Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

I had to google.  Apparently his dad was a comedian/writer/producer (lists his mother as also in the entertainment industry) who did well enough to leave LA in the early 2000's to move back to Houston to open a Non-profit org for HIV education/prevention.  They still do philanthropy in and around the Houston area.
Dad was at one time homeless and living in Central Park before getting his break as a comedian at the Apollo.  
Had no idea AD came from a money family. It would be awesome if he does choose one more season as a Longhorn, but if that does happen (big IF) I hope it doesn't run off a WR or two that could be a big part of future offenses.

This little detail (billboards), which I think is a new wrinkle, seems to have been a big hit.

That's an awesome idea, (that aggy will copy if they haven't already) but it seems like the player name is a bit small? May be different seeing it in person, jmo.

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wells is saying that aggy is 'confident' - and there is a thought that if Texas was going to be the pick he would have flipped already.

Sounds a little bit like people are trying to build suspense.

If aggy was the pick he would have signed yesterday and wouldn't be organizing an announcement tomorrow. I mean aggy could be setting this up to be a "big" win over Texas, but after their DC announcement today, they aren't that smart.

This feels like a fakeout for the big win for Elko and the fighting Ags over us that they don't really have in the class yet but I hope I'm wrong

Purposefully news dumping the signing of your highest rated prospect on the Friday before Christmas instead of, y’know, on National Signing Day WOULD be an aggy move…
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Teryor said:

This feels like a fakeout for the big win for Elko and the fighting Ags over us that they don't really have in the class yet but I hope I'm wrong

I don't really believe in this stuff. You think this kid and the aggy staff are orchestrating some big fakeout? Seems like internet nonsense. 

This feels much like Tyanthony Smith. Kid wants to flip from a sinking ship but aggy is doing everything possible to keep him and there's a long-term relationship there so it makes things tough. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, chiu1040 said:

The Aggies wouldn’t have to talk to him much if he was solidly considering them. It’s like trying to convince a boyfriend or girlfriend not to break up with you.

You recruit through the buzzer on all of these guys and then you keep recruiting them to keep them on the roster. It's why we're still doing in-houses leading up to signing day with Trey Owens even if it's a "waste of time/resources."