TEXAS QB TALK

LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

But see it does matter.  Who the QB is matters even more when your Oline sucks.  

If one option throws it away and goes 3 and out and one throws interceptions or scrambles for a loss, it’s the same result though. 

Sark knows QBs. He might still suck as a head coach, but he can evaluate QBs. Garbage time play by Casey tonight doesn’t change my mind. He put up numbers against essentially a prevent defense in an absolute blowout. Should he have played earlier? I don’t know. But I do trust Sark with that one decision.

Card seems like he would be a solid college QB as long as he is surrounded by a good OL, good skill position, etc…. I am guessing in practice he looks good because our horrible OL is going up against our horrible DL.  Casey seems the better QB for this current team because he can move a little better behind a Swiss cheese O Line.  What is worrisome is that Sark doesn’t see this.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Card seems like he would be a solid college QB as long as he is surrounded by a good OL, good skill position, etc…. I am guessing in practice he looks good because our horrible OL is going up against our horrible DL.  Casey seems the better QB for this current team because he can move a little better behind a Swiss cheese O Line.  What is worrisome is that Sark doesn’t see this.

He fucking better see it now or we’re beyond fucked.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is it.. not much else needs to be said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

This this this. 

Card was scared to run today. He was also scared to throw it half the time. That led to a lot of "hey I'm gonna run OOB at the LOS if that's ok with you coach" 

Casey was making decisions in real time and not worrying about them. 

I wouldn’t say card was scared. I think he was trying to do what he has been coached to do. From what I’ve read and heard in interviews, card had a tendency to pull the ball down and run in camp instead of buying a little time to let the play develop. I think card is trying very hard to do as coached but he is also forgetting to just play football. 

It kind of goes back to when VY was starting out and how it seemed the coaching was holding him back. When coaching let Vince be Vince, VY went on a tear. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He looked better because he led the team to 2 TDs. I don't care if he runs, hands the ball off, checks dwn, throws hail Mary's, or whatever.  He is urgent about moving the ball, and it matters.

How do you consider weak personal foul extending possessions versus shoulda been drive extending non-calls?

Card showed his inexperience today.   He had shitty blocking, but waiting for things to develop when the better choice would have been to tuck and run.  Casey came in and was more dialed in to the timing and such, albeit versus a less aggressive defense by that point in time.  Casey earned a start next game.  As it will be Rice, Card will likely get at least 1 quarter of playing time.  Reevaluate after Rice.  I'd lean toward going with Casey unless he shit the bed, but if either guy is having a really bad game, bring in the sub at half while the game is salvageable.

• Hook 'Em 1

How do you consider missing three straight wide open deep balls after failing to generate any significant yardage in the entire first half?

In live game action, I think I was in favor of a change in the 2nd quarter.

Card bailed too soon on occasion. Didn’t run decisively on others. But as others have mentioned, I think this is Sarks influence, which is terrible for all but Alabama. He missed open targets. And probably didn’t just it fly on others.

You don’t not give the other guy a chance when you haven’t scored and have stated he will play.

I’m way more furious with the staff than the players.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xian said:

This cult of card is fucking confusing. What has he shown to make these fucks worship him. 

It has nothing to do with worshiping. I’m trusting the guy that had Jake Locker and Mac “3star” Jones drafted in the 1st round, Cody Kessler and Matt Cassell as NFL starters, and a Heisman winning QB. Dudes been working with QBs for 21 years. Don’t know if he’s the right guy for HC but I’m not questioning his choice a QB

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It has nothing to do with worshiping. I’m trusting the guy that had Jake Locker and Mac “3star” Jones drafted in the 1st round, Cody Kessler and Matt Cassell as NFL starters, and a Heisman winning QB. Dudes been working with QBs for 21 years. Don’t know if he’s the right guy for HC but I’m not questioning his choice a QB

That list of names pretty much destroys my confidence in Sark. Jury is still out on Jones at least

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

Card showed his inexperience today.   He had shitty blocking, but waiting for things to develop when the better choice would have been to tuck and run.  Casey came in and was more dialed in to the timing and such, albeit versus a less aggressive defense by that point in time.  Casey earned a start next game.  As it will be Rice, Card will likely get at least 1 quarter of playing time.  Reevaluate after Rice.  I'd lean toward going with Casey unless he shit the bed, but if either guy is having a really bad game, bring in the sub at half while the game is salvageable.

This feels like another Simms/Major debate imo despite it being only 2 games into the season. Crazy honestly. Must mean Arch us gonna be our VY!/s

I just feel like you gotta roll with w Thompson at this point. Call me a bitch yadda yadda. Dude just has that gamer mentality. Who cares how you look at practice the game time is what matters most. 

i still remember Dilfer telling Swoopes at a camp "The brighter the lights, the better you you play" unfortunately for him he had Charlie as a HC and Shawn Watson as an OC but I think this saying applies to Casey  now. He may not be the best practice player but when the lights come on something just clicks.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

Shut the fuck up, Ian.

I watched.  And I've watched two QBs from Lake Travis come here and go "Oh Shit, this OL is ass."

At this point, not getting Casey in means you're committed to Card and willing to let him learn on the job. Card was really bad tonight, because the OL was bad... But the OL is bad. So figure out how to move the ball.

Who are you going to believe Ian Boyd or your lying eyes?

22 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

So you didn’t watch the game

• Haha 1

QB thread so it’s fine to talk about the two. I’ll take Casey for 3 more years and let’s call it a career. But yeah Texas was never in the game once Arkansas scored.  That’s Sark.

people saying Arky wasn’t playing hard fuck that the touchdown scramble after Arky stuffed us at the goal line?  Yeah Casey gutted that out. He’s our guy. Gotta be.

but the real issue? Our OL and DL got their shit shoved up their ass and out their throat.

casey can offset the OL problems the best but he can’t do shit for the DL and can’t do shit for the stupid fucking false starts my fucking God.

we’re Texas! 

I’ve seen this movie before. OU plays defense likes this against us. Very aggressive knowing that we are trying to run our underneath stuff and ground game. It always works too unless you have a VY, Colt, or, hopefully, Casey Thompson that are ballers and punish you with quick decisions, pushing the ball down the field over the top of your aggression.

Card missed on every chance he had to do that tonight. Well, except the one drop.

Casey just loves to burn you over the top. I love that in a quarterback. He’s a baller. Let card develop more and have the job in two years.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, troph said:

QB thread so it’s fine to talk about the two. I’ll take Casey for 3 more years and let’s call it a career. But yeah Texas was never in the game once Arkansas scored.  That’s Sark.

people saying Arky wasn’t playing hard fuck that the touchdown scramble after Arky stuffed us at the goal line?  Yeah Casey gutted that out. He’s our guy. Gotta be.

but the real issue? Our OL and DL got their shit shoved up their ass and out their throat.

casey can offset the OL problems the best but he can’t do shit for the DL and can’t do shit for the stupid fucking false starts my fucking God.

we’re Texas! 

Not sure about the DL. They wore out against a powerful run game because they were always on the field. The defense held up okay to start the game. At least two of their touchdowns were pure gifts by our offense.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, NoRagrets said:

Not sure about the DL. They wore out against a powerful run game because they were always on the field. The defense held up okay to start the game. At least two of their touchdowns were pure gifts by our offense.

I think they got demoralized and quit after realizing the offense was completely impotent.

16 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

That’s a lot of excuses in a relatively short post.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Yes but Arkansas wasn’t trying 

Did you watch the game? Arky defense was flying around on that last drive (one dude dove headfirst into Robinson, should’ve been targeting) defense was hyping the crowd up before 4th down. They wanted to make a statement. Thompson trucked his way to a touchdown anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Couldn't watch the game thankfully. What did Hudson do that was so bad? Accuracy? Decision making? Pocket presence? All of the above?

Sounds like the OL and WRs didn't help out at all, but unbelievable how much worse the offense was than last game.

All of above. Offensive line was bad but he had running lanes to take advantage of all game but chose not to for whatever reason

5 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

If one option throws it away and goes 3 and out and one throws interceptions or scrambles for a loss, it’s the same result though. 

Sark knows QBs. He might still suck as a head coach, but he can evaluate QBs. Garbage time play by Casey tonight doesn’t change my mind. He put up numbers against essentially a prevent defense in an absolute blowout. Should he have played earlier? I don’t know. But I do trust Sark with that one decision.

That excuse doesn’t fly. From opening snap to closing snap Arkansas was playing all out to kick our ass. Where as we showed up thinking we had this because we won last week. 

Odom kicked sarks ass tonight.