TEXAS QB TALK

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Thompson should get the next start for that TD run alone. Guts to take those hits in a blowout.

Totally agree.  But really with our OL issues, whatever gains you get with Card passing the ball, it's more than offset by Thompson's wheels and improvisation.  If we had Alabama's OL then maybe Card's the guy and he still might be, but I'd start Thompson right now.

• Like 2

I will first start off saying that I’m a simpleton who doesn’t know shit. 

That being said, after CT’s bowl performance it was a major concern this new staff thought Card was the guy. I’ve never been a fan of QBs from system schools like LT, Southlake, etc and tonight has done nothing but confirm that. 

Hopefully this is corrected going forward and we still have a decent season. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I'd like to see what the defense looks like when the offense isn't flaccid

Defensive line absolutely quit. Get this shit out of here. Both lines should be embarrassed because they just got beaten around for 60 minutes.

It’s possible to play defense when your offense is trash. Look at aggy today. You don’t have to lift your dress up and get fucked in the ass for 7.1 per rush.

Incredibly flaccid.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/30/2021 at 10:42 AM, immamac said:

Yeah because bijan sucks and card is a noodle arm INT machine with small hands and the entire defense is a bunch of underweight and slow anemic players.

The majority of this team is returning talent and they lost by a combined 13 to not go undefeated last year. 

The problem hasn't been players or scheme the last 4 years it's been having a stupid shithead egomaniac at head coach who was completely out coached nearly every game. 

Sark and his staff aren't a bunch of smart guys who have never coached 5 stars. They are used to exclusively coaching elite college and pro level talent. 

I get the whole "the last 11 years have been bad" argument, but this isn't charlie fucking strong and his band of complete morons. This also isn't fucking Case McCoy taking over for Colt. 

It's Hudson Card the #2 rated QB in his class and a top 100 recruit beating out an equally impressive redshirt junior in Casey Thompson. If Card has a mental meltdown he will just get yoinked for Casey, but if you think that his mental fortitude is weak then idk what to tell you. There is absolutely no evidence supporting that. 

Buncha dumb fucks in here acting like they want to lose instead of admitting what is in front of their face. This team is good. It's going to win a lot of games. 

You were saying…

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Did we forget last week? He’s the more talented QB. Sark doesn’t want a scramble first QB. Unfortunately, that QB gives us the best chance to win right now.

So you really are retarded.   Sorry, I didn’t realize it.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Did we forget last week? He’s the more talented QB. Sark doesn’t want a scramble first QB. Unfortunately, that QB gives us the best chance to win right now.

Maybe the Head Fucking Coach should have figured that out a few weeks ago. For a supposed QB whisperer he seems like a mute

• Like 1

I'm solidly Team Casey at this point.

Some guys look great in practice and against overmatched opponents, but when the brightest lights come on, they wilt.  I'm not ready to say that's the case with Card.  He did miss three relatively easy deep balls tonight, and he looked tentative about taking off when there were yards available.  But, in fairness, it's a small sample size and Arky looks to have improved.

But here's the thing: we know Casey's a gamer.  He showed that in the bowl game.  I was excited to see him start this year and I'm still not sure why he didn't win the job outright.  He's more mobile, and he seems to have just as much arm talent, and he just doesn't seem as easily rattled.  Calm under pressure or whatever that "it factor" is.

I don't know if we win this game with Casey, but he definitely should've come out to start the second half.  And he should be the guy until he gives us a reason to go back to Card.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

I didn’t see the Louisiana game as I was out of the country with no way of seeing it. But from what I watched tonight, Casey is the best QB for us today. Is Card better down the road? Maybe. But he isn’t the answer at the moment. He was straight ass-my-dude in the first half, not much better in the second.

Defense was dogshit too.

• Like 2

I think sark has coached card to keep looking to pass when he scrambles. So much so that when he scrambled he ran to the scrimmage line and turned parallel to buy time for the receiver to get open. Thompson scrambled looking for receivers but once he got to the scrimmage line he tucked the ball and ran. After a few runs the receivers started getting open because the defense pulled off the receivers to stop Thompson. 

14 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I want the "TD first" QB.  Which one is that?

Card will be great when our OL is great.

3 minutes ago, BB65 said:

I think sark has coached card to keep looking to pass when he scrambles. So much so that when he scrambled he ran to the scrimmage line and turned parallel to buy time for the receiver to get open. Thompson scrambled looking for receivers but once he got to the scrimmage line he tucked the ball and ran. After a few runs the receivers started getting open because the defense pulled off the receivers to stop Thompson. 

This this this. 

Card was scared to run today. He was also scared to throw it half the time. That led to a lot of "hey I'm gonna run OOB at the LOS if that's ok with you coach" 

Casey was making decisions in real time and not worrying about them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BB65 said:

This is how I see it. I believe Card is doing as he’s coached. Is he a little hesitant? I would imagine so, he’s a freshman. But, he’s building the foundation of rules to be a very good QB if the OL and WRs can ever step up.