Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

28 minutes ago, Gooby said:

One day this stupid bitch is gonna realize that her problems stem from the fact that she won't SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Wait, what am I saying?  No she won't

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/capitol-rioter-compares-attacks-treatment-jews-germany-rcna10162

Happy Excuse Me GIF

She really is intent on self-destructing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Gooby said:

One day this stupid bitch is gonna realize that her problems stem from the fact that she won't SHUT THE FUCK UP.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/capitol-rioter-compares-attacks-treatment-jews-germany-rcna10162

I thought the Holocaust was supposed to be like making people wear masks during a pandemic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gooby said:

Tired Oh No GIF by Law & Order

She is so fucking stupid it is unreal.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Tired Oh No GIF by Law & Order

She is so fucking stupid it is unreal.

She's not stupid.  She's building herself into a marketable right-wing personality.  It will work.  She will profit handsomely off the grift.

She is investing 60 days in prison to make a million bucks, maybe more.  Not a bad investment.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

She's not stupid.  She's building herself into a marketable right-wing personality.  It will work.  She will profit handsomely off the grift.

She is investing 60 days in prison to make a million bucks, maybe more.  Not a bad investment.

Fuck you for putting this out in the world.  She is a fucking moron.  She will only appeal to other fucking idiots.

Just now, HenryJames said:

She’s still stupid.

This.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck you for putting this out in the world.  She is a fucking moron.  She will only appeal to other fucking idiots.

Translation: she will get rich, because the pool of "other fucking idiots" is a GIANT and gullible customer base.

This is the new reality.  You can't change it.  It's only going to get worse.

564ec2e3ad1a4edc169fff1591deaa7309c39a76

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Future congresswoman

• Rage+1 2

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Translation: she will get rich, because the pool of "other fucking idiots" is a GIANT and gullible customer base.

This is the new reality.  You can't change it.  It's only going to get worse.

This.

@PenelopeWitherspoon, did you not see the Bitcoin investor's lament I posted in another thread? It's a lawless western complete with desperate rube who thinks he a gunslinger and steely-eyed cold-hearted card sharks  fighting over the chum of broken dreams. Greene Ryan is going to ride the train until it goes off the rails.

Loder1.png.e775cdf952c77504e75a0b8ba819d8b1.png

Loder2.png.66aa6d476bd2cd37e14729b1c0a37aee.png

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't forget her recent tic-tock video and soon-to-be released Only Fans page where she posts titillating French kiss vids.

Geez I feel dirty just typing that.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I'll leave that to you.  Then you can repost here.

Naah.   I'll take much greater pleasure in 1) someone utterly ripping her off by posting all of her content on the internets for free, and 2) me periodically messaging you with something that LOOKS like it's business-related, but is really a photo of Jenna's latest gruesome "sexy" content.

Edited by Brisketexan

19 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Don't forget her recent tic-tock video and soon-to-be released Only Fans page where she posts titillating French kiss vids.

Geez I feel dirty just typing that.

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not as dirty as you'll feel when you subscribe to her Onlyfans in 59 days.

16 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I'll leave that to you.  Then you can repost here.

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Naah.   I'll take much greater pleasure in 1) someone utterly ripping her off by posting all of her content on the internets for free, and 2) me periodically messaging you with something that LOOKS like it's business-related, but is really a photo of Jenna's latest gruesome "sexy" content.

david tennant puke GIF

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

These two things aren't mutually exclusive.  They're the opposite of that, in fact.

I don't know....I've really come around to realizing that my failure to get in on the grift, and bilk the most gullible group of humans in modern history out of millions of dollars that would go into my pocket, funding a pretty nice retirement, makes me a fucking idiot.

In that respect, Jenna is smarter than me.  She's gonna cash in on the morons.

• Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't know....I've really come around to realizing that my failure to get in on the grift, and bilk the most gullible group of humans in modern history out of millions of dollars that would go into my pocket, funding a pretty nice retirement, makes me a fucking idiot.

In that respect, Jenna is smarter than me.  She's gonna cash in on the morons.

stupid-forest-gump.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/4/2022 at 7:29 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I think it's fairly important when this kind of stuff comes out, because it reaffirms what a lot of us think, or our experience with the Q-following relatives/acquaintances/etc.

It's one thing for us to say "obviously these people are mentally ill and need to be treated as such", and it's another when we get actual proof from years past.

It ties into what Bama Chick is talking about - what pushed them over the edge.

But for me, it also gets into the twin issues of how we need to have a long talk about how these people people 1) are being radicalized and 2) being used and abused, which then leads into who is doing the using and abusing.

Because right now, the GOP is using and abusing these folks in a way that political parties/campaigns haven't done so in the past - GOP members, all the way up into the highest positions in the party, are feeding misinformation to their followers, knowing that these mentally ill types are hanging on every word.

It's very easy to point to Tucker Carlson's legal team saying basically any rational person doesn't believe what he's saying and that he's just pumping out entertainment, but we are overlooking the non-rational/mentally-ill types are lapping this stuff up.

what pushed them over the ledge? do you really think that is a question that needs answering? 

Remember when Princip started WW1? eh.

From the link on Falling Down above "Falling Down is about a toxic mixture of self-pity and the hunger for order"

We are living at the end of the last order. It is what it is. 

eS5naWY.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, JimmyJames said:

great read. reminds me how American Idiocracy really is. It lacks global context. Falling Down, while portraying an American story is very much a more realistic understanding of the world we live in. One where people still unable to grasp they are just like every other human being on Earth, yet old structures and our lizard brains will keep us finding ways to fight over just about anything. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Three part series starting today on the NYT daily podcast:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/podcasts/the-daily/january-6-capitol-riots-anniversary.html

Fascinating story that includes a reading from one of the FBI interviews of suspects.

Follow up discussion is sobering:

The vast majority of those charged with violent crimes are not associated with right wing or white supremacist groups.  They have no history of violence or criminal backgrounds.

"For the last few months I've been talking to a University of Chicago professor who studies extremist threats and terrorism.  And he has been poring over the data from January 6 and trying to figure out what we can learn from who was there.  And one of the things that he was most alarmed by is the emergence of this huge number of Americans who don't fit the profile of typical extremists but who believe that the election was stolen.  He estimates that about 21 million Americans believe that Trump won, that Biden lost, and that violence is justified to return Trump to the office that they believe rightfully belongs to him."

"What it says, is that if there's ever going to be another January 6, it ultimately is not going to be because of far right extremism.  It's going to be because of people who harbor some sense of anger, resentment or doubt, and who decide to just show up and become part of the herd."

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

"What it says, is that if there's ever going to be another January 6, it ultimately is not going to be because of far right extremism.  It's going to be because of people who harbor some sense of anger, resentment or doubt, and who decide to just show up and become part of the herd."

Well, yeah. Do they think we're standing on the ledge for the view?

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Willfully Horn said:

Don’t sleep on the morality you, we, were taught. They will not be the last words on that subject, but the additions will ratchet.

Morality and following rules is going to lead to our demise.  We have no good choice.

To save the Republic and ourselves, compromise everything good about ourselves and the Republic, and fight as dirty as our opponents......thus losing the very things we hope to save in the process.

OR, we stay the course, continue to follow the rules.....and get slaughtered by an opponent who follows ZERO rules, who brings a nail-studded 2x4 into the boxing ring with them, etc......meaning we lose the Republic.

You have a choice of HOW to lose the Republic, but not WHETHER we lose it -- that's already a done deal.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

To save the Republic and ourselves, compromise everything good about ourselves and the Republic, and fight as dirty as our opponents......thus losing the very things we hope to save in the process.

I’m comfortable acknowledging my hypocrisy to save those things you mention. 

I tell myself that fighting for my family, for the least among us, and for the rule of Law can be a Boolean choice, and the alternative is further from the path.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

I’m comfortable acknowledging my hypocrisy to save those things you mention. 

I tell myself that fighting for my family, for the least among us, and for the rule of Law can be a Boolean choice, and the alternative is further from the path.

You're not wrong.  Just know that in such matters, it's inevitable that you become the very thing you are fighting against.  One of the choices is unspeakably horrific, the other is slightly less so.  There are no good choices.

A lot of people are going to suffer, greatly, and our country will suffer wounds from which it will never recover.  That's the BEST case scenario, by the way.

• Rage+1 1

Well. A year out. What a disappointment. You can attack the seat of our government, try to stop a lawful election. Vandalize the place. Attack police officers. Not only are you not dealt with on the spot, but a year later you might get 3-6 months in jail while half the government is with you in your attempt. And in about a year, there's a very good chance that same party could win back power.

What. A. Shame.

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

Well. A year out. What a disappointment. You can attack the seat of our government, try to stop a lawful election. Vandalize the place. Attack police officers. Not only are you not dealt with on the spot, but a year later you might get 3-6 months in jail while half the government is with you in your attempt. And in about a year, there's a very good chance that same party could win back power.

What. A. Shame.

You mis-typed "utterly predictable," and "this is exactly how it all ends."

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

The vast majority of those charged with violent crimes are not associated with right wing or white supremacist groups.  They have no history of violence or criminal backgrounds.

"For the last few months I've been talking to a University of Chicago professor who studies extremist threats and terrorism.  And he has been poring over the data from January 6 and trying to figure out what we can learn from who was there.  And one of the things that he was most alarmed by is the emergence of this huge number of Americans who don't fit the profile of typical extremists but who believe that the election was stolen.  He estimates that about 21 million Americans believe that Trump won, that Biden lost, and that violence is justified to return Trump to the office that they believe rightfully belongs to him."

I would like to see their social media habits.  I bet the data he's looking at doesn't include their Facebook usage.  What does "not associated" with right wing groups mean?  They don't pay their monthly dues to the proud boys? 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I would like to see their social media habits.  I bet the data he's looking at doesn't include their Facebook usage.  What does "not associated" with right wing groups mean?  They don't pay their monthly dues to the proud boys? 

Well, I suspect that the fundmental analytical mistake there is not including the GOP and Trump organizations as "right wing groups" or "white supremacist groups."  

• Hook 'Em 5

19 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They actually did discuss the subject of the FBI interview's FB activity.  They noted that his social media habits had shown a growing radicalization as January 6 approach, and further that video that surfaced after his interview but immediately prior to his sentencing hearing caused the court to postpone sentencing and subsequently a harsher sentence was imposed (basically he had fudged when talking about the extent to which he had physically interacted with Capitol Police).

I don't know whether the U. Chicago professor delved that deep; that comment was more of a one-off during the overall discussion of the episode.

It's not long and it's worth 20-30 minutes of your time to listen.

They actually did discuss the subject of the FBI interview's FB activity.  They noted that his social media habits had shown a growing radicalization as January 6 approach, and further that video that surfaced after his interview but immediately prior to his sentencing hearing caused the court to postpone sentencing and subsequently a harsher sentence was imposed (basically he had fudged when talking about the extent to which he had physically interacted with Capitol Police).

I don't know whether the U. Chicago professor delved that deep; that comment was more of a one-off during the overall discussion of the episode.

It's not long and it's worth 20-30 minutes of your time to listen.

Alright, will do.

16 minutes in and facebook has already been mentioned twice.  That's the common denominator here.  None of this is new or shocking.

Also, this guy is a liar and/or general piece of shit.  Says he's a lifelong democrat and watches CNN, yet somehow was a dotard supporter and liked the message from dotard of "Make America Great Again".

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

How you doin', over there on the right?

Yeah, they both scream the stereotypical girl who came from an overly-conservative father household...got to college and started co-hosting dick-sucking contests in the dorm's study nook every other Wednesday.  Mom even looks like she was a piece of ass before she joined him on 'The Oakley' diet.  It's a lot like the South Beach diet but with more fried foods and less Hispanics.