Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

11 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Being charged with sedition is very big.

Doesn't matter.  First act of President Trump on January 20, 2025, will be to 1) pardon every one of the great American Patriots who fought for their wonderful, amazing country, and their wonderful, amazing president on January 6, 2021, and 2) awarding each of them the Presidential Medal of Freedom and Trumpness.

17 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Being charged with sedition is very big.

I would assume that a prison sentence from this charge would be relatively long and you could find yourself housed in the fed Supermax prison. Perhaps barred from talking to many outsiders due to security concerns.

from a govt standpoint, there a few crimes worse than this.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Doesn't matter.  First act of President Trump on January 20, 2025, will be to 1) pardon every one of the great American Patriots who fought for their wonderful, amazing country, and their wonderful, amazing president on January 6, 2021, and 2) awarding each of them the Presidential Medal of Freedom and Trumpness.

Trump won’t be eligible. Fulton County will make sure of it.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck off brisket with your negativity on this. This isn’t some small incremental step. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Fuck off brisket with your negativity on this. This isn’t some small incremental step. 

Wake me when there are any real consequences.  ANY real consequences.  A few months in a country club prison for a nbody failed realtor who Penelope likes to pester doesn't count.

When are you going to realize that the actual, real-world evidence we've seen thus far is reality: there are no consequences?  None of it matters.  And to the extent it might THREATEN to matter, the GQP is going full-bore towards guaranteeing minority party autocratic rule so those consequences can be quickly erased.

Believe what your eyes and ears are telling you, not what your heart wants to believe.

No consequences.  It will only get worse.

Edited by Brisketexan

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wake me when there are any real consequences.  ANY real consequences.  A few months in a country club prison for a nbody failed realtor who Penelope likes to pester doesn't count.

When are you going to realize that the actual, real-world evidence we've seen thus far is reality: there are no consequences?  None of it matters.  And to the extent it might THREATEN to matter, the GQP is going full-bore towards guaranteeing minority party autocratic rule so those consequences can be quickly erased.

Believe what your eyes and ears are telling you, not what your heart wants to believe.

No consequences.  It will only get worse.

You also thought trump would win in 2020 and he didn’t. You are now saying you thought he probably would win which while true, since were both lawyers we know what you’re doing with that hedge. 

Charging the oath keepers with sedition means one of two things or both, they have very credible evidence to prove it and/or to ratchet up the pressure to flip on the big fish. Time will tell if happens but I at least, will celebrate this as an important for first step to get to the real traitors. 

• Like 1

Civilian seditious conspiracy =/= to sedition for the military.  It’s a bad charge and you can go to prison for up to 20 years, but it’s not a capital offense.

The Rosenbergs were executed for espionage.  Seditious conspiracy falls under the espionage act but is a different crime.

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You also thought trump would win in 2020 and he didn’t. You are now saying you thought he probably would win which while true, since were both lawyers we know what you’re doing with that hedge. 

You are free to go back and look at my posts from that period.  What I pushed back on was the overwhelming sentiment around here is that Biden was a lock, look at the polling, it's a done deal.  I said fuck that, you haven't been paying attention, Trump could easily win this -- it all comes down to a handful of key states, and those will be close as hell.

And by and large, they WERE close.  None of us were popping champagne on election night for good reason. 

Again, I'll believe in real consequences when I see them actually imposed.  I won't stay up waiting for them.  The past 5+ years have shown me that's the smart path.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You are free to go back and look at my posts from that period.  What I pushed back on was the overwhelming sentiment around here is that Biden was a lock, look at the polling, it's a done deal.  I said fuck that, you haven't been paying attention, Trump could easily win this -- it all comes down to a handful of key states, and those will be close as hell.

And by and large, they WERE close.  None of us were popping champagne on election night for good reason. 

Again, I'll believe in real consequences when I see them actually imposed.  I won't stay up waiting for them.  The past 5+ years have shown me that's the smart path.

Fair enough but I do not recall people saying Biden was a lock only that he was a favorite but I’m not the omniscient board police.

I agree with pushing back on the narrative such as it existed that Biden was a lock. Just like I’m pushing back on your narrative that we’re all DOOMED. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would assume that a prison sentence from this charge would be relatively long and you could find yourself housed in the fed Supermax prison. Perhaps barred from talking to many outsiders due to security concerns.

from a govt standpoint, there a few crimes worse than this.

Seditious conspiracy is a 20 year max felony, just the same as several of the felony charges already brought and on which convictions have been obtained, including obstruction of an official proceeding.

The Sentencing Guidelines might push seditious conspiracy crimes further up the 20 years than obstruction crimes.  Unclear.

Generally, the offense of conviction has less to do with the prison designation (Supermax, US Penetentiary, FCI (medium/low) or FPC (camp)) than other factors, such as criminal history and use of weapons and violence.  https://prisonologyx.com/preparation/prsion-designation/security-level/

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Civilian seditious conspiracy =/= to sedition for the military.  It’s a bad charge and you can go to prison for up to 20 years, but it’s not a capital offense.

The Rosenbergs were executed for espionage.  Seditious conspiracy falls under the espionage act but is a different crime.

Yeah, a lot of the people convicted of "treason," were actually convicted of espionage crimes, not treason.

There have been few or no charges or convictions of actual treason, sedition, or insurrection in the modern, statutory crime era.

Given that, and the fact that several of the treason statutes, including treason itself, are not marvels of precision draftsmanship, and you can see why DOJ might be reluctant to indict those crimes.

Indicting someone without being able to convict them because the statute is flawed is kind of the ultimate wet fart.  A veritable judicial shart.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Nobody knows how the fourteenth amendment factors in here. But it’s in play.

Yeah, that's an interesting angle, but it's not just any felony.

I read something somewhere that there are groups meeting and considering strategies, one of which is to convince secretaries of state to make insurrection findings and refuse to place insurrectionists, including Trump, on ballots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I read something somewhere that there are groups meeting and considering strategies, one of which is to convince secretaries of state to make insurrection findings and refuse to place insurrectionists, including Trump, on ballots.

so they can sweep Boobert, MTG, Cruz, Gohmert, Gosar and Hawley into that category?

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Felons may run for President.  And any other elected federal office.

I stand corrected. It’s true a convicted murderer my run for POTUS. Said murderer may not be able to vote for himself depending on his state of residence.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Much will depend on what the DOJ and the house committee find out.

I have no doubt, zero doubt, what happened here. But like Tom cruise so eloquently said in a few good men, it’s not what I believe, it’s what I can prove!

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I have no doubt, zero doubt, what happened here. But like Tom cruise so eloquently said in a few good men, it’s not what I believe, it’s what I can prove!

Exactly.  And, as we know, it's going to take a little time to put that proof together in a satisfactory way.

I am reasonably sure that DOJ people, if they "take a shot at the king," will not miss.  Not by much, at least.

Too many people want DOJ to indict based on what they believe, rather than what can be proven to the hilt.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Exactly.  And, as we know, it's going to take a little time to put that proof together in a satisfactory way.

I am reasonably sure that DOJ people, if they "take a shot at the king," will not miss.  Not by much, at least.

Too many people want DOJ to indict based on what they believe, rather than what can be proven to the hilt.

Yep which is why I have no problem with them taking their time. This is too important.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Very true. Just take a look at this fucking treason statue.

Hide contents

20211207-forreststatue.jpg?w=990

Well played.  I make some astounding typos on here.

But, to the point, Article III, s. 3, cl. 1:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

18 USC 2381:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Criminal statutes are supposed to increase the precision and further define the crime from the common law or the constitution. You shouldn't have to resort to originalism or some constitutional interpretation doctrine to figure out a criminal statute. That statute is a fail.

• Like 1

Paxton violated the law by not turning over his government records for his role in the insurrection.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/01/13/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-january-6-records/

After years of getting away with fraud, abuse of office, and bribery, it’s comforting to know that Paxton will finally get caught and be removed from office, which should have a standard of avoiding even the appearance of impropriety. We finally got em!

3 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Paxton violated the law by not turning over his government records for his role in the insurrection.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/01/13/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-january-6-records/

After years of getting away with fraud, abuse of office, and bribery, it’s comforting to know that Paxton will finally get caught and be removed from office, which should have a standard of avoiding even the appearance of impropriety. We finally got em!

now do Cruz!

16 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Cecily Strong Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What kind of gun fires when dropped?  I want to stay away from them. 

You've never handled the "FloorDropper 9mm"?  It's a doozie.  I've used them at my gun range/carpet store.  

also:  I hope that dude's eyesocket has shut itself already.  You never know what weird shit his cellmate is gonna be into.