Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

26 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s good and all, but have we reserved the plane to fly the OneFund banner on game days? Everyone knows that’s the only real way to get your message out. 

Oh we have some good surprises coming on that front

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

A late afternoon pick-me-up for you fine folks.

Country Music Reaction GIF by Shania Twain

image.thumb.png.ea1bfca361785eae6cbe35904eaf0e50.png

Guess if they have to, they'd take solace in losing McKinley to OU instead. Getting some really Aggie vibes from those guys. 

If they lose Simmons, McKinley, and Mack to us it might be the biggest meltdown ever this side of Texags. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

other fanbases are way poorer

Good post of course but it has to be said.

SECSECSEC bby. It just means more poor.

image.thumb.png.bdf3b67929bc99f1c7a5dedeb87987c3.png

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Not to derail the thread, but as good of a play caller as Sark is as an OC, I’d rather he give up those duties to someone else on game day while he’s the head coach. 

Good management would be the opposite. Sark should lean into his strength as an OC. It's his defining feature, biggest competitive advantage as a coach, and what got him where he is. Hire a special assistant to have a second set of eyes on in-game management so he can keep calling plays (which I think they did this year IIRC?).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Good management would be the opposite. Sark should lean into his strength as an OC. It's his defining feature, biggest competitive advantage as a coach, and what got him where he is. Hire a special assistant to have a second set of eyes on in-game management so he can keep calling plays (which I think they did this year IIRC?).

I believe that's the role Paul Chryst is expected to fill (at least part of his role, anyway).

Edited by trythisathome
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I got a call today and my buddy says "Miami thinks they're making a late run. I laughed out loud."

McKinley is Collins. He'll wind up 6'5"/6'6" and 310, looking like an NFL bad ass. Will he ever play like one? These are the recruitments that Texas has won over the last two decades that have a low success rate. Not being a downer, but these are the concerns folks have. In any event, barring desperation from OU or LSU, I expect Texas. I am not sure even desperation helps LSU. It looks like they're being placated on this one. 

There's a notion that all of this may lead to Mack getting something put in front of him that makes him stay in state. We'll see. LSU's actual NIL is really weak shit.

Simmons committing tomorrow should make everyone feel more confident about landing Black.

Just curious, if you have heard anything on his brother (mental make up)? He is going to be one of the top ranked DL also.  (Probably too early to hit your circle, but figured I would ask)

Edited by Codaxx

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Guess if they have to, they'd take solace in losing McKinley to OU instead. Getting some really Aggie vibes from those guys. 

If they lose Simmons, McKinley, and Mack to us it might be the biggest meltdown ever this side of Texags. 

this-is-war-battle.gif

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, I think we realize you feel that way. Given your behavior on this site, I've generally assumed that your life mantra is "often wrong, but never in doubt." That statement should be chiseled above the entry doorway to your garden home in Irving. 

I subscribe to the theory that I’m never wrong and I do happen to be wrong then I go into a complete dickhead role. Sound familiar?

3 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

What are you talking about?  They are still “dabbling in the NIL game.”   

Lol. They think this is going to placate anyone? 

So the athletic department is going to hire kids to promote the athletic department? This is actualyl WORSE than what they were doing before, holy fuck. 

This absultely will get them busted by the IRS and the NCAA. Jesus christ these guys are fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I subscribe to the theory that I’m never wrong and I do happen to be wrong then I go into a complete dickhead role. Sound familiar?

By this rationale, you've basically told everyone that you're actually 100% wrong, 100% of the time. 

Also you're missing a "when" between your And and your I. "and WHEN I do happen to be wrong."

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls