2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

wooooow, Sparty got *boned*. three consecutive terrible calls against them in the final minute of regulation. honestly disgraceful officiating. inexcusable. Sparty won this game and then had it taken from them. that was baaaaad.

Apparently, I was watching a completely different game?  Huh...

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Apparently, I was watching a completely different game?  Huh...

Yeah I don’t recall any shitty calls on MSU late in the game. I don’t even recall Izzo getting upset at any call down the stretch.

now I do recall the facial expressions of MSU players which had the looks of “ohhh shit this mofo is slipping away from us” and UCLA dragging their nuts on said faces.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yeah I don’t recall any shitty calls on MSU late in the game. I don’t even recall Izzo getting upset at any call down the stretch.

now I do recall the facial expressions of MSU players which had the looks of “ohhh shit this mofo is slipping away from us” and UCLA dragging their nuts on said faces.

The foul they called on MSU with 37 seconds left or so was pretty weak, college refs get really confused as to when teams are trying or not to foul and never get that right though. Outside of that I don't remember anything egregious.

Just now, Teryor said:

The foul they called on MSU with 37 seconds left or so was pretty weak, college refs get really confused as to when teams are trying or not to foul and never get that right though. Outside of that I don't remember anything egregious.

You right. 

That might have been the one where Sirmons came 25ft away from the baseline to get when the Black ref was 2ft away and was looking right at it and he didn’t call anything because there was no actual foul yet. That was a Sirmons special, and maybe the only one I’d slightly question.

but if I’m MSU, if no jump ball or 5 sec violation was called then I want the clock to stop so I’m sort of okay with that call if I’m Izzo. 

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

I fell asleep in the third quarter. Did MSU continue the infighting all game long? Draymond can tell us how that's normal all he wants but that shit looked toxic to me. Looked to me like Izzo lost control of his team.

Deserves further fleshing out on its own thread, Wanker Brad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

I fell asleep in the third quarter. Did MSU continue the infighting all game long? Draymond can tell us how that's normal all he wants but that shit looked toxic to me. Looked to me like Izzo lost control of his team.

Shades of West Virginia @ Texas.

Watching the first day of the tourney always brings me back to college...back when osu was consistently good.  Go to a class, watch a game catching up on homework, go to another class, watch a game eating lunch, go to a class, watch ball all afternoon with every tv on campus on.  

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Watching the first day of the tourney always brings me back to college...back when osu was consistently good.  Go to a class, watch a game catching up on homework, go to another class, watch a game eating lunch, go to a class, watch ball all afternoon with every tv on campus on.  

We All Don't Understand - "I Don't Understand." "I Don't Understand  Either." GIF - Accepted IDontUnderstand Con… | Dont understand, I dont  understand, Understanding

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Will we (Derka) finally get off the Musselman train if they get blown out by Colgate? 

Though the way the First Four went, you probably do not want a big ass lead. 

Yeah doesn't look like Colgate's fun is going to last.

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread
  • immamac unpinned this topic