ex: Charlie Strong, Venables)
  • Hook 'Em 1

Gerry Hamilton: Huge month ahead for Texas Longhorns recruiting

Steve Sarkisian and staff know what is in front of them headed into August. There is the start of fall camp August 2, and a number of 2024 targets that are closing in on decisions. The month of August is setting up to be one that ultimately defines just how impressive the Texas Longhorns’ 2024 class will be. Inside Texas takes a look at what is ahead of Texas on the recruiting trail with July coming to a close.

August/September Decisions

Colin Simmons, EDGE, Duncanville (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 5 (5-star)
Visit schedule: Miami June 9-11 (OV), Alabama June 16-18 (OV), Oregon June 20-21, Texas June 23-25 (OV), LSU July 28-29
First two mentioned: Texas and LSU
Also in the hunt: Texas A&M
The timeline: Signs continue to move toward the 5-star speeding up his timeline with a decision prior to his senior season.

Brandon Baker, OT, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 22 (5-star)
Official visits: Ohio State June 9-11, Texas June 16-18, Georgia June 23-25
First three mentioned: Texas, Ohio State and Oregon
Also in the hunt: Nebraska, Tennessee
The timeline: A decision continues to be more likely in August or September vs. later in the season.

Dominick McKinley, DL, Lafayette (La.) Acadiana
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 23 (5-star)
Official visits: Ohio State June 2-4, Texas A&M June 9-11, Oklahoma June 16-18, Texas June 23-25
First two mentioned: Oklahoma and Texas
Also in the hunt: Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama
The timeline: The timeline is moving from the Under Armour All-America Game announcement in early January of 2024 to before his senior season, as of Tuesday.

Blake Ivy, IOL, League City (Texas) Clear Springs
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 114 (4-star)
Official visits: Texas A&M June 9-11, Texas June 16-18, LSU June 23-25
First two mentioned: Texas A&M and LSU
Also in the hunt: Texas
The timeline: A decision is fully expected in August, and could be early August.

T.J. Lindsey, DL, Bryant (Ark.) IMG Academy
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 324 (4-star)
Official visits: Auburn June 2-4, Miami June 9-11, Texas A&M June 16-18, Texas June 23-25
First two mentioned: Auburn and Texas
Also in the hunt: Texas A&M and Miami
The timeline: A decision could come before the start of the season.

Zina Umeozulu, EDGE, Allen (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 242 (4-star)
Official visits: Texas A&M June 9-11, Oklahoma June 16-18, Texas June 23-25
First two mentioned: Texas and Oklahoma
Also in the hunt: Texas A&M and Oregon
The timeline: A decision before or early in the season is preferred by the circle.

Wardell Mack, CB, Marrero (La.) John Ehret
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 71 (4-star)
First three mentioned: LSU, Texas and Florida
Also in the hunt: Florida State
Official visits: Florida State June 2-4, Florida June 16-18, Texas June 23-25
The timeline: Mack is expected to announce in the first half of August.

Joshua Lair, S, Missouri City (Texas) Marshall
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 431 (3-star)
First two mentioned: LSU and Texas
Also in the hunt: Baylor
Official visits: LSU June 2-4, Baylor June 9-11, Texas June 16-18
The timeline: Lair is expected to announce prior to the start of the season.

Before season or in the fall

Kobe Black, CB, Waco (Texas) Connally
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 25 (5-star)
Official visits: Oklahoma June 9-11, Ohio State June 16-18, Texas June 23-25
First two mentioned: Texas and LSU
Also in the hunt: Texas A&M, Oregon
The timeline: This one could happen around the start of the season, or carry into the fall. A September official visit to LSU is currently scheduled, as is an October official to Texas A&M.

Danny Okoye, EDGE, Tulsa (Okla.) NOAH Homeschool
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 190 (4-star)
Official visits: Texas June 16-18
First two mentioned: Tennessee and Texas
Also in the hunt: Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma
The timeline: A wildcard recruitment in many ways, including timeline. Okoye thought about a late June pledge to the Vols, but slowed down the process.

Jordan Ross, EDGE, Birmingham (Ala.) Vestavia Hills
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 33 (4-star)
Official visits: Florida June 2-4, Georgia June 9-11, Texas June 16-18, Tennessee June 23-25
The timeline: The circle would like a decision prior to senior season. If not, USC and Oregon would likely get fall official visits.

Terry Bussey, WR, Timpson (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 19 (5-star)
Official visits: Oklahoma June 16-18, Texas June 23-25
First two mentioned: Texas A&M and Texas
Also in the hunt: Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU
The timeline: A decision timeline is certainly fluid with Bussey. He has an official visit set to Alabama the weekend of the Texas game, if he remains in play.

October or November

DeAndre Carter, IOL, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 146 (4-star)
Official visits: Auburn June 16-18, Michigan State June 23-25, Texas September 30
First three mentioned: Texas, Auburn and USC
Also in the hunt: Michigan State and possibly UCLA
The timeline: Anytime on October or November as of now.

December or January, currently

Ryan Wingo, WR, Saint Louis (Mo.) University
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 24 (5-star)
Official visits: Georgia June 2-4, Michigan June 9-11, Texas June 16-18, Missouri June 23-25
First two mentioned: Texas and Tennessee
Also in the hunt: Missouri, Georgia, Michigan
The timeline: This one is currently December, but that is definitely subject to change.

Micah Hudson, WR, Temple (Texas) Lake Belton
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 6 (5-star)
Official visit schedule: Texas Tech June 16-18
First two mentioned: Texas Tech and Texas
Also in the hunt: Ohio State, Georgia
The timeline: The Under Armour All-American Game is being talked about, but that’s a long ways away in the recruiting world.

• Hook 'Em 4

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls