Big 12 Tournament Championship Game - #13 Texas vs. #12 Oklahoma State - 5:00 ESPN

BigOrange1

I am very happy tonight.  We have an actual Big 12 basketball tournament championship trophy and banner to hoist in Erwin and Moody.  We win unlike those sheep fuckers and land stealing meth heads.  I am going to have a double shot of whiskey and joy!  Nice job Shaka!  Nice job Coleman!  Nice job Horns!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, demos said:

Well, i’ll be damned

That's basically my feeling right now.

7 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!

Feels good to say it. Hook em!

To think that we've never actually done this before...

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Ordinarily, wouldn’t the top 3 seed be in the same bracket as the worst 2 seed, and therefore also the same bracket as the top 1 seed?

Its always better to get the higher seed.  2 seeds hardly ever get knocked out in the first round, and 3/14 upsets aren’t that uncommon.  Likewise, I’d rather play a 7/10 in the second round instead of a 6 seed.  7 seeds are when you start getting into the more iffy major conference schools.  

That's what we're saying.  The committee is doing it differently this year.  Seeding on an S curve.  The top 3 seed will be in the same region as the top 1 seed.  The 2nd 1 seed will be in the same bracket as the 2nd 3 seed.  And so on...  That's why I'm going to be pissed if we end up with a 3.  Okie St. was supposed to get a 2 with us as a 3.  We now have a better record, won 2-1 head-to-head, and won the Big 12 tourney.  

17 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Same with Duke and UVA forfeiting their games--two teams with great academics and one with a good medical program. But I'll take it--fuck them.  

Agree. At this point it’s not hard to avoid catching it, especially with the money available to sports, and there is incentive to avoid playing conference tournaments. They should have left an extra week between tournaments, and the conference should have moved the game to tomorrow to give us some rest too. But whatever, I’ll get over it. Still love this team and this season.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Really fucking nice to see this team starting to peak at the end of the season (again). Just way too many years watching up hobble into postseason play and go home early. 

Sims and Coleman are refusing to lose. It’s fucking beautiful 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Homercles said:

GG Horns, Sims and Coleman balled out and we looked exhausted.  Glad it was y’all we lost to, and not someone like Kansas or OU.  Wish we both coulda had a day off and gone at it straight up.  3 seeds for everyone!

Straight up? Bitch please

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Straight up? Bitch please

You crazy if you don’t think that having a rest day before playing our second game wasn’t an advantage over playing the 3rd straight day including their racing up and down the court vs Baylor yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 1