Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

15 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Not just IT, the 247 guys have the same confidence. 

But is their confidence falling? Is LSU making a late push in the recruitment? Are they surging? Has the clerk at the 7-Eleven on MLK chimed in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

After reading Frenzy’s Twitter posts, sure seems like more confidence by the LSU mods than what our guys keep rehashing.

He just came off a visit to LSU so of course they'll be more confident. A better comparison would be how confident the Texas guys were after his official visit here. Regardless I think the main thing to watch out for here is if Durham and Simmons are announcing together.

He just came off a visit to LSU so of course they'll be more confident. A better comparison would be how confident the Texas guys were after his official visit here. Regardless I think the main thing to watch out for here is if Durham and Simmons are announcing together.

No doubt there is an elevated confidence right after a visit, unfortunately announcing right after the LSU visit doesn’t seem ideal imo. Sure the hell hope they aren’t announcing together.

Remember CTJ posting a couple of months ago to forget about Simmons. He was infatuated with LSU. Then Texas disrupted things with an amazing push. LSU just spent the weekend matching that push. I’m leaning to CTJ’s original thoughts on this one. As long as LSU convinced him that they can match it all. Just like when CTJ laid out why Gipson to Clemson made the most sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 46andtoo said:

Remember CTJ posting a couple of months ago to forget about Simmons. He was infatuated with LSU. Then Texas disrupted things with an amazing push. LSU just spent the weekend matching that push. I’m leaning to CTJ’s original thoughts on this one. As long as LSU convinced him that they can match it all. Just like when CTJ laid out why Gipson to Clemson made the most sense.

LSU also fumbled some things and he reportedly caught coaches in a lie?

I thought he was saying forget about Simmons until NSD1 because the recruitment was going to not end until then? and that if it was a NIL push, Texas would be in it/had the money but that it would take some twists and turns (which it has)?

if he has more faith in Jimmy Lindsey putting him in the NFL than Bo Davis, then best of luck to him. but if it was about putting players in the NFL exclusively, wouldn't he go play under Freddie Roach at Alabama?

Edited by NoName

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

LSU also fumbled some things and he reportedly caught coaches in a lie?

I thought he was saying forget about Simmons until NSD1 because the recruitment was going to not end until then? and that if it was a NIL push, Texas would be in it/had the money but that it would take some twists and turns (which it has)?

This is all true, but if it was my money, Simmons is the one recruit to emphasize this cycle. We need to keep the best players in state and keep LSU and Alabama out. We also need to keep the Dallas pipeline alive. Letting LSU get another Chaisson sets a bad precedent.

• Hook 'Em 5

48 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

After reading Frenzy’s Twitter posts, sure seems like more confidence by the LSU mods than what our guys keep rehashing.

The LSU mods who said 48 hours ago that the recruitment was headed to December and to not get too caught up in it right now?

26 minutes ago, 46andtoo said:

CTJ also said Texas was not going to lose Simmons over NIL. From what we know, if we are going to blow our NIL wad on anyone this cycle, it’s for Simmons. This kid seems to be big on personal branding and maximizing his NIL potential, and the opportunities in Austin are going to be much better than in Baton Rouge. 

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The LSU mods who said 48 hours ago that the recruitment was headed to December and to not get too caught up in it right now?

One thing IT guys keep saying is that Simmons is extremely savvy about recruiting. That leads me to believe that none of the 9.95ers have the full story. This seems like one of those recruitments that we will not get full clarity, until Fong does his thing hours before the announcement

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, 46andtoo said:

CTJ also said we will do whatever it takes to land Simmons

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

This is all true, but if it was my money, Simmons is the one recruit to emphasize this cycle. We need to keep the best players in state and keep LSU and Alabama out. We also need to keep the Dallas pipeline alive. Letting LSU get another Chaisson sets a bad precedent.

CTJ has said that NIL will not be a reason we lose Simmons.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

The LSU on3 mods (Shea Dixon and Billy Embody) both seemed more caught off guard and were talking about a December decision coming out of the weekend. Even Dixon said last night that he doesn't have a true feel for these type of recruitments until the decision date is closer. Spiegelman, who is from Louisiana and has tons of connections, called it a coin flip on Monday when interviewed by a LSU radio station.

Screenshot2023-08-02at9_31_27AM.thumb.png.6e9b793ae51084f556bf28af5c73753a.pngScreenshot2023-08-02at9_31_36AM.thumb.png.6c111d333143b206b4adecb976eb8692.png

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Look if we're all gonna hang on everything CTJ says, it was also mentioned that while Simmons was very publicly pro Texas earlier this year, is when he was leaning LSU, now we're seeing the inverse. Why not just let it play out?

Because we're on a message board where we discuss things like this and hang on the edge of our seats to every report and tweet? If we didn't do that then this message board would be innactive.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls