Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Good lord. Next year we’d butt fuck the big 12 up and down the field lol. Much like this year. But damn

lol at Baylor. Finished behind a UH program who had a coach publicly give up on the recruiting class and then replaced the guy.

Hot take - might be some lean years in store in Waco.
  • Hook 'Em 4

58 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He's actually a Rivals mod for aggy.  Puts in picks like Hamm used to for anyone he might think will end up at aggy.  Then changes last minute.  He doesn't know diddly-pooh.

Feeling great about Evans would have meant signing the first morning, especially coming off an OV the prior weekend.

He's like 16 or 17. 

I don't know why aggys have this many "mods" in the recruiting world that are kids. It's weird as fuck. It's pretty clear he was stalking Evans who was just telling him what he wanted to hear. 

Who is the other recruiting idiot they have that's 17 or 18? Aggiesoftoday or something like that?

Edited by Rickylovesweed

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Well, Simmons is an Edge, and I think that’s a position that more easily pops on film, but I do agree with your overall point that McKinley doesn’t play like a 5-star.

People talk about this with OL, but I think that DT is also a position that recruiting services are just really bad at evaluating. Too much focus on ready-made frames and measurables, not enough on actual gameplay and potential for growth.

Sark always talks about he grades the game film by looking at effort first. I'm guessing that is also the primary factor for recruits, especially linemen that meet the baseline for Texas Good. Over the years, we've seen a lot of linemen who are high school great at the point of attack but rarely consider doing much pursuit or downfield blocking. They tend to have high rankings but it's not surprising when they don't do much in college.

Edited by Reese Bennett
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That mod at Rivals deleted the Evans tweet and then tweeted this. Sounds like Evans lied to him. 

So the kids is testing out to see who is the leaker....

Evans @ 4:45: Yo Landyn, keep it on the down low, but I am really thinking about sticking with A&M.

Landyn@ $:46 My lips are sealed...

Landyn@ 5:11 Yo everyone we are looking good for Evans!

Evans@ 5:12 Mutha Fucker... Knew you were always leaking shit, you peice of shit. Aggy shit like this is why I am signing with Texas. Aggy, no lie, cheat steal? Fuck you...

Evans@ 5:33 Yo I need an edit to Texas

This Is Fine GIF

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't know why aggys have this many "mods" in the recruiting world that are kids. It's weird as fuck. It's pretty clear he was stalking Evans who was just telling him what he wanted to hear. 

Who was the Texas $9.95-er who stalked some dude in a bathroom?  Ketch?  Chip?  I can't remember.

Just now, Chips O'Toole said:

There's a whole Trust the Hamm thread somewhere around here compiling all that dude's weird behavior and eventual ousting from the industries of college football recruiting and swimming pool cleaner sales and distribution. 

0-16

• Haha 4

I used to get annoyed by kids lying to 9.95’rs but then I realized that they don’t owe those guys anything. The recruits want to build interest and visibility, and leaking false information is part of the game they all play, players and “journalists”. 

• Hook 'Em 3

He's like 16 or 17. 
Who is the other recruiting idiot they have that's 17 or 18? Aggiesoftoday or something like that?

You’re not kidding. His LinkedIn page says he’s still in high school.

7 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So anyone want to translate all of this into english for us olds?

I'll try to sum it up for you. 

1) 16 year old aggy mod contacts recruit/invites him to some random aggy chat on rivals. Evans is the recruit FYI. 

2) Recruit lies to 16 year old aggy mod that makes a bunch of tweets that Evans is going to sign with aggy tomorrow.

3) The kid finds out from somebody that Evans is lying to him and that it's not going to be aggy. 

4) 16 year old aggy mod now saying it's going to be Texas tomorrow. 

Yikes. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3

Let me see if I got this right.

So talk to a recruit and badgers him about his status...

Recruit gives him a meh blow-off answer and so 9.95er pulls recruit into a group chat with both reporters and then subscribers

Subscribers think Evans is reconfirming his commit and badger him in group chat

Recruit gets pissed and moves up the commitment date and announces it online

9.95er now wants to ruin his commitment by blasting out it is now going to be Texas to be a salty petty bitch....

• Haha 5