Texas vs. ACU - First Round - 8:50pm on truTV/TNT

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Keep your panties unbunched there chap. 

Big bad rich ass Texas just lost to a team from...

Abilene?

chappelle show lol GIF

Yeah, I'm gonna be riding this for a long time

You are quickly becoming the worst poster on Surly, and that’s really saying something. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, OU Sucks said:

20 to 5 when you have multiple future NBA players and you're playing against slow, fat fucks.  That's criminal.

Completely. There was a point in the first half where we all knew this was tight unless Texas buckled down, played defense, protected the ball and out rebounded them.  Win on FG% and don’t lose on the rest. The formula was there at the 10 minute mark of the first half. Adjust and play old fashion basketball. No second chance points given, contest every shot (we did ok here) and crash the offensive boards to effectively increase FG%.  Other than some spurts of defense I saw no evidence of sound fundamentals. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I think Texas wins if Ramey isn’t on the team

Couid be wrong but he gets so many minutes and rarely performs well 

So disappointed for our guys 

Well, ACU did us a favor by taking him out of the game, but it was too little, too late.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

A tangent, but it really pisses me off that the seeding committee once again rigged some bullcrap to schedule this regional cutesy game.  No way the seeding just randomly happened to fall this way.  They've pulled this crap before.

Of course this loss is on Shaka, but screw the committee and their little games.

You mean they gave us a team that could not shoot for shit and went 7 minutes at the end of the first half without scoring. Those mother fucking assholes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I think Texas wins if Ramey isn’t on the team

Couid be wrong but he gets so many minutes and rarely performs well 

So disappointed for our guys 

We were up 9 with the ball early 2nd half after a nice run and Coleman and Ramey combined to blow that lead in about 3 minutes.  Ramey was really bad but Coleman was right there with him

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

We were up 9 with the ball early 2nd half after a nice run and Coleman and Ramey combined to blow that lead in about 3 minutes.  Ramey was really bad but Coleman was right there with him

And that moment showed how to win, shoot the ball well, don’t turn it over and get the rebounds, 2 more minutes of that basketball and it’s a 15 point lead and they are crushed.  Nope can’t do that. Unpossible. 

10 minutes ago, troph said:

Does Shaka not send anyone to crash the offensive boards in a tight game? I’m still completely shocked at the lack of offensive rebounding with the length and athletic advantage. 

We have every advantage in the state and yet tonite we are the only team from Texas that has lost and only team in the conference that has lost. It’s not baffling to me anymore because I have decided we have no identity. No killer instinct when it counts. This has been going on in most of UT sports for the better part of a decade or more. It fucking blows. We should not have been in a position to let a ref call come close to deciding this game. It’s embarrassing. We have every resource. All the money wtf?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texas Sucks said:

No clue who that is, but HAHAHAHAHAHA. Y’all SUUUUCK

Don’t dox yourself I know you are excited and can’t stop splattering your shit all over your screen but you really shouldn’t post pics of yourself.  And don’t forget to lock your door, no mom wants to walk in and see your mess.

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1

the game was called poorly i thought top to bottom. which i was trying to say before the internet police showed. yes, if was bad both ways. the last call at the end was definitley a questionable call. 

This is not exactly correct. The only ACU guy in foul trouble was the expendable white dude and that was late. Teams that create a ton of turnovers also tend get called for quite a few fouls. That didn’t really happen. They were allowed to maintain their hyper aggressive play.

We were not good. But they hit their free throws and got almost 20% of their points from last second or miracle shots.

But we didn’t really get shit for all the favorable treatment we supposedly get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, millhouse said:

There is so much to unwrap in the first 7 words of this post (whole thing really), but I completely  understand 

Truth be told sometimes I am a dick face wanker bitch too. But tonight he’s the dick face wanker bitch.

• Haha 1